Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:31 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
We could start with a 3-strikes rule, and then move up to gassing.

Ex prison officer buddy of mine suggested each prison should execute a random inmate every week

Don't think it was taken seriously when posted in the ideas box, but seems like a good idea

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to explain (simply) why some points here are redundant Rog, more-so about opinions because they're based on personal perspective.

Rogerborg wrote:

Let's help it to help us by actually using it. It's one of the very few things for which I don't begrudge being taxed.
"actually using it"? Laughing you're trolling, right? the prison population is currently at one of the highest figures it's ever been.

Should occur to anyone with common sense that if a system worked, it wouldn't be in crisis mode.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work because when they are caught and arrested/charged, the scrotes get let off with repeated bouts of community service, fines they pay at £1 a week etc, which are no deterrent whatsofuckignever. By the time they do go inside, it's ingrained, normal, and they will likely re-offend.

A mate is a Probation officer, and is pissed off his hands are tied and has an ever-increasing caseload that means he struggles to do his job properly.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:18 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
"actually using it"? Laughing you're trolling, right?

Not even slightly. See the point about not using it soon enough. By the time a typical lag is finally sent to prison, he will have learned to hold the criminal justice system in utter contempt.

That's the real problem. Civilisation depends on voluntary compliance with laws. We can't police and punish everyone all the time.

st3v3 wrote:
the prison population is currently at one of the highest figures it's ever been.

At 149 out of 100,000, it's square in the middle of the global pack. We're not particularly gaol-happy.

I'm in favour of decriminalising drugs and weweasing the deawers. Political prisoners like 4th Viscount St Davids as well.

st3v3 wrote:
Should occur to anyone with common sense that if a system worked, it wouldn't be in crisis mode.

Should occur to anyone with a grasp on the big picture that in a system where prison is used as a last resort, the rising numbers show that we have a terrible societal problem brewing.

If you see anyone like that, could you ask them what they'd suggest as an alternative to incarceration. See if they can come up with anything other than all the existing alternatives that are demonstrably failing to deter.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:54 - 07 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Should occur to anyone with a grasp on the big picture that in a system where prison is used as a last resort, the rising numbers show that we have a terrible societal problem brewing.

If you see anyone like that, could you ask them what they'd suggest as an alternative to incarceration. See if they can come up with anything other than all the existing alternatives that are demonstrably failing to deter.

Prison as last resort. Laughing

I would bring back super mario to sort things out though he would probably have the criminals police you.

https://i.warosu.org/data/lit/img/0068/70/1437706828041.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:46 - 08 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, I thought they'd caught the one who did that big spree of acid attacks and ped thefts, but it turns out to be mistaken identity cuz he didn't do nuffin to no geezers, he ain't even lying.

Partial result though, 14 years (i.e. 7) for the Ricky Hayden murder "manslaughter". The judge sounds like he reckons it should have been a murder conviction. Sound chap.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:04 - 09 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2017-09-09/bikers-call-for-end-to-motorcycle-thefts/

Was anyone there on the protesterest ride out?

Wonder if there was any inkling if coverage was taken on board by Rudd and Dick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 09 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
st3v3 wrote:
"actually using it"? Laughing you're trolling, right?

Not even slightly. See the point about not using it soon enough. By the time a typical lag is finally sent to prison, he will have learned to hold the criminal justice system in utter contempt.

That's the real problem. Civilisation depends on voluntary compliance with laws. We can't police and punish everyone all the time.
Yes and no, they don't so much hold it in utter contempt as laugh at the principle; they're taking deliberate law breakers and asking them to be locked up against their will for months on end and actually behave? Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Prison should be a real last resort with serious time and then it's a wake-up call, not a badge of honour.

Rogerborg wrote:
st3v3 wrote:
the prison population is currently at one of the highest figures it's ever been.

At 149 out of 100,000, it's square in the middle of the global pack. We're not particularly gaol-happy.
For the UK, it seems to be the highest number, i've no idea on global stats.

