Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

German traffic ticket troubles...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nope.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: German traffic ticket troubles... Reply with quote

After a bit of advice...

In April I was merrily winding my way in-between traffic on an Autobahn somewhere remotely near Stuttgart. I was pulled by a cop who drove up the hard shoulder and fined €100 for filtering, fair enough it's illegal in Germany and I got caught. Annoying, but I paid the fine and continued sitting in traffic for a couple of hours making me late for dinner.

About a month later I received in the post a letter demanding another €30 from me from the court local to wherever I was fined because the fine was actually €130 not €100. Well, I was happy to pay the fine but I'll be damned if I could work out how to! The letter was entirely in German (a friend kindly translated it for me), and did not clearly state a way to pay. I phoned the embassy but they were less than helpful. Despite the courts somewhat odd opening hours, I phoned them and they told me I needed to transfer the money by IBAN using the details on the bottom of the letter. Except the details don't seem to make sense nor marry up to any IBAN fields I can clearly see, and even if they did I'm not sure what the reference number is that I'm supposed to enter.

In the end, I forgot all about it. It wasn't until today when I lifted the matt outside my front door and found another letter from them dated June that I remembered. Problem is I still can't work out how to pay it!

My main concern here is that should I return to Germany (which I will be next year) and get pulled over again that they will put 2+2 together and either ask me to pay it at the roadside (no problem) OR I'll be hauled off to a police station for some indeterminate length of time. Does anybody know what would happen in this situation? Or perhaps, can anybody tell me how to pay the damn thing and whether they'll accept it paid this late with no repercussions?

Why they fined me €100 at the roadside and then €30 by post (and sent correspondence to a British address written entirely in German...) continues to elude me.

Cheers!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:20 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write this to them.

Dear luftwaffen SS,
Ja vol ich nein sparken duetze ich libadich mein commandant.

Heel Hitler,

Signed (Your pseudonym)

They'll get the message.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: German traffic ticket troubles... Reply with quote

Nope. wrote:
Except the details don't seem to make sense nor marry up to any IBAN fields I can clearly see, and even if they did I'm not sure what the reference number is that I'm supposed to enter.

Have you tried calling your bank to make the payment? Not all IBAN's have the same format.
As to Ref. Reg no or name/address should cover it.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:42 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I ignore, yes I would.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:13 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Theresa to tack it on the Brexit bill. I mean, we've given away everything else.

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to Germany, don't filter, don't ride like a belm / don't get caught. Win. Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:59 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the google translate app for you phone and point the camera at the letter.

No real help I know, but I had this unquenchable desire to post it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator.
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:06 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have German colleagues who could translate it for you (I live in NL). If this helps, PM me a photo of it and I'll speak to them on Monday.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My random guess is Below 100 + 30 euro Question
·Mangelnder Seitenabstand beim Überholen mit Behinderung des Verkehrs oder bei unklarer Verkehrslage : 100/1 (euro/point)
(Overtake with lack of side distance/Obstruction of traffic/unclear traffic situation)
·Auf der rechten Spur Überhole(Außerorts): 100/1 (euro/point)
(Overtake from right hand lane(Out of town))
·Mangelnder Seitenabstand beim Überholen: 30/0 (euro/point)
(Overtake with too little side clearance

Original
https://anwaltauskunft.de/magazin/mobilitaet/verkehr/932/im-stau-ueberholen-mit-dem-motorrad-erlaubt/

https://www.howtogermany.com/files/bussgeldkatalog-2017.pdf
(Above 100&30 euros were in the bottom of page20)

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zee Germans should follow the British approach and let foreign drivers get away with whatever Folded arms

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Would I ignore, yes I would.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:20 - 28 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are SEPA direct debits, popular in Europe and not possible from a European account.
They will ask you for a 20ish digit number which oints to your account, and then they can take what they like.
A baffling system I know.
I have just started studying in Stuttgart, and have to beg to send money manually from my current EUR account that doesnot allow this type of fidgey widgey.

Germany - surprisingly inefficient at most things.

Thanks for the news that filtering is illegal. Evil or Very Mad

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

the chief constable wants to speak to you, please reply

Hallo Kartoffel-Kopf, lecken meinen Hintern für 30 Euro 's? Comeback zu meinem Platz und wir spielen verstecken die Wurst, Sie zuerst?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1