weinstein to kill himself before the years out, what are your odds

I give 10/1

half of holywood claims he's tried to have them on his casting couch
his young fit wife has left him
now the uk and us 5/0 want a piece of him

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea who he's but I feel violated and need compo.

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 02:04 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is/was the biggest independent producer from Hollywood, someone you suck (literally) to get the roles every actor/actress want as he has a deft hand for getting his films nominated for loads of Oscars.

Sure thing, now is a sexual predator and none of those involved were trying to kickstart their careers and get roles in the films he produced.

Pulp fiction, Shakespeare in Love, The English patient, Good Will hunting are just a few of the films he produced.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:18 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an article........

Another anonymous actor claimed Weinstein had raped her. He changed into a bathrobe and “forced himself on me sexually”, the New Yorker reported. She felt “horror, disbelief and shame” and considered going to the police, but then thought about how much she could lose and decided “just to move forward”. She continued to have a professional relationship with him after the alleged rape.

I really have trouble with this statement.

Not being a woman I can only go on what women say about rape and how bad and humiliating it is.

Then you read that statement above. Is it that filmstars are just so hard nosed about their careers that they can be raped and then work with the rapist?

I have no doubt there is no smoke without fire and he was certainly a scumbag but to get away with what he is accused of?

Another statement from that article...

Gwyneth Paltrow was 22 and had been hired for the lead in the Jane Austen adaptation Emma. She told the New York Times she had been summoned to Weinstein’s hotel suite, where he suggested she give him a massage. She said she refused and felt petrified. She confided in her then boyfriend Brad Pitt, who confronted Weinstein. Soon after, the producer warned her not to tell anyone else.

I would think Brad Pitt had enough clout to do more than just 'confront him'.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:11 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
No idea who he's but I feel violated and need compo.

Have you been cast as the female lead in any major motion pictures?

No? Then clearly he's punishing you for rejecting his advances.

Here's all that I know about it:

Paltrow publically thanked him in her Oscar monologue even after he tried it on. That makes her actively complicit in pimping out other young-and-dumb-and-covered-in... massage oil... bimbettes to him.

Tina Fey wrote an unambiguous, explicit "joke" about him demanding ficki ficki and everyone just laughed it off.

But now they're all astonished - astonished, I tell you - to hear that he really was a sweaty serial struggle cuddler.

Oh, the sisterhood are rallying round now that he's not had a hit for a while, but where were they when he was still a Somebody?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:16 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelina Jolie's comments were quite telling, too. She said he tried it on with her and she 'warned others off working with him'. Oh well, done her bit then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:26 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% lad. Cool There's been a casting couch since there's been a Hollywood. This bloke just happened to get
caught doing it in this day and age and with the 'values' that go with it. In short, this time he's the one being fucked.
They won't leave him be until he's hung himself.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:53 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has only been exposed (snigger) now because it suits someone's business or political agenda, probably his brother. Also, politically he's a leftie (by US standards) a fierce critic of the NRA and advocate for gun control.

So it begs to be asked that while his creepy bullying antics are distasteful to say the least, many women and men have been complicit for many years, why now?

It's got nothing to do with wimmin's issues or justice, it's about destroying him, now.

Mind you, it's a colourful distraction from bleeding Brexit innit.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:58 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that everybody knows what "casting couch" means, just goes to show this is not a new thing. Just that everybody is more "sensitive" about it than previously.

People have slept their way to the top in all industries for ever - and therefore people have taken advantage of that by suggesting someone might like to improve their career prospects.

The arse end of Generation X and ALL thumb-sucking Millennials need to toughen up, quit with the hand-wringing and stop trying to make the world perfect, innocent and honest.

It ain't.
It never will be.

I'm having a cynical day.

Polar Bear: I suspect that rape is no more (or less) bad/humiliating/distressing for women than it is for men. Just that women shout louder about it than men do...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:47 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I have no problem with a man acting like a man. It doesn't sound like he was actually going in with chloroform and duct tape: any of the frippets could have walked away at any time, or kneed him in the sprunjer. He only had the power that they gave him in return for advancing their own self interest.

I'm more lulzing about the torrent of weapons grade hypocrisy gushing from the emboldened glitterati who clearly all knew about it but kept quiet because of, well, their own self interest.

Now that he's down, they're queuing up to put the stiletto into him.

arry wrote:
Angelina Jolie's comments were quite telling, too. She said he tried it on with her and she 'warned others off working with him'. Oh well, done her bit then?

Warned the important people, privately. Random waitress-slash-actresses on the make had to take their chances, and make their choices.

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Carr wrote:
If men always sleep after they cum.. why is so hard to catch a rapist?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:08 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giggles. Weinstein actually had it written into his contract with his company that he could just buy off any accusers and keep on trucking.

