Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TfL finally to address London bikey carnage!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:56 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: TfL finally to address London bikey carnage! Reply with quote

Can we fix it? Yes we Khan!

Not by changing the roads, or junctions where bikers are getting deaded, oh no. No, not that. You're not cyclists.

We can fix it by offering a couple of hours of training to Larry L-Plates to keep him alive.

I wonder if either course covers how to deal with a bike-jacking? Thinking

Anyway, I shall award One Internets to anyone who manages to successfully find, book and complete either of the two real-world courses.

Oh, same problem as pointed out by coppers running the BikeSafe course that I did: the people most likely to do these courses are the people who least need to do these courses.

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd heard on the radio talk of specific bike stingers being used to stop moped attacks etