Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky Fortress done. Now I have my very own giant killer pet or pet killer drone, whichever way you see it.
Loving the add ons. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:59 - 21 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought FFIX for some nostalgic JRPG fun. Then I saw the trophy list. 1,000 consecutive skipping rope jumps.
Bye bye Platinum Trophy.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 25 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:
By Christmas would be appreciated. Bounce!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHcE4LiXcAAFYu0.jpg

I don't have high hopes due to the developer involved, but it'll be nice to have the IoM circuit in a game again. TT Superbikes Legends was the last IIRC (excluding mods on PC).

Quote:
Isle of Man: Ride On The Edge has been delayed until March 2018.

https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/TT-Isle-of-Man-Ride-on-The-Edge-has-been-delayed

I like how he crashes into the sign at signpost corner.
https://youtu.be/jD28g7OI_SY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 25 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/TT-Isle-of-Man-Ride-on-The-Edge-has-been-delayed

Did he say the course was laser-scanned? Shocked I believe it took the Assetto Corsa guys a year to scan/complete the Ring.

Edit: dev diary... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hMzmGGWA5w

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:41 - 25 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a patch for an old game I own, TRON 2.0 that brings it up to date with widescreen 1920x 1080 mode. It actually looks fantastic like this, and is a lot better than other games of the era. This is possibly because there are few textures and the coloured boxes and edges of the Tron world just improve with better resolution.

I forgot how addictive and entertaining this game is. It's got some great programmer and computing jokes and has fun combat. It's truly innovative, and no wonder there is still a thriving fan community keeping it alive.

"Not another reformat. I lost all my updates in the last one."

"Yeah, that's not surprising. You'd lose your header if it wasn't compiled on!"

Made me chuckle anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 25 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Cause 3 is done all bar the challenges. This is something I can dip in and out of as and when I fancy.
It's nice to re-oppress a base and obliterate it with my super weapons.
The mech battles were awesome and the Luchador boat is sublime overkill.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 25 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for a change, tried the Shovel knight (2014) and I must say I enjoy it. I knew it was out in the 2014 but never got to it.

The difficulty curve might be a bit steep, but it is entertaining to try beat the levels and final bosses. The game is challenging yet fair. No S/NES crap, where the biggest enemy is mostly the game engine itself.

It's been awhile since I enjoyed a side scrolling platformer. Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

can gta v players on the xbox one, please explain to me in simple plain english what daily objectives are in the online version, and where I find them in my game

I have gone around and around in circles, everything online assumes I know what it is, and then talks about manipulating it

Looked through every sub section of the pause menu, and can't see anything.

I can't find it. Crying or Very sad

edit, found it, finally;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkY_JX7zPU

Remember when google would answer your questions, and not just something vaguely like what you sort of didn't ask. Rolling Eyes

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started a new Skyrim game, playing as a Khajiit, I've called him Nobby.

Uploaded some more mods. All the Bruma ones, along with the alternative start, the unofficial patch, the 24 stones beacon and the enhanced map and Sofia - which have been stable so far.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 16:19 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MahatmaAndhi wrote:
Bought FFIX for some nostalgic JRPG fun. Then I saw the trophy list. 1,000 consecutive skipping rope jumps.
Bye bye Platinum Trophy.

I'm playing that on my PSV ATM, I was going through the side quest and did all the chocographs took about 8 hours mostly playing Hot and Cold. Laughing I saw the 1000 jumps and though fuck that Laughing

I'm at the end now with loads of ultimate weapons but I'm fairly low level late 40's.

chris-red

PostPosted: 16:21 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like FFIX, A few you might not have tried that are simple and just as good Wild Arms, Chrono Trigger and Legend of Dragoon. Thumbs Up

chris-red

PostPosted: 16:22 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mostly playing this stuff.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/21687860_10155652235098476_2932310783693086093_n.jpg?oh=e5614d5eec4ed297adaa7778cf262749&oe=5A7EF8FC

But It'll be Mini SNES this weekend Cool

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:25 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

Did he say the course was laser-scanned? Shocked I believe it took the Assetto Corsa guys a year to scan/complete the Ring.

Edit: dev diary... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hMzmGGWA5w

Its pretty common tech for game-dev nowerdays, Using the lazers is the more top end stuff and pretty $$$ But even a pretty basic phone camera is capable of doing photogrammetry.

We did/are using this increasing in our current game, its especially useful for foliage/environment art but we also scanned some tanks at Bovvington a while back.

https://media.joinsquad.com/2017/Apr/RangeDayBovington/T-72_PointCloud-1.jpg
https://media.joinsquad.com/2017/Apr/RangeDayBovington/T-72_Scan-1.jpg
https://media.joinsquad.com/2017/Apr/RangeDayBovington/T-72_Scan-2.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRacing and Assetto Corsa are the only games I know that regularly scan circuits, with other titles scanning the odd track, Forza did the ring (beating AC to release) as did Raceroom. pCARS apparently did a few UK tracks and the second game's using a drone scanning method: https://www.gtplanet.net/new-tracks-in-project-cars-2-were-laser-scanned-with-drones/

It's really noticeable when you drive a non-laser scanned track now, I was playing Ride 2* the other day and their circuits were way off.

