View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 24 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Yesterday, canal tow path...

https://i.imgur.com/WIZOInL.jpg

Did you bury the bodies, or just sling them in the water?

NO!!!!!

This could be me

Horrified canal boat captain finds dead body jammed in propeller after boat's engine cuts out on canal

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horrified-canal-boat-captain-finds-9796022

Actually I don't mind, I've been told they untangle when you put the engine in reverse so carry on. Thumbs Up

bassmastergen...
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:54 - 29 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
pepperami wrote:
I hope that he died in absolute agony.

Apparently he survived but is potato. Really the worse case scenario... we have to pay for his care Crying or Very sad

It's not all bad, safe to say he won't be stealing any more bikes.

What a pity they don't all end up like him or, better yet, 6 feet under.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:18 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Guidelines written and enforced by backroom mouse nudgers who are a long way from dealing with a combative chav in the wild.

Guidelines written by those with no contact with the realities of contact with the outside world can be overly cautious (though the plods on the beat STILL manage to over-reach themselves fairly regularly-see case under discussion), whereas those written by those in everyday contact with the dregs of society tend to be a bit laissez-faire and produce unacceptably high numbers of prisoners falling down stairs and walking into doors.

Rogerborg wrote:
AshWebster wrote:
Due to the actions of two idiot kids (and their dickhead mothers etc), two officers have probably lost their careers

Both found guilty of gross misconduct, Whitey was dismissed the service.

Whitey lost his career but it doesn't sound unwarranted. From the report "The tall officer then flipped Christian-Lee on to his front...He pushed the left side of Christian-Lee’s face, which was swollen, into the floor. He pushed his face with some force, he wasn’t just holding it...The officer then pulled one of Christian-Lee’s arms up behind his back and put one of his knees in Christian-Lee’s back."

Unaccountably PC Francis' version of events failed to match that of the witnesses (not that he was trying to gloss over his fuck up, perish the thought). So he failed to deal with a casualty in accordance with guidelines AND he tried (and failed) to cover it up with a BS statement. We have enough trouble with the police as it is, don't need any more grief courtesy of PC Francis and his impeccable high stress decision making.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:59 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:

Whitey lost his career but it doesn't sound unwarranted. From the report "The tall officer then flipped Christian-Lee on to his front...He pushed the left side of Christian-Lee’s face, which was swollen, into the floor. He pushed his face with some force, he wasn’t just holding it...The officer then pulled one of Christian-Lee’s arms up behind his back and put one of his knees in Christian-Lee’s back."

Unaccountably PC Francis' version of events failed to match that of the witnesses (not that he was trying to gloss over his fuck up, perish the thought).

The witnesses failed to agree on most of it too. And let us not forget who the witnesses were.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I speak for most on here when I say with absolutely zero sympathy, fuck Christian-Lee! The dirty thieving
scumbag div got exactly what he deserved. It's just a shame that someone who served their community rather than
terrorised it had to take a fall to keep the circling mob sated. Looked to me that the 'witnesses' are the exact same people
that usually say " he was just having a laugh, he was a good boy really" etc. Funny how the word of a load of his mates
and assorted cockholsters is enough to ruin a working mans career. So enjoy your apple sauce and pureed banana while
you learn to wipe your own arse again, the adidas tracksuit bottoms aren't quite so reem now you're wearing a
nappy under them eh, and that name you're so proud of would be a lot more impressive if you could still actually
say it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Shame that my tax £££s are being spent on its treatment, but I suppose I'm getting value for
money knowing the NHS is keeping it alive so it can regret its decision every single day and live with the results.
Enjoy your brand new utterly shit life potato boy, you deserve every bit of it! Thumbs Up

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-06/29/13/enhanced/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane01/original-grid-image-3369-1467221657-6.jpg?crop=419:419;0,21&downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Totally agree ^^^

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Copycat73 wrote:
Jurors were told there was no suggestion the boy, who was riding with a pillion passenger, had stolen the bike.

looks like it was not stolen...

Jesus wept. Read again. It had just been stolen. The pillion's story was that they'd "found it."

Given that Chavvy McSpud was full potato and the IPCC were baying for blood, they didn't get prosecuted, is all.

If you genuinely believe the "found it" story then we really have no basis for rational debate.

Actually if you believe his story that he "found" the bike he was riding you have to accept that he he knew it was stolen because 'stealing by finding' is an actual thing.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:05 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
The witnesses failed to agree on most of it too. And let us not forget who the witnesses were.

grr666 wrote:
Looked to me that the 'witnesses' are the exact same people that usually say " he was just having a laugh, he was a good boy really" etc.

These are interesting points, do we actually know who the witnesses are? The report rather blandly states : "When PC Francis stopped by Mr Thompson there were a number of other people present. These were Ms Penny Cooper, Ms Lisa Stanbridge and Ms Keely Ingram. Shortly afterwards Mr Jared Read and his mother Ms Kerrie Oliver arrived.".
Read and Oliver were "close-friends" so should be dealt with sceptically, 2 other witnesses who passed by but didn't get involved corroborate the witnesses story and nothing on the others.

I can't find any information from news reports about whether the other witness were just random passer-bys or friends of Mr Potato Head. They were either there from the start or turned up soon afterwards, so who knows?

Regardless of the witnesses reliability, they had their story straight enough to make PC Francis look distinctly dodgy with his account. The disagreements in witness statements seems mostly concerned with whether he was forced to the ground or not. Sounds distinctly like Francis over did it (trying to cuff a badly injured suspect and twisting his arm up his back is not SOP).

TBH this case is more or less in line with Karmic Justice. The guy who pushed the chav off the scooter got the worst of it, having to go to court, though at least got a not-guilty. Wildly over enthusiastic, fib telling officer canned, mildly over enthusiastic officer given a warning and thief potatoed good and proper.

Last edited by Falco on 17:32 - 01 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:39 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSpud was non-responsive and trying to leg it. How would you have handled that situation?

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:32 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
McSpud was non-responsive and trying to leg it. How would you have handled that situation?

That's not really relevant. I'm not a trained officer and I have no duty of care for potatoed moped thieves.

He had that duty of care, he failed in it, he was less than honest about what he had done after the fact. Loosing his job seems an appropriate response to that behaviour.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 180 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3