Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mk1 bandit 600 rough running

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ziggy81scott
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:26 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Mk1 bandit 600 rough running Reply with quote

Hi.
Ok so I’ve not long had this bandit and I’ll be honest I’m not that experienced as a rider and explaining the problems isn’t easy so excuse me.
firstly I’m having trouble riding the bike while on choke, I find the revs don’t stay very steady and when I try to pull away the revs die, even with plenty of revs on. I’m tending to get the bike well warmed up before trying to ride it so to avoid this problem.

Secondly. When warmed up I’m still getting the hesitation when pulling out of junctions etc or rolling on and off the throttle.

Thirdly. (Should of been first) the starter button seems slow to respond. Ie. I press it then after a second or two the engine turns, but it seems slightly slow in turning. Haven’t checked the battery but I think it’s ok.

Thanks in advance and sorry I’m a bit vague I just woke up been bugging me all night Confused

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starter switch could be dirty - if you can, take it off and clean it up. If that doesn't help, it's probably not getting a good connection so check the leads and terminals.

The running issue would probably need more explanation - when was it last serviced, does it have standard air box and filters, what are your plugs like, and how old?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas when the last time the carbs were removed an cleaned?

Bandits are quite simple beasts.

Loosen clamps on inlets (rubber bits where the carb connects to engine)

loosen clamps on airbox, an remove screws from the side of the inbox so it can push back a few cm

remove throttle cables from throttle end (on bars) i find it a pain in the arse removing them from the carbs in situ

Push down on the carbs an they should pop out (dont forget to remove choke cable)

now clean em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ-H9pDwTPY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ziggy81scott
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:26 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I’ll check those things out and clean the carbs as you say. Not sure when it last was serviced so I’ll look into doing that ASAP.
It has a standard air box / carbs.

Thanks for advice I’ll let you know how things go Thumbs Up

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete's guide is awesome to follow on how to clean em

https://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=69488.0

Even if this doesnt resolve your issue, its not going to hurt (an Bandit carbs get manky)

It would be worth getting a cheap voltmeter to test your battery too

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/d190/Electrical+Test+Equipment/sd3348/Digital+Multi+Meter/p11867
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1