Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Livingstone puts his case, Synagoge in meltdown.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Livingstone puts his case, Synagoge in meltdown. Reply with quote

I know that there is a spurious thread on here of Livinstone haters doing a bit of hating, but......
It does not take much in the way of research to discover that, pre the Nurenburg Laws 1935 Hitler himself was reluctant to escalate the pogram against the Jewish population. Their were mass emigration plans mooted, blocked in the main by the US and the British(!).
Jewish settlers did try to move to Palestine, then a protectorate of the British Empire, but were strongly rejected, (even AFTER WW2).
I can see nothing essentially wrong in any of Ken's statements.
It might be enough to ruffle a few of the Synagogue's feelings, but why this RABID outcry?
Methinks there is a political element involved. Let's face it, for as many of the brethren that would naturally align to the left, there a far, far more with fingers in lucrative pies that are far more to the right.
For a such a small religious group, they don't half make a lot of noise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's obviously politically motivated.

Ever hear about the Tory politician sharing equally questionable, sideline extreme opinions? Nope, me neither. Let's all just focus on the oh-so antisemitic left.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard about that. Whatever Livingstone's opinions, I still find it rather convenient that it's now headline news in some places.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Livingstone has a history of this doesn't he? Wasn't it him and Galloway who appeared on the anti Semitic Iranian state TV show hosted by Corbyn, when he was doing a bit of cash in hand work?"

Surely better examples of the decent into perfidy than a non existent video.....? Or are we all living in Trumps world now?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Iranian government, a state that tortures dissidents, executes homosexuals and forces dress codes upon women.

Iran....... Bad, bad, bad dudes.
Saudi Arabia, Israel......... Good dudes, our friends and allies!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:02 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
a state that tortures dissidents, executes homosexuals and forces dress codes upon women.

Israel

Well, one of out three.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell that to a Palastinian.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm........ Still got a foreskin? (mutilation of children is illegal, except, of course, for certain 'religious' minorities)
Love the way you divert the facts, if you can't mount a rational argument, please go away.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is simply politicians choosing to appear offended to be able to beat Red Ken with a big stick. The mistake Ken Livingstone made was to talk frankly about the subject at a time when the Labour Party was/is receiving criticism for its pro-Palestinian views.

I don't know what was going through Hitler's mind in the early 1930s, but I suspect he did support Zionism in as much as he saw Jewish people living outside Germany as of benefit to his vision of what Germany should be. Assuming Ken Livingstone has evidence of this, what he said was factually correct but considered in the wrong context, i.e. he didn't clarify that Jewish people found it uncomfortable to live in Germany at the time as a result of anti-Semitism and felt that their life-chances would be improved if they emigrated.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:29 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Tell that to a Palastinian.

Reality, why you gots to be be racist, dawg?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Israel
vs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_Palestinian_territories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_the_State_of_Palestine#Status_of_women
vs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Israel#Women.27s_rights

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:53 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cripes, he's slipped his handler and is on about poor misunderstood Mr Hitler and fakenews antisemitism again. Clapping

No to worry. Labour Friends of Palestine have a ... solution.

https://i1.wp.com/order-order.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/labourpalestine.png?w=540&ssl=1

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, you've got a memory like an elephant. Thought we'd put this to bed as a general shit stirring effort on the part of the meja on a quiet day.
I do sometimes wonder at the education some of you people have (n't) had. I know that history and geo politics were dropped from most schools curriculum but I thought that was relatively recently. It might be tedious, but tracing the roots of German antisemitism needs a little more research than a quick look through Wikipedia.
So, from your VAST depth of knowledge and wisdom, what do you propose to 'solve' the Palestinian situation? All well and good sneering, lets here your 'solution'. Baring in mind that the way things are going in the Middle East, this might well be an even more dangerous flashpoint than all the others flashing away.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:41 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A final solution seems popular in many circles.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:02 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
I do sometimes wonder at the education some of you people have (n't) had.

You suppose that I disagree with Red Ken on this issue? What an interesting insight into your thought processes.

jjdugen wrote:
what do you propose to 'solve' the Palestinian situation?

Why solve it? It's not a problem, it's jolly amusing to watch the unstoppable might of islam being thrashed over and over and over and over and over again by a handful of die Juden, and not learn a damn thing from it.

Cheer up, chap, worse things happen at sea.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 04:04 - 30 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitler never killed a single Jew.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:09 - 30 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Hitler never killed a single Jew.

https://i.imgur.com/sNUkXqA.jpg

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 30 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel has been a US led proxy war since Israel was recognized as a state by the UN. No-one seems to be squealing about their nukes. If the Israeli state is ever under existential threat, Riyahd, Damascus, Cairo, etc will be vaporised, maybe as good a reason as any for keeping them happy? (I just love conspiracy theories).
The state of Israel was formed from the Zionist terror groups that killed so many British people in their quest for 'freedom', a fact avidly overlooked by those proclaiming Israels 'right' to existence.
But we, British, must assume a burden of fault too. Pre WW2, we had a policy of denial as far as Germans Jews were concerned, as did the US.
Hitler and his cohorts would have been perfectly happy shipping out their Jewish population, (after relieving them of their wealth, of course). The land of the free and the land of chip butty's did not want them. Mea Culpa.
It goes back farther. We made a promise to the Arab armies, specifically the Saudi king, that once the Ottoman Empire had been defeated, they would rule the lands of the Middle East, including Palestine. Guess what. We lied.
To many wrongs here, mostly OUR wrongs. You might have no interest in Middle Eastern politics, but those living their have very long memories.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:14 - 30 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
You might have no interest in Middle Eastern politics, but those living their have very long memories.

The core problem. The region, particularly the peacelamists, can't move on while they're obsessed with re-fighting long lost battles.

As a Scotch, I can grokk it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1