*oh yeah got Ride 2, seems a lot better than the first game.

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:16 - 30 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded Crossout,
https://crossout.net/en/game/about#/
a Mad Max free-to-play WoT/AW type thing (but a lot faster playing) where you can build your own shit vehicle.
Reviews do warn the grind is geared towards getting you to pay (real money) your way out of it, but it's fun so far on my first day Wink
And it is free!

Random YT review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjr2Gz2UzVM

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:51 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been smashing the remake of Resident Evil for PS4.

Just got myself down to the labs after blasting the crap out of that long armed Quasimodo mo'fker. Not long left 'til that's done!

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing lots of "War Wings" (WW2 aircraft shooter) on the phone. It's basically World of Warplanes, but for mobile devices

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefront 2 Beta this weekend
Dance! Dance! Dance!

https://68.media.tumblr.com/309beb5aebffb4b5c5efadf13309b1e6/tumblr_orcn7yKBuI1qjztgpo1_400.gif
Die rebel scum!

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download the Beta from 9am I believe, tomorrow, if you have the pre order code.
Have been playing Battlefront on the PS4 for a couple of weeks recently. Finished all the HUtt contracts, but don't think I'll get to level 100 before 2 comes out.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim console just got a new "Survival Mode".

Downloaded the update, not tried it yet, did a quick read up of it - sounds like my cup of tea. Thumbs Up

I used to play Oblivion with my own self-enforced house rules, could be fun. Though, it said "free trial", not sure I want to stump up any money, will have a play with it later.

Just had a quick visit to Bruma, kinda cool seeing the Imperial City in the distance. I know that PCs is really where modding is at, but I'm enjoying the Skyrim mods available on the xbox one all the same.

Feel a bit unsure what to buy, was looking in CEX and Game, and it seems that all the good Xbox one games, are just re-hashed 360 ones. Confused

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on farming sim but now logging rather then farming

Gives a strange sense of satisfaction stacking logs on a lorry and transporting them

Just ordered sniper elite as well

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Feel a bit unsure what to buy, was looking in CEX and Game, and it seems that all the good Xbox one games, are just re-hashed 360 ones. Confused

Depends what you're into. Wolfenstein Old Blood was one of my highlights of this gen', should be really cheap as well, think it was something like £12 when it came out. Halo 5 as well, I'm not a Halo fanboy, found all the previous Bungie games samey, but 4 and 5 by 343 industries were miles better IMO.

Unravel's a piece of art, probably the only game I'd describe as beautiful. Doom's fairly epic as well, always preferred killing Nazi's to demons (don't really have any beef with the devil), but it's a neat old school shooter. Despite that list I'm mainly into racing games Smile

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
but don't think I'll get to level 100 before 2 comes out.

There are levels??? I really haven't played this much at all. Embarassed

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about Wolfenstien. Meant to check it out, Return to Castle Wolfenstein I liked a lot, some of the latter ones less so.

As for Doom. Is it like DOOM, DOOM II et al, or is it like the frankly atrocious Doom 3?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:25 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Forgot about Wolfenstien. Meant to check it out, Return to Castle Wolfenstein I liked a lot, some of the latter ones less so.

As for Doom. Is it like DOOM, DOOM II et al, or is it like the frankly atrocious Doom 3?

It's like you took the essence of Doom and Doom II and injected it into the mashup of Call of Duty, Red Faction, Half Life etc, until such time as you get a skeleton fleshed out with nothing but Doom. It's pretty bloody good. The gameplay style can feel a few years out of date because there's no RPG elements, or complex item puzzles or anything, but it doesn't need it. It has key puzzles, platform puzzles and LOTS and LOTS Of action. it's hilariously good fun and quite cathartic, especially the glory kills which I really like.

There's no grinding and little hunting for items, it's just great fun.

I would recommend playing it in the dark though, as otherwise it can be hard to see, and if the brightness is too high it looks a bit washed out. Otherwise it's well worth playing if you can get it for not too much cash. I think I paid 11 quid for it on Humble bundle.

It's never going to live up to the expectations of everyone, but I went into it as someone who appreciated Doom when it was out the first time, but developed a bigger attachment with later games such as Half Life. On that basis I actually found it to be immense fun and well worth it. If you want it to be the perfect update of Doom as imagined in your fever dreams based upon modern tech and the original game then you *may* be disappointed, but I don't care because it is simply just good fun to play. A lot of games have lost this fun element recently and involve lots of slogging, grinding and item hunting, but Doom is more like intravenous adrenaline.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 7 of 64