BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Did a buy!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:18 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK may not have got them for a year later - some also removed them to save complexity and weight (you save the weight of the starter and a a battery, so a good bit).

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:37 - 01 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool cheers, its quite a drive from me and means hiring a van - I hope its a good one!

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:54 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the 300 sold before I could arrange to buy it, so I've rightly or wrongly plumped for a 2007 exc 250. 209 hours on it and a piston about 40 hours ago.

Getting it next weekend Smile not expecting it to be a minter, but I've seen worse so fingers crossed!

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:33 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the 250 mentioned above turned out to be a pile of shit. Advertised as good condition; in reality it had the following issues:

1. Front brake didnt work. At all.
2. Back light didnt work.
3. Cold start ok. Hot start ok. Warm start - nope.
4. Knocking/pinging from the engine at certain revs.
5. Didnt want to rev through, felt slow as hell, no power band/increase in pace as the revs picked up
6. Cracked front light which had been bodged with silicone.

Possibly easy fixes for some, but I havent the time or patience to buy a bike that has issues. I should have clicked something wasnt quite right when he offered to deliver it for me, for free, from an hour away.

So after a month of searching, last weekend I finally happened upon a local EXC-F 250. Spoke to the owner who seemed like a good lad, and went to view it. Very tidy bike, fired it up, all great! Until it pissed oil out the bottom. The bloke was genuinely distraught, and later sent me a message apologising and saying how embarrassed he was. Turned out the sump plug had cracked, so this was replaced with a genuine KTM one, and he did a full service while he was on, which he sent me photos of.

Following weekend (Saturday) I went to view a 300 exc 2t, again advertised as great. Got there and the front wheel bearings were shot, leaking brake master cylinder, iffy clutch. Possibly small issues but I kept thinking about the little 250 still for sale, so went to view it again. Struck a deal and brought it home Smile

https://i.imgur.com/u5zNQHl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2fjKydl.jpg

Cant wait to get out and about Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Bash guard is on the shopping list I think!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 165 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2