So it looks like he can go ahead and sue his own board for sacking him. Clapping

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
going in with chloroform and duct tape

Fancy your chances at being kidnapped and interfered with, do you, young Borg? Shall we see what we can arrange for you?
Cool

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:55 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
going in with chloroform and duct tape

Fancy your chances at being kidnapped and interfered with, do you, young Borg? Shall we see what we can arrange for you?
Cool

"No", "no", please "don't".

Praying

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no knowledge of Weinstein but... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-41600181/emma-thompson-harvey-weinstein-top-of-harassment-ladder Eh?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:46 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Too hypocritical, didn't watch, but I'm guessing:

Yes, it's institutional, most of them are at it.

Who?

The whole institution.

Name one.

Institution. Also something about Trump.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:

Too hypocritical, didn't watch, but I'm guessing:

Yes, it's institutional, most of them are at it.

Who?

The whole institution.

Name one.

Institution. Also something about Trump.

Hadn't we also better bring in Hitler at this point?

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 18:27 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this is just a catalyst to some of the Hollywood elite getting crucified over the next 6 months.

Feels like there's a good few more of these "Weinstein's" to come...

This guy is so fucked, whether he is innocent or guilty, he has some of the biggest names in the world making allegations against him. If it was the average joe, he'd pay them all off but these are a different calibre, super rich and super famous people... he's fucked.

I honestly think he will end up topping himself

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

I honestly think he will end up topping himself

His level of arrogance and ego will probably save him.

grr666 wrote:
100% lad. Cool There's been a casting couch since there's been a Hollywood.
This bloke just happened to get
caught doing it in this day and age and with the 'values' that go with it. In short, this time he's the one being fucked.
They won't leave him be until he's hung himself.

He is 100% a prick. No one should have to go through this for a job.
It was wrong in the 50's and its wrong now.
By 'values' today do you mean being able to get a job without having to suck some old fat dudes cock?

If only 50% of what has come out is true, then he's scum that deserves everything he gets!

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:24 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not work like that, sure many people wish it was as simple as, I suck your cock, I get the job, or you suck my cock, you get the job.

In reality the film industry does not do job interviews. You get castings where the main actresses/actors has been decided beforehand. It is about networking, about social interaction. Going to the right parties and knowing the right people. And flirting is a valid weapon to get advancement in any job.

I am sceptical of any claim regarding "he invited me into his room and then he made sexual advancements on me". Equivalent to the "this is my place, let's drink some coffee".

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a really good example of Hollywood hippocracy, look no further than this clip from the 2003 Oscars, for Best Director. The recipient wasn't actually present to receive it, because it was Roman Polanski, who after having been convicted of drugging and sodomizing a 13-year-old, had buggered off out of the country to avoid a spell in chokey, and will be arrested if he ever sets foot on US soil again.

But never mind that little detail - just watch the standing ovation he gets from the Hollywood glitterati. And who's that up on her feet clapping away happily at 1'12? Only Meryl fucking Streep, that's who. Unbelievable.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:10 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Polar Bear: I suspect that rape is no more (or less) bad/humiliating/distressing for women than it is for men. Just that women shout louder about it than men do...

Do you mean e.g. a hetero male being forcefully anally penetrated by another male/males? Or do you mean a woman forcing a hetero male to penetrate her? And can the latter even necessarily happen in the same way that a man can penetrate a woman against her will?

Speaking personally I think the latter would generally be less bad/humiliating/distressing - assuming it can even happen. If the former, I don't want to say it'd be worse than in the case of a woman getting raped by a man (assuming both were hetero), but it does seem to be incommensurate somehow. It's almost like there's an additional transgression or assault involved, or something.

I seem to remember my mrs - who worked in rape counselling - saying that if a woman is raped anally then in the eyes of the law it's not even classifiable as rape, because that has to happen vaginally. Rape in the eyes of the law is or was a man sticking his dick in a woman's vagina against her will. The former is merely sexual assault - which seems all kinds of wrong. I dare say it's different in different parts of the world, and that it's obviously differed historically in the same place. Also, I'm not sure there is - legally at least - such a thing as male rape. This may have changed, not sure.

Anyway, whatever the legal definitions may be, it does seem to suggest that beneath it all are some tricky issues that make it difficult to place such acts all under the same heading, and to regard them as commensurate. Even if they should be (?).

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:28 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

Feels like there's a good few more of these "Weinstein's" to come...

Ben Affleck is quite likely going to head that list...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:00 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
No one should have to go through this for a job.

They don't. Paltrow says she rejected ficki-ficki and but still got cast repeatedly in his films. Therefore the Oscar speech which I linked to above.

Sure, he likes a little sweaty-squeezy on the side, but he likes (((money))) more and will demonstrably allow the casting of whomever makes him the most.

Sorry, we were having a witch hunt, please continue.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 166 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3