BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Shit tools are shit.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:38 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of those Silverline biscuit cutters also.
I too was bitterly disappointed Crying or Very sad

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:37 - 05 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: Shit tools are shit. Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
chris-red wrote:
I had a look and was surprised how expensive they are. It's an angle grinder with a guide set up.

yeah its not though is it. An angle grinder it doesn't matter if the disc isn't aligned, a biscuit jointer it does so big difference in manufacturing cost.

Its a bit like those tool cabinets, just because you don't understand why something is expensive doesn't make it overpriced.

As to Silverline they are cheap chinese rebadged tools, what did you expect?

I didn't say they were overpriced, just that they were more expensive than I expected.

As to what did I expect, the same thing anyone who buys a cheap tool expects, it will be able to do the job but not last too long. As I have very few plans to use it it made sense.

I do not expect it to be unuseable.

Going back to the tools cabinets. I'm happy with the cheap ones I have bought. They do the job. They aren't wonderful but I don't need them to be. Can you not understand that some people do not need/can't afford the best equipment?

If it makes you slightly happier I did pick up a ~£700 Kennedy Professional Rolling tool chest. I give £50 for it Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2