View previous topic : View next topic  

stommo87
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:47 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: deleted Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by stommo87 on 06:38 - 08 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:33 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: Rough price for first 125cc Bike Reply with quote

Someone else will surely come with a more detailed response later, until then...
It's late and I'm drunk so I'll keep this brief.

Cheap, chinese, copy shit.
Noobs should buy a decent second hand Honda or Yamaha.

The training centre doesn't sound like it should be trusted.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:21 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stommo87 wrote:
Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong section but I'm a noob looking for some advice.

I sit my CBT next month and the training centre owner has told me his sister in law has a motorbike for sale, a 2015, 125cc Lexmoto which he said is an ideal first bike. (Also only one previous, experienced rider). Coming from a guy who runs a bike training school, who am I to disbelieve him..? But I don't have a clue about road legal bike prices etc.

I expected the price of a first bike to be at least a grand upwards but he said his sister is selling it for only £800.

Does this sound like a rough price for such a bike? I thought that a 2015 plate would have been quite a bit more expensive? I am 29 and held my car licence for 11 years and the insurance quote that I got for the Lexmoto was only £228.

Should I go for it and buy this bike? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Ps Is there any questions I should ask him before buying, like do bikes have advisories like car MOT,s

Thanks for reading
Scott Very Happy

"2015 Lexmoto" tells us nothing. What model? What mileage, what condition? Has it been serviced at all?

But don't waste your time buying a 125. If you enjoy your CBT, I'd suggest that you go straight on to training and tests and get access to a far wider range of bikes. You don't have to jump straight on a Fireblade.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:01 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a quick flounce Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:31 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quick enough. Whistle

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:04 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: deleted Reply with quote

stommo87 wrote:
Scott Very Happy

Not that happy Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:51 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking instructor is a member?

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come he flounced of into the sunset without so much as a good note on the pillow?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:10 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
How come he flounced of into the sunset without so much as a good note on the pillow?

Because you're a fucking piece of shit?

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Tracer1234 wrote:

Because you're a fucking piece of shit?

Ahh, got ya...

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:

Cos the first response, tame by BCF standards to be fair, did not contain enough positive confirmation bias?

Either that, or hes ventured further into BCF and strayed into one of the NSFW threads Sick

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway, mister lurker mclurky pants

Lexmoto's = meh, okay. I started my BCF life here on a Chinese 125 - a Vulcan - and who's heard of them? Another flash in the pan clone. At least Lexmoto's have parts available.

Lexmoto £800, too much!!

That said, I sold an IMHO inferior Zontes on for £600 earlier this year.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1