Bike Advice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

rocknrollarmy...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:54 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Bike Advice Reply with quote

Hi People,
Having been on here to ask advice about my accident last year, I thought you may be able to help me out again!
Due to the driver not stopping my insurance has gone through the roof!So, those hopes of a Z900 or a Speedtriple have gone floating away. So, having to downsize a little...
BMW F800R
HONDA CB650F (or is there an R in there ?)
These are my first choices, with maybe Suzy GSXS 750, as an alternative?
Basically, use for work, weekends, Sunday blasts and the trips to Europe.
Any help gratefully received
Thanks,
Paul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having owned a gsr750, ridden an f800r a lot but only had a little time on cb650, I'd go Suzuki, BMW, Honda. Gsr was excellent at everything. BMW is geared very high, can be interesting round town. Cb felt ok, but would like more cubes.

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer 900, an MT-09 in a sensible suit but still a fun bike with a punchy engine.

Or for a bit less money, the MT-07/tracer is worth a look and they sound nice with an exhaust.

Street Triples are not much slower than the Speed so they are worth a try too, or even a Tiger or Sprint ST.

It looks like you want a great do it all bike, Commuter, Blaster and long range tourer.

What kind of budget are you working with?

I would go on a comparison site and run various bikes through, Insurance is funny business. A mate was telling me how cheap his Super Blackbird is to insure so I tried it and for me it's £100 more than my MT-10 Shocked

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 05 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:

I would go on a comparison site and run various bikes through, Insurance is funny business.

make a separate e-mail address, use private browsing, don't use your own details, made up name and house just down the street, comparison sites occasionally use algorithms if you're doing a lot of quotes.

thebikeinsurer is the site I've used for the past 5 years

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 05 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your choice is being limited by insurance to the point it's the deciding factor.

I'd, in theory, buy whatever you can get a reasonable quote for and use that for a year and then, after the year is done, see where you're at.

I spent a very long time on a 125 cc because insurance quotes were silly. I think, you may find, you're probably going to have to ride something you can afford, in all areas, to run rather than what you'd like, for now. Insurance is a dead end investment; I wouldn't donate a penny more than is needed.

rocknrollarmy...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:38 - 05 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks People.. good hearing off other bikers... yeh Insurance is crap.. £1000 for z9, Tiger etc, hence the reduction in cc..Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 176 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1