Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:36 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattEMulsion wrote:
I think you are all over complicating this

I think you are making a sweeping generalisation and a false accusation, as all paedophiles do.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattEMulsion wrote:
Basically if you buy something like this online you have 14 days to change your mind under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and return the item for a full refund.

"Something like this" - emphasis on "like". As in, if they're old-fashioned on-ear headphones then yes, I can't really see why the 14 day rule wouldn't apply. However, if they were in-ear type, perhaps the suppliers and/or manufacturers could claim otherwise. I know OP's are the former, but it does raise a question for what a buyer's rights might be in the case of the latter (which I prefer tbh).

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
MattEMulsion wrote:
Basically if you buy something like this online you have 14 days to change your mind under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and return the item for a full refund.

"Something like this" - emphasis on "like". As in, if they're old-fashioned on-ear headphones then yes, I can't really see why the 14 day rule wouldn't apply. However, if they were in-ear type, perhaps the suppliers and/or manufacturers could claim otherwise. I know OP's are the former, but it does raise a question for what a buyer's rights might be in the case of the latter (which I prefer tbh).

Indeed, hence my post.

You wouldn't expect Ann Summers to take back worn knickers with a full refund, hygiene. Same can be said for in ear. Conventional ones, not so much.

PS. Got some brand new Beats Solo 3 headphones for sale if OP is interested Laughing

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/returns_and_exchanges.html

"Returns and exchanges
Satisfaction is guaranteed on all Bose® products purchased by consumers directly from Bose. We want you to be thrilled, so if you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it within the 30-day* trial period for a full refund.
*45 days for L1® systems."

Does that /\ not apply to you?

Nope, because he's not bought directly from Bose.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I don't quite get is, given that the deliverer has no idea what my signature looks like, how do they know if it's me that's actually signing for the package? They obviously can't know. So then, what value or relevance etc. can the signature realistically have? It seems to serve no practical purpose, unless there's some way the deliverer can check the signature's authenticity. This suggests anyone can sign for the delivery, and also that they can claim to be the addressee, and that the deliverer is more or less obliged to hand the package over. I think a lot of people assume the process of signing has some sort of legal status - but if it does it must be pretty flimsy if it's so easy to subvert.

As long as the carrier delivers to your door the package is considered delivered. The signature is an irellevance but a useful one. If you have people inside your house that you don't trust that is your problem, the package has been delivered to the house with a further signature as proof.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
One thing I don't quite get is, given that the deliverer has no idea what my signature looks like, how do they know if it's me that's actually signing for the package? They obviously can't know. So then, what value or relevance etc. can the signature realistically have? It seems to serve no practical purpose, unless there's some way the deliverer can check the signature's authenticity. This suggests anyone can sign for the delivery, and also that they can claim to be the addressee, and that the deliverer is more or less obliged to hand the package over. I think a lot of people assume the process of signing has some sort of legal status - but if it does it must be pretty flimsy if it's so easy to subvert.

As long as the carrier delivers to your door the package is considered delivered. The signature is an irellevance but a useful one. If you have people inside your house that you don't trust that is your problem, the package has been delivered to the house with a further signature as proof.

Not unknown for deliveries to the wrong house though. I had stuff delivered to a neighbour from amazon, the paperwork said I'd signed for it despite being 30 miles away Rolling Eyes Try proving that one with no card to say it had been left with a neighbour.

The only reason I found out was that another company banged a card through my door saying it has been left with the same neighbour, who then gave me everything that should have been delivered Rolling Eyes

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:01 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
=
Not unknown for deliveries to the wrong house though. I had stuff delivered to a neighbour from amazon, the paperwork said I'd signed for it despite being 30 miles away Rolling Eyes Try proving that one with no card to say it had been left with a neighbour.

The only reason I found out was that another company banged a card through my door saying it has been left with the same neighbour, who then gave me everything that should have been delivered Rolling Eyes

Y U NO READ EMAIL?

https://i.imgur.com/qQRlQ83.jpg

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
=

Y U NO READ EMAIL?

https://i.imgur.com/qQRlQ83.jpg

My neighbour (female) does not have my same surname. Nor does anyone who lives there. HTH.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug_the_bastard wrote:
From past bulk-stock experience, you're signing purely to say it's arrived, it would be unreasonable to inspect all goods upon delivery. You then raise any damages goods in a reasonable time with the supplier.

I'm not an expert on small deliveries, but I'd imagine that A) sickpup, being a (ex?)courier, is. And B) the procedure is probably the same as for bulk goods, because I don't ever remember seeing a number of goods at which point things change.

I deal with couriers on a daily basis, most of them you are signing to say it's arrived in good condition. You have to tell the driver that you want to sign as damaged, most couriers wouldn't accept the signature being signed, literally, as 'Damaged' as I've had that argument many times with the courier.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:51 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonko The Sane wrote:
most of them you are signing to say it's arrived in good condition.

Oh, is that what it says in a large, readable font and clear, unambiguous language on the little squiggle pad that's thrust in my face for half a second?

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Wonko The Sane wrote:
most of them you are signing to say it's arrived in good condition.

Oh, is that what it says in a large, readable font and clear, unambiguous language on the little squiggle pad that's thrust in my face for half a second?

actually, yes.

When working in retail I had a delivery arrive with packaging in good condition but items within broken, sender would not re-fund/replace or credit as I had "signed for in good condition" delivery chap was quite pissed when the next delivery I received with a box hanging open, I went through and checked every single piece in the delivery before signing (he actually went away and came back)

I know with TNT we have 24 hours to inform that contents are damaged after which they won't do anything unless it was 'signed for as damaged' apparently this 24 hours does include weekends as a customer had a parcel delivered that was soaked through (I work for a print company, so that's ruined) at 6pm on a Friday evening, apparently telling TNT at 9am Monday morning is too late.
I just kept pestering until they gave in.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:00 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not signing to say everything you orders is in box and all undamaged.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:13 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonko The Sane wrote:
actually, yes [you are signing to say it's arrived in good condition]

Neat, then I'll be sure to take a picture of the next squiggle pad and we can discuss anything that might be visible to the human eye.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 169 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2