BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BSB

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Binitman
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:50 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: BSB Reply with quote

Anybody else feel the showdown is BS. If you told the Premier League champions well done you've finished top now you have to start again, play six more matches and if are still top you are the champion I think I know where they'd tell you where to go.
Also why has the final round at Brands Hatch got three races? Doesn't that give the riders who ride well there an unfair advantage?
Why not change the tracks in the showdown each year and only have two races per round.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't need to gild the lily.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but poor Leon, tears in his eyes, congratulating Shaky, before going to get his leg fixed.

It nearly (but not quite) brought a tear to my grizzled old eye The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the showdown is bollox, and I don't understand why they do it, but BSB has some of the closest and most exciting racing to watch. Down to the wire in the last race for the championship makes it worthwhile despite the way the last few races are run.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:09 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
Yes the showdown is bollox, and I don't understand why they do it, but BSB has some of the closest and most exciting racing to watch. Down to the wire in the last race for the championship makes it worthwhile despite the way the last few races are run.

? That's kinda the point... otherwise someone could win a few races before and just cruise, losing the 'down to the wire in the last race'.

In the last race weekend of the one full season I was club racing I did relatively very well - a lot better placing than some who were normally right at the front. They'd already got their championship position and were just 'going through the motions', saving the bike to be sold straight after.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

? That's kinda the point... otherwise someone could win a few races before and just cruise, losing the 'down to the wire in the last race'.

Or, alternatively, you can win more rounds than your nearest opponent and have a nasty mechanical breakdown / accident following a freak incident which means the entire season has been for nothing because your rival is now on to win regardless.

It's one of the reasons I have given up entirely on going to / watching BTCC. What with success ballast, reverse grids, fastest lap and leading a lap bonus points and other such sensationalist ballbags.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:11 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh; I personally don't like the concept on the basis of 'sporting'; but the situation you describe is exactly what keeps a lot of people watching and paying up for tickets.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with BSB is that the showdown format leads to accusations of people like Ellison and Iddon, who are running at the front, getting in the way of the guys fighting it out for the title.

It's a joke, there are just short of 30 bikes in a BSB race, each and every one should have the opportunity to win without feeling like they are screwing over the big boys title chances. The showdown effectively elevates 6 riders above the others and leaves the rest, still fighting it out for the riders cup, in an odd situation.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many top sports have hobbled the vehicles, the players, the animals to make each race artificially as close as possible.

I understand riders frustrations with the format, but the showdown works from a punter point of view.

Must admit, am surprised that people get excited when non-showdown riders (such as Ellison) "interfere" with the championship when they are simply racing. Seems ridiculous to moan about the riders racing. But some do.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1