Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suspension tuning help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

monkeyman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:37 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Suspension tuning help Reply with quote

I have K1 GSXR750 that I use for track use. I want to get the suspension sorted. However the costs of that professional service compared to the cost of the bike make it non viable for me

I want to increase the spring rate in the forks to cope with my extra bulk however I know that I will have to reshim the valves. Which is obviously where the skill comes in

Does anyone know of any rules of thumb for reshimming, is suspect it's just a matter of adding shims to the face of the stacks to scale the damping stack

Anyone got any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:35 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the service manual to your bike, there you will find the factory setup (that's for a lad of about 80kg) and go from there. Thumbs Up

I did this to various motorcycles over the years. Sometimes when people work on their suspension, they don't put the settings back and the bike then fells like crap. It's very easy to do so, the manual will tell you how many clicks, rotations... etc. to achive the factory setting (which is near perfrect for the open road, imho).

After you achieve the factory settings, try adding preload, that'll make the bike stiffer.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 193 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1