Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Project Cars 2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:43 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Project Cars 2 Reply with quote

Released on the 22nd of this month.

Anyone getting this?

Looks very promising.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the system requirements, I'm going to wait for someone to do some tests with various HW, just to see if it's even worth getting for my current PC.

I only wonder how the PS4 and Xbox One will handle this game.

https://i.imgur.com/NYPH8ME.png

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Looking at the system requirements, I'm going to wait for someone to do some tests with various HW, just to see if it's even worth getting for my current PC.

I only wonder how the PS4 and Xbox One will handle this game.

https://i.imgur.com/NYPH8ME.png

So Microshaft are FORCING people to upgrade to Windows 10 to play games now? Evil or Very Mad

Seriously considering a dual boot just to play Forza Horizon 3.... I feel a new PC build is on the cards Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Win10 required for DX12? Xbox version will be 900p like the first I imagine.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do say, it should run on the W7.

I'm going to W10 this year (the 10 year lifespan of Win7 is getting to its end). There already are W10 exclusive games (DX12) and I also want to get more familiar with the new OS. Everytime I use someone else's computer, most of them have W10 and I quite struggle in it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:51 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sticking with Win7 until 2020 or whenever they drop support. Dunno what I'll do after that Very Happy Only Win10 'exclusives' I'm interested in are Halo/Forza which I've got on Xbox. I'll probably get the One X eventually. pCARS 2 is meant to be supported (to bring it back to topic Shifty).

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

2020? I thought it was going to end this year. Well, that changes it all, feck W10, for now. Razz Laughing

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:04 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:

So Microshaft are FORCING people to upgrade to Windows 10 to play games now? Evil or Very Mad

:

No they are making life easy for developers by not having to support old OS's.

They have done this for years. I'd rather better games on Modern equipment than to have naffer games that run on Windows 98. Win7 is 8 years old and you could have got a free upgrade to 10. How can you feel hard done by?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:25 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
2020? I thought it was going to end this year. Well, that changes it all, feck W10, for now. Razz Laughing

Mainstream support ended a couple of years ago (anyone notice? Razz). For security updates it's Jan. 14, 2020.

chris-red wrote:
No they are making life easy for developers by not having to support old OS's.

They have done this for years. I'd rather better games on Modern equipment than to have naffer games that run on Windows 98. Win7 is 8 years old and you could have got a free upgrade to 10. How can you feel hard done by?

Remember?

https://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/05/halo2_vista_425px.jpg

If they didn't do the free upgrade I doubt a lot of people would have bothered with Win10, and there are still a lot of people on Win7 hence why game devs are still supporting it: https://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-now-accounts-for-more-than-half-of-pcs-in-the-steam-hardware-survey/ For PC Gamers Halo/Forza/Gears of War's probably enough of an incentive to upgrade.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Mainstream support ended a couple of years ago (anyone notice? Razz). For security updates it's Jan. 14, 2020.

I did have issues with fresh instal of the W7 last year. I had to manually get all the updates and hotfix solutions so the Windows update app would even work. But after that, everything runs just fine.

If you don't fix the Windows update app, it'll randomly search for updates, always failing, while eating upto 30% of your CPU resources doing so. The system would even idle at 30-40% CPU usage.

But yes, Win7 is dying, Kabylake and Ryzen won't even boot that OS. DX12 and W10 exclusive games are the next two things, that will make me go to W10. The good thing is, once I decide to switch to W10, I'll have a plenty of games I've never had a chance to play. I'm even thinking about gettin the Xbox One X, instead of a new gfx card for my current PC. I now run a GTX1050Ti (not my first choice, had it laying around) which is alright, but is getting old very quickly. Still better performance than the current consoles though.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:24 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is anybody playing this?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:45 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I gave it a go. 7/10

+
Car and track selection (the old ones + new additions: Ferrari, Porsche, Vintage SPA and MONZA...)
Weather model
Puddles on the track actually influence your driving
Better handling of selected cars (some cars feel worse)
Better car suspension physics (feels a bit more realistic)
Snow

-
System requirements (the game looks the same, but it is more gfx card demanding)
Bugs, bugs and bugs (although the first patch fixed a plenty of them)
Snow (not as fun, as I thought it'd be. In real life I'm having blast driving on snow.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Also, from what I've seen, the PS4 and Xbox one can't really handle the game properly. So stick to PC or PS4 Pro/Xbox one X only.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:41 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is fine on Xbox One. The One X will be even better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:50 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Fine, you say? https://youtu.be/A8xZN9LTh6I?t=10m37s Thinking

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:18 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Fine, you say? https://youtu.be/A8xZN9LTh6I?t=10m37s Thinking

What's the issue sorry? Not sure I see the issue.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 11:22 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this since release but have had very limited time to play. I'm playing in PS4 Pro with a Thrustmaster T300RS wheel.

Fundamentally, the game is good, very good. Physics seem spot on and I like the force feedback. The weather system is fantastic and adds so much to the game.

However......

From reading online the game is suffering from some pretty bad bugs - I've not noticed many myself, I think the only one I've seen is to do with car setups from the wrong vehicles being saved, but others have noticed many, many more. I'm sure in time they'll be fixed but underneath it all there's a very good game.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:51 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you have a multiplayer league going with AI. PC1 is annoying when you have to keep setting up races and take note of points, instead of going to a new track and showing where you are in the league.
Only play with a few friends and a lot of AI.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:47 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going wrote:
Can you have a multiplayer league going with AI. PC1 is annoying when you have to keep setting up races and take note of points, instead of going to a new track and showing where you are in the league.
Only play with a few friends and a lot of AI.

Yes, there's a full league management thing built in.....

Well, there will be, when SMS introduce it in a later patch.

I played today and although flawed there were glimpses of brilliance - I hope they can sort it out with the patches.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1