Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
kippyzona wrote:
Most of the stuff comes from China but it's our belgian chocolates that will be the issue.
As I said we have absorbed most price increases but we just don't know how much they will go up once we can no longer freely trade with the mainland.
I doubt that the tariff on chocolate is top of our negotiators list when theyve got to worry about supplying our power stations.
My experience of politicians is give them a task and they will fuck it up , late and over budget. They are fucking useless .

We import wind now?

Does the EU sell us our Nuclear fuel supply? How about Russian gas, is that from the EU?

We're doomed!

We import more gas from Norway.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-energy-how-much-what-type-and-where-from/

Quote:
Natural gas imports

Natural gas made up around 29% of the UK’s fuel imports in 2015 with Norway again being a key import partner for this type of fuel.

Most of the gas we import comes through pipelines laid underneath the sea bed. We have established pipelines with Norway and the Netherlands which accounted for 61% and 7% of our 2015 gas imports respectively. We also have established pipelines with Belgium but gas imports from Belgium only accounted for 0.4% of our 2015 gas imports.

A nice shiny graph showing approx 61% of our gas coming from Norway. About 2/3rds down the page. HTH.

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:22 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
No, the EU wants us to agree to pay the mortgage and keep all the furniture and the car, before even talking about access to the kids.

Commitments, present and future go nowhere near the value of what we've invested into the EU in assets. If we want that back, the EU owes us.

In any divorce, you don't get to demand the sum, before agreeing the terms.

It is not EU fault that the UK government sucks big time, from the start of Brexit negotiations, it has not been about Brexit, but as to who is going to be the next head honcho for the UK, sabotaging each other positions regarding Brexit and making the negotiating team job almost impossible.

Regarding the money, that is why I said "allegedly" as I am totally ignorant about how they quantify what the UK is supposed to pay the EU and why. I know they are commitments till the end of the EU fiscal budget thingy in 2020, but going out in 2019 that is only one year left.

Is the UK massively in arrears with the EU? I do not know but it could be a factor regarding the money issue.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:41 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo wrote:
I am totally ignorant about how they quantify what the UK is supposed to pay the EU and why.

Think of a number and then double it. Thumbs Up
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo wrote:

Regarding the money, that is why I said "allegedly" as I am totally ignorant about how they quantify what the UK is supposed to pay the EU and why. I know they are commitments till the end of the EU fiscal budget thingy in 2020, but going out in 2019 that is only one year left.

Is the UK massively in arrears with the EU? I do not know but it could be a factor regarding the money issue.

EU has said many times it is not about the exact amount. There are accountants to do that - based on framework and agreed principles. This is very complex issue with many parts. For example pensions for all UK citizens that have been worked for EU like Nigel Farage for example.

All papers with the progress so far have been published here:

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/brexit-negotiations/negotiating-documents-article-50-negotiations-united-kingdom_en

The initial paper is here: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/essential-principles-financial_settlement_en_0.pdf

It say:
Quote:

Essential Principles on Financial Settlement

The Union and the United Kingdom should both respect in full the financial obligations resulting from the whole period of the United Kingdom membership in the Union.
I. General principles
1.There should be a single financial settlement related to:
The Union budget;
The termination of the membership of the United Kingdom of all bodies or institutions established by the Treaties;
The participation of the United Kingdom in specific funds and facilities related to the Union policies.

Annex 1 provides an indicative list, on the basis of information currently available, of the bodies and funds to be included in the financial settlement.

FYI the Article 50 UK withdrawal negotiations are the easy part.

If the EU and UK agree on that, UK will receive 2 years transition period.

UK needs this transitional period so that there is some time to handle all the complexities of the future relations - trade, law, security and many more.

Given the fact that it took 7 years for simple trade contract with Canada I am not holding my breath.

UK will make history in 21st century what happens when unicorns meet reality that is for sure Laughing

Brexiteers are sounding increasingly like Marxists: the theory is perfect, it just hasn't been implemented properly...

No wonder Jeremy Corbyn supports Brexit and May is very concerned about housing and workers

If it all sounds too good to be true...🤔

Last edited by Val on 20:59 - 11 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double'd up.