Rogerborg wrote:
st3v3 wrote:

I don't think we do, I think we have a kneejerk reaction legal system that is under pressure from the media and so everyone who can be, is awarded time away.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:13 - 10 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
I think we have a kneejerk reaction legal system that is under pressure from the media and so everyone who can be, is awarded time away.

I think you should read some magistrates' blogs to see how very rarely they jail anyone, even serial recidivists.

What's amazing to me is that our prison population is so high considering how much political pressure is put on the judiciary to find any sentence except incarceration.

TaffyTDM wrote:
Wonder if there was any inkling if coverage was taken on board by Rudd and Dick.

"Funny".

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:09 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

not seen this posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjyOATuOH8

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinK98 wrote:

Ha! Good on the van driver, I wish him much health and wealth. Hopefully there'll be more of this and few of these little pikeys will get potatoed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinK98 wrote:

A welcome exception to using your vehicle as a weapon Clapping

That's worryingly close though, I thought it was mainly going on in Sarf London.

https://bod6s0e3xl-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/HomerSimpsonTightShirt-300x188.jpg

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

That's worryingly close though, I thought it was mainly going on in Sarf London.

And in sarf we think it’s mainly norf, although I’ve heard SE is bad Sad

Spoke to a chap this morning who was in Hendon the other day and could hear a grinder, ran back to his scoot and they were at the disc lock Evil or Very Mad reckons he managed to get rid of them as he made a bit of a scene. Scary shit

Also mostly seen footage but al beebs taking notice

https://youtu.be/lMM3Wlfrw-M (apologies if I’ve missed this one and it’s already been posted)

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the cunts have been eyeing up mine and my neighbours bikes, been spotted twice now on vespas on my quiet close, and found the cover off of her (the neighbours') cbr125 one morning.

Suffice to say I've recently rekindled my enjoyment for American bat and ball sports Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot to be said for being a hobby biker. Mine comes out of the shed about a dozen times a year. And
if I'm tinkering with it or cleaning it then it's never in view of the street when I do so. My house has no garage so it's
not an obvious hint to nefarious passers by that I may have another mode of transport. When I'm out on it,
it never leaves my sight and I only get off of it for fueling and the occasional comfort break. All that said I do live
in a relatively quiet and crime free area so that probably helps. I've felt the beady eyes on me when I've been out and
about in Central Bristol a couple of times but usually head out into Somerset for my rides.
Routine is part of it, same bike, same road, same time of day. Crims look for patterns, it gives them the advantage of ambush.

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 22 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:
https://www.itv.com/news/london/2017-09-09/bikers-call-for-end-to-motorcycle-thefts/

Was anyone there on the protesterest ride out?

I was there.

Got the receipt for the banners if anyone wants to claim the vat
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:25 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Dickens: 11 year olds being used as scouts. London goes Full Fagin.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:55 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking parents to check their phones for unusual activity. Fucking lol. The fact their brats are roaming feral should give you enough indication the parents are at best turning a blind eye, at worst treating it as fair game in keeping them in pocket money.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:54 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urchins of the lower classes found loitering in the thoroughfares should be dispatched to the Work-Houses.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Asking parents to check their phones for unusual activity. Fucking lol. The fact their brats are roaming feral should give you enough indication the parents are at best turning a blind eye, at worst treating it as fair game in keeping them in pocket money.

Or skimming 50% to keep them in White Lightening and rollies

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

The 'youngers' role has been around as long as gangs have. I used to regularly buy weed in Tottenham and there would always
be a >16 yo scout on a pushbike come take a look before the man with the weed arrived. It's just taken a while
for the less grimy sectors of our society to cotton on. They consider lads older than 25 as elders and follow their orders
in order to gain access to the gangs and the money they make.

Also,

arry wrote:
Asking parents

Bwhahahahahahahaha.

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

There was a time of messaging the parents of known bike thieves after being tracked by showing off their thieving and burning peoples bikes skills on social media.

3 types of response,
Nothing
'whats it got to do with me?'
and 'his just out havin fun with his mayts, not urting no one'
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:59 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why the parents should be banged up alongside their offspring.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:38 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:

or sterilised.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:53 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
TbirdX wrote:

and sterilised.

FTFY
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 12 of 36