Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MAG would like you to write to TfL

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:53 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: MAG would like you to write to TfL Reply with quote

And express how horrified you are about them being all discriminate against bikeys and that.

Presented without comment, although doubtless some MAGpies will infer nefarious intent.

MAG wrote:
Hi,

This was going to be included in October's Network, however, the cut off date for this extremely important Consultaion is next Tuesday 2nd October so I'm brining it to your attention now.

Thanks, AG, Network Ed.

IMPORTANT................................................... Because if the following gets in, it sends a message across the entire country and will provide a free for all for every Council to penalise you for riding your motorcycle. If you want that then sit on your butt and do nothing, however, if you value riding without being super rich then please respond to the consultation, AG:-

Hi All,

Please encourage as many members to respond individually to the consultation about Mayor Sadiq Khan's proposals for the long term development of roads in London.

As this is the UK Capital, everyone is entitled to have their say about this 'Vision' but having read the whole thing through it looks more like a Nightmare to me.

I will be drafting MAG's official response – but it is crucial that the Mayor and TfL get as many individual responses from a biker's point of view as possible.

There are a few positive proposals from the Mayor regarding motorcycling – but his track record so far on delivering on his pre-election promises is appalling.

My personal and professional view of the situation is that rather than leading the way for TfL, Khan and his Transport Deputy, Val Shawcross are simply going to push TfL's long standing anti-biking agenda and try to squeeze motorcycling out of the Capital.

The main thrust of this strategy is to steal more road space from bikers and hive it off for exclusive use by cyclists or pedestrians.

Below is the link to the consultation page – and it is a good idea to send your comments by email, as well as via the website portal.

https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/transport/our-vision-transport/draft-mayors-transport-strategy-2017

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 15:05 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAG would like a lot of things though, very few of which are ever likely to have a basis in reality.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:59 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urgh, I had a poke, but it asks the same vaguely worded multi-choice "How awesome on a scale of super-awesome to mega-super-awesome is the Khan Plan"? over and over and over again until I just gave up.

Which I imagine is the intention.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed the questionnaire. It's sickeningly pro-'everything I hate' but thankfully you have enough ranty boxes to vent in.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
MAG would like a lot of things though, very few of which are ever likely to have a basis in reality.

The irony is, the reason why bikers shouldn't be included in the London ULEZ, is the same reason why MAG is so ineffective - we're totally fucking insignificant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

vanderbale
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:09 - 30 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 minutes of my life gone, hopefully it serves some good other than fancy graphs.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Considering i never have to ride in to London i really could not give a toss.

Neither do I but I filled in a few anyway. If they think they will meet some resistance they may at least take longer
to implement their little cash cows. And where London cashes in other cities follow. For instance, Bristol is now talking
about a daily congestion charge. Once the infrastructure is paid for it's lots of money for old rope, it doesn't and won't
stop people driving in, but at least they can be rinsed a bit more for doing necessary journeys. Yet again the productive
are the ones penalised. Lay in bed all day and don't pay a penny.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Once the infrastructure is paid for it's lots of money for old rope, it doesn't and won't stop people driving in, but at least they can be rinsed a bit more for doing necessary journeys.

The odd thing about the London congestion zone's you still get massive congestion inside the zone, but also it makes routes just outside worse than they otherwise be. You can save a lot of time skirting along routes just inside, something cabbies seem to do.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:08 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand those consultations or surveys . At least with the scots ones they have it in a form you can look over at your leisure even if they go on to completely ignore the results.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:13 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glasgow's been threatening congestion or lezzer zones for quite some time. They have loads of bus-lane cameras and the Zil lane cameras from the Commonwealth so it really is only a matter of time.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 178 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1