Type it then.

One four one, nine nine nine.

Tried that also - they still spot it.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:33 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this off ebay today Shocked

Hello limatula,

We’re writing to let you know that activity on your account may not be following an important eBay policy that requires all transactions and payments to be completed through eBay. The same policy specifies that eBay member-to-member messages may not be used to share contact information.

For example(s), review your member messages regarding the following:

BUYER: If you want to send me your numbers and address and pull the advert I will contact you to make arrangements

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Hello limatula,

We’re writing to let you know that activity on your account may not be following an important eBay policy that requires all transactions and payments to be completed through eBay. The same policy specifies that eBay member-to-member messages may not be used to share contact information.

BUYER: If you want to send me your numbers and address and pull the advert I will contact you to make arrangements

Lol. That is all.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Hello limatula,

They'll be round to cart you away shortly.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tut Tut

I'm distraught, so is the seller, he got one as well. He suggested we send ebay pictures of us both sitting on the naughty step Laughing

Wankers.

I now wonder if this applies to vehicles? Are they expecting you to pay via paypal before seeing the vehicle?

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Hello limatula,

can you reply asking how they suggest buyers and sellers arrange viewing of large and bulky goods or inspecting mechanical items prior to bidding & buying?

just intrigued as to the answer

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a similar pantomime buying a second hand sofa for the dog to sleep on. Too big for my van so the seller
delivered it, how was he supposed to facilitate that without any digits and deets? Paid him cash on delivery. Middle Finger Mad Middle Finger paypal.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
If you want to send me your numbers and address and pull the advert I will contact you to make arrangements

Well there's why ebay's kicked off... an invitation to 'pull the advert' is an obvious solicitation to circumvent ebay selling fees

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
If you want to send me your numbers and address and pull the advert I will contact you to make arrangements

Well there's why ebay's kicked off... an invitation to 'pull the advert' is an obvious solicitation to circumvent ebay selling fees

OK I would accept that because I was Laughing , but why did they let that through yet block the phone numbers instead. I doubt they even knew about it until the phone numbers triggered their snoopers.

Anyway, it still begs the question, as I had to go 60 miles each way to fetch it, I would like to see it working before I part with my money rather than pay, get there, find it doesn't work and then have to go through claiming it back.

Does this apply to vehicle, boats, caravans etc?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay and paypal don't care about that, they've had their % and that's all that they are interested in.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to further my education on rip off ebay, on the payment choices there was only paypal and credit/debit card. Do paypal take a chunk if you pay by card?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not from the buyer.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay sold PayPal AFAIK. I wonder if they get some sort of commission otherwise why would they care?

I think it's just a change of ethos in the site, they filled it with advertising a while back, and the website seems a bit hacked together when you go into certain sections, and end up on pages from 10+ years ago.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:02 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Not from the buyer.

Oh I know it's never from the buyer. They are quite devious in their machinations.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Tut Tut

I'm distraught, so is the seller, he got one as well. He suggested we send ebay pictures of us both sitting on the naughty step Laughing

Wankers.

I now wonder if this applies to vehicles? Are they expecting you to pay via paypal before seeing the vehicle?

It doesn't apply to vehicles as far as it didn't this weekend just gone. I bought a cheap Micra off ebay and we exchanged details through the messaging and I paid cash the day after I won the auction.

They certainly didn't edit any numbers.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
I bought a cheap Micra off ebay and we exchanged details through the messaging and I paid cash the day after I won the auction.

Because eBay has no problem with exchanging contact details after the sale has been agreed (ie, auction won or 'buy-it-now') because at that point their selling fees are in the bag.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:01 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think ebay has known about the above two tricks for a while.

You could maybe try fo-net-icks, but probably just confuse the other party!

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 24 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
It doesn't apply to vehicles as far as it didn't this weekend just gone. I bought a cheap Micra off ebay and we exchanged details through the messaging and I paid cash the day after I won the auction.

You were lucky then. I've just had a right pantomime trying to exchange numbers with a guy so I can view a bike that's currently on auction. It's a joke, not everyone wants to buy blind and why wouldn't I go and view something that's just down the road from me?

Edit - wonder if yours was OK because you had already won the auction?

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 25 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
Nexus Icon wrote:

You were lucky then. I've just had a right pantomime trying to exchange numbers with a guy so I can view a bike that's currently on auction. It's a joke, not everyone wants to buy blind and why wouldn't I go and view something that's just down the road from me?

Edit - wonder if yours was OK because you had already won the auction?

That seems to be the way. Weirdly, my ebay app keeps prompting me to pay for the car, despite the seller having stated that the sale was completed, yet says I can't pay via the app when I click the prompt. Bloody idiots.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 29 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Just to further my education on rip off ebay, on the payment choices there was only paypal and credit/debit card. Do paypal take a chunk if you pay by card?

Seller incurs normal Paypal fees.

On the exchanging details bits. They're implementing a "Contact seller" button in the messaging system that will automatically call to the seller from what I have heard.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:59 - 29 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Seller incurs normal Paypal fees.

On the exchanging details bits. They're implementing a "Contact seller" button in the messaging system that will automatically call to the seller from what I have heard.

Why would they do that when they are obviously trying to block any contact with the seller? They might as well allow phone numbers to be sent. Unless they are going to monitor your calls Laughing

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:02 - 29 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Why would they do that when they are obviously trying to block any contact with the seller? They might as well allow phone numbers to be sent. Unless they are going to monitor your calls Laughing

I have no idea. I think this might be post sale only though. No idea how they're going to police it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2