Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
A mate has one of this in order.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Not a wise choice imo. He'd have to really like it for that cash.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:44 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Tracer1234 wrote:

I agree, that is one of the ugliest Omegas I have seen.

TBH I would very rarely wear a very expensive watch out anyway. I have mid range quartz or a couple of top end copies that you would struggle to tell were fake unless you had a close look.

My best watches stay in the house, daft really.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Tracer1234 wrote:

Yeah, i did tell him that i wasent a fan, and he said its mainly investment, at which point i glazed over.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:22 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer The Bastard wrote:

Not overly keen on Fudge either.

Strange, you do seem to come across as a dedicated packer.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:

Yeah, i did tell him that i wasent a fan, and he said its mainly investment, at which point i glazed over.

An Omega is an investment, for your great grandchildren.

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:39 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, as an investment I will have chosen a more classic design of the Seamaster. Limited edition and all is very well, but they already priced that in.

Personally, I love the Seamaster with the orange bezel.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
Despite the fact he is horrifically arrogant and won't let us see that he's actually a decent guy, I like him.

It's all a front, IRL he's apparently a decent chap, just has the abrasive quality of sandpaper with a keyboard in front of him Laughing

However, ended up buying a guitar to usb input thingy again so I can play and actually model a few amps.

Lol, I think that is clear. No-one goes around the real world saying the things he does and survives very long. Just one of the bcf characters that gives the place its, um, charm.

I've heard him described as quiet, don't remember decent Thinking People can have very different online personas, I don't know if it's their true self or just some sort of weird outlet for them.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did buy a gtx 1060 strix gamer edition...and a wanhao Duplicator i3 plus 3d printer......amazingly both worked out of the box!!! Very Happy

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

My best watches stay in the house, daft really.

Mine don't unfortunately; it's why I'm staring at a big bill for a new strap for my daily wearer Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

60 AA Duracell 'Industrial' batteries for 20 squids from Amazon.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:15 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifa 17 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for the XBox One
£20 for the pair.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Facet fuel pump for my boat.....

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7ouSOAZnI9vw1P0Fx-HiDvWo9TYUOnXxyFzm-4yxbYNkDOUsA

And the moral of 'Buy cheap, buy twice' is so well illustrated Evil or Very Mad

This
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FCBB-Universal-Pressure-Gasoline-Electronic/dp/B0189963G8/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1508243354&sr=8-48&keywords=fuel+pump
lasted just about a year, which in real running terms means probably a week actual running time. So do not buy!

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend I did buy:

https://i.imgur.com/C2iVFjpm.jpg

Bruce the black headed caique. He's very gentle, in three days he's gone from hiding in a corner, to taking seeds near my hand, from the bowl in my hand, from seeds in my hand, from my fingers and now stepping up to take a seed.

We called him Bruce because he's got a black mask on like Batman.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All parrots should learn the phrase 'Show us your knickers'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitter sweet one today, completed on the Stoke on Trent property today, one more in the bag. Thumbs Up Very Happy

But my bank account is 100k shy as a result and looking a little thin. It's quite a shock to see such a large
lump just gone like that and I'm not done spending yet either. Crying or Very sad

Renovation starts on 6th Nov, I have hired a multi trade assistant to shack up in there with me as I have to get it
done in a week. Am off up there on Saturday to collect keys and go in to compile a renovation shopping list. Deffo
want new blinds and carpets throughout, painting from top to bottom and a new bathtub plus whatever I can find
that needs doing. Oh, and a change of locks obviously. If you're reading this Smiler, I'll be in touch about taking
you out for a munch one of the evenings of that week. Should generate 5-600 pcm which isn't too bad.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:42 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A Facet fuel pump for my boat.....

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7ouSOAZnI9vw1P0Fx-HiDvWo9TYUOnXxyFzm-4yxbYNkDOUsA

And the moral of 'Buy cheap, buy twice' is so well illustrated Evil or Very Mad

This
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FCBB-Universal-Pressure-Gasoline-Electronic/dp/B0189963G8/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1508243354&sr=8-48&keywords=fuel+pump
lasted just about a year, which in real running terms means probably a week actual running time. So do not buy!

I stuck a cheap chinese copy into my FZ when the original yamaha one fucked itself. It lasted 15 miles each way for about a year and a half 5 days a week.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Bitter sweet one today, completed on the Stoke on Trent property today, one more in the bag. Thumbs Up Very Happy

But my bank account is 100k shy as a result and looking a little thin. It's quite a shock to see such a large
lump just gone like that and I'm not done spending yet either. Crying or Very sad

Renovation starts on 6th Nov, I have hired a multi trade assistant to shack up in there with me as I have to get it
done in a week. Am off up there on Saturday to collect keys and go in to compile a renovation shopping list. Deffo
want new blinds and carpets throughout, painting from top to bottom and a new bathtub plus whatever I can find
that needs doing. Oh, and a change of locks obviously. If you're reading this Smiler, I'll be in touch about taking
you out for a munch one of the evenings of that week. Should generate 5-600 pcm which isn't too bad.

If you like dreggy areas, you can pick cheap housing up in Liverpool.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an entirely experimental purchase, testing the water so to speak. If it's aggravation I'll sell and pull my money
back out again. If it's not, I'll look to buy a couple more next year after the extension and outbuilding are completed
at my place. That's the property game. Ups and downs. <shrug.jpg>

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like experimental purchases, you can pick up 5 houses in Burnley for what you've paid for that in Stoke. Laughing

Or 2 5 bedroomed pre-fabs in (New) Skelmersdale.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:41 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see how it pans out in Stoke. It passes the 'would I live there' test and that's been a pretty effective yardstick so far.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
We'll see how it pans out in Stoke. It passes the 'would I live there' test and that's been a pretty effective yardstick so far.

Don't bother then. Laughing

I wouldn't live in Skem or Burnley. Laughing Laughing

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:38 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
This weekend I did buy:

Bruce the black headed caique. He's very gentle, in three days he's gone from hiding in a corner, to taking seeds near my hand, from the bowl in my hand, from seeds in my hand, from my fingers and now stepping up to take a seed.

Yes. Pet birds are the best.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

N/S CV boot plus fitting for the van. Tyre fitter noticed it and the grease all up inside my wheel last week when I had the
Contis put on. £50 supply and fit. Thumbs Up Happy with that, off to Stoke tomorrow to pick up the keys to the new place
and didn't want to do the 300 odd mile round trip run with that being damaged.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:57 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

The Man from Dagenham, he say Yes.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
DrSnoosnoo wrote:
This weekend I did buy:

Yes. Pet birds are the best.

I would love a parrot.

When I worked on a station tanker in Zaire there was an African Grey who was the most wonderful parrot I have ever met. His vocabulary was vile, he was a misogynist, he could swear better than any person I have ever met but he loved people. Never bit anyone, told women to get back to the sink Laughing

I would have a parrot tomorrow now I'm retired but I'm 60 and parrots live the same length as time as humans so it isn't fair.

On the boat with a parrot and a dog Thumbs Up !!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 192 of 461