Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Universal Credit Call Chargers - 55p a minute

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

So I don't blame the schools, I blame the parents. Specifically, lazy, thick and/or absentee parents who pump out kids and then eschew any responsibility for raising them to read and write, or 2 nowe write from rong..

Both have blame though

Google prussian schooling model.

The system is designed to turn out a load of dopes who will do what they are told when they are told, some failures and a managerial upper class who perpetuate the system.

OTOH consider East Asia. Nobody trusts the state education systems there. Therefore after school school and after school school schools are incredibly common.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Oh, I see. So the help line is for lifelong dole scum to phone up and admit they're being over paid in benefits...

Makes perfect sense now. My faith in humanity is restored.

No genius, it's for everything, including people working more hours, having working partners move in with them etc. It pays to have an easily contactable service, which's pretty much the opposite of how it actually works.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Oh, I see. So the help line is for lifelong dole scum to phone up and admit they're being over paid in benefits...

Makes perfect sense now. My faith in humanity is restored.

No genius, it's for everything, including people working more hours, having working partners move in with them etc. It pays to have an easily contactable service, which's pretty much the opposite of how it actually works.

Not to mention the implementation being a fucking shambles.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
It pays to have an easily contactable service, which's pretty much the opposite of how it actually works.

Let's just wind it back a bit. Are you telling me there's a high number of people that can't contact an 0345 number without being charged an arm and a leg?

What do you think the number of people in the country that have a contract such as that might be?

Honestly, it's a non story of the highest order.

Implantation yeah sure feel free to knock it, I won't argue. But the headlines on this are BS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Let's just wind it back a bit. Are you telling me there's a high number of people that can't contact an 0345 number without being charged an arm and a leg?

The thing is it's not just the universal credit telephone line though, it is similar across many government services.

You try calling HMRC. I was on hold for 20 minutes each time and it simply hangs you up. I had to call 4 times before I gave up. Oh sure it's 11p a minute but do you think I like paying £2.50 or so each time to call them on account of THEIR mistake?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already been there Itchy - called them last week. They were pretty helpful, actually, and I wasn't longer than 20 mins on the call.

It was free from either of the phones I had with me.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Already been there Itchy - called them last week. They were pretty helpful, actually, and I wasn't longer than 20 mins on the call.

It was free from either of the phones I had with me.

But not PayG phones.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

See post 1.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:31 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
M.C wrote:
It pays to have an easily contactable service, which's pretty much the opposite of how it actually works.

What do you think the number of people in the country that have a contract such as that might be?

Honestly, it's a non story of the highest order.

Implantation yeah sure feel free to knock it, I won't argue. But the headlines on this are BS.

Anyone without minutes. Just checked my out of minutes charge... 35p p/m. They also like doing the hanging up thing, even when you've been on hold for over an hour.

Lots of people have a mobile they don't use enough to justify having a calls package. £20 credit wouldn't even get you through to someone...

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
See post 1.

Voda PayG are 30p/min.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:37 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked PAYG sim only deals with Vodafone.

You could pay £13.50 for a sim including a thousand minutes (that's over ten hours on the phone a month by the way, should be more than enough if you're a productive human being) or 16 quid for completely unlimited minutes.

So, back to post 1.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:47 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, that deal isn't available to people who live Oop North or in scuzzy estates. It's only for toffs. INTERNETS FACT.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
No, no, that deal isn't available to people who live Oop North or in scuzzy estates. It's only for toffs. INTERNETS FACT.

Is that a month?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Just checked PAYG sim only deals with Vodafone.

You could pay £13.50 for a sim including a thousand minutes (that's over ten hours on the phone a month by the way, should be more than enough if you're a productive human being) or 16 quid for completely unlimited minutes.

So, back to post 1.

Again, not everyone uses their phone enough to justify a calls package, and I very much doubt someone would think ooh this call might cost me a tenner, I won't make it and instead order a new SIM card.

My dad leaves his phone in the car and has to turn it on once every 3 months (or however long) to make sure it isn't disconnected.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:08 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to order an extra sim card.

If you don't have squillions of free minutes then all you've got to do is go on the vodafone website and buy an extra bundle of free minutes.

Which is exactly the same as when you make any call.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans/big-value-bundles/index.htm

£5 package might not get you through/problem sorted. £10 package probably would, but then it'll cost the same as from a landline.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:05 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
[I've found a bad deal, therefore good deals don't exist]

They do exist, you're just too Disadvantaged to be allowed to know about them.

You didn't hear that from me, right. Shhh!

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Standard UK landline numbers starting 01, 02 or 03
Calls
30p a minute*
*If your bundle has inclusive minutes, they will be deducted from your allowance before you’re charged this price. If you’ve opted in to a Big Value Bundle and this runs out, calls will cost 35p per minute.

IF you have a bundle.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:13 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Vodafone PAYG sims have bundled free minutes. Wink

https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk/?payg

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
All new Vodafone PAYG sims have bundled free minutes. Wink

https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk/?payg

FTFY because my father in law is still on the same tariff he was on 11 years ago Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
[I've found a bad deal, therefore good deals don't exist]

They do exist, you're just too Disadvantaged to be allowed to know about them.

You didn't hear that from me, right. Shhh!

Before smart phones I think I topped up £10 once every 3 months, and that was to keep the text and data bundle rolling, before then it was like every 6 months. Plenty of people exist who don't live on their phone.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:19 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Plenty of people exist who don't live on their phone.

And plenty of people would rather baww about not being able to afford things rather than flopping off the sofa, waddling down to the shopping centre, and sniffing out a deal that makes it affordable. While buying a pack of 20 fags and a bottle of vodka.

I acknowledge the fact, but I can't summon up any fucks to give about their plight.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4