Last edited by Jewlio Rides Again LLB on 20:57 - 11 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
https://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-energy-how-much-what-type-and-where-from/

Quote:
Natural gas imports

Natural gas made up around 29% of the UK’s fuel imports in 2015 with Norway again being a key import partner for this type of fuel.

Most of the gas we import comes through pipelines laid underneath the sea bed. We have established pipelines with Norway and the Netherlands which accounted for 61% and 7% of our 2015 gas imports respectively. We also have established pipelines with Belgium but gas imports from Belgium only accounted for 0.4% of our 2015 gas imports.

A nice shiny graph showing approx 61% of our gas coming from Norway. About 2/3rds down the page. HTH.

With no mention what so ever of Russia? Yeah right.

And nothing whatsoever to do with Crimea and the dodgy relations with Mother Russia, where the sabre rattling resulted in trying to reduce reliance on their product, an effective form of sanctions? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Gazprom’s supplies to Centrica will rise to 29.1 billion cubic metres (bcm) until 2021, compared with 2.4 bcm agreed in a three-year deal in 2012. On average of the six-year deal, Gazprom will provide roughly 9 percent of Britain’s gas needs, according to Reuters calculations.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you've missed that one:

Trump rejects May’s post-Brexit agriculture deal with EU - US joins countries opposing UK-EU agricultural import deal

https://www.ft.com/content/92bb5636-a95b-11e7-ab55-27219df83c97
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:11 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Nice article. Thumbs Up

"Subscribe to read:
Trump rejects May’s post-Brexit agriculture deal with EU"

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Lupo wrote:
I am totally ignorant about how they quantify what the UK is supposed to pay the EU and why.

Think of a number and then double it. Thumbs Up

AFAIK the UK has offered to avoid a shortfall in this budget, so to carry on making payments for 2 years after we leave, which's commendable but the EU see this as a sign we'll pay for everything which was decided whilst we were still a member (which isn't what we have said).

Basically all those future plans decided during pillow talk the EU want to hold us to Confused

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Val wrote:

Nice article. Thumbs Up

"Subscribe to read:
Trump rejects May’s post-Brexit agriculture deal with EU"

92bb5636-a95b-11e7-ab55-27219df83c97

Copy that number into google search, follow link to FT, read article with no paywall.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:06 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
EU has said many times it is not about the exact amount.

But ten billion here, ten billion there, pretty soon you're talking about real money.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

And nothing whatsoever to do with Crimea and the dodgy relations with Mother Russia, where the sabre rattling resulted in trying to reduce reliance on their product, an effective form of sanctions? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Gazprom’s supplies to Centrica will rise to 29.1 billion cubic metres (bcm) until 2021, compared with 2.4 bcm agreed in a three-year deal in 2012. On average of the six-year deal, Gazprom will provide roughly 9 percent of Britain’s gas needs, according to Reuters calculations.

What's your point? Your graphic ignored Russia, which I pointed out, you then seem to agree with me and posted info saying it makes up 9% of UK total gas usage?!

Are you a bit thick?

Go back and read the link. It states clearly in black and white, in simple English. 9% is hardly the large amount your graphic stated is it, Mpabbott?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Centrica's agreement with Statoil adds another 2.3 bcm per year to a ten-year 50-bcm deal signed in 2011, with supplies starting from this October. Statoil covers around 20 percent of Britain's gas needs.

Happy to help, Noncy McNonceface.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your math ability is as shit as your hairstyle. Wub

Care to explain which universe 9% > 20%?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Your math ability is as shit as your hairstyle. Wub

Care to explain which universe 9% > 20%?

Before you carry on making a tit of yourself, have a look at the graphic again.

If that fails, read my supposed idiot proof guide again about Russia and Norway supplying a percentage of EU gas, which in turn provides a percentage of UK gas.

If that fails, ask your children to explain it for you.

Are you a bit dim?

Read. My. Link.

Then you can apologise. Thumbs Up

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Are you a bit dim?

Read. My. Link.

Then you can apologise. Thumbs Up

13.3% is pretty damn close to 9% and not >20% you thick twat.

Do you really need me to explain where the 13.3% figure comes from again?

What's 33% X 38%?

Have you read my link?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 168 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 61 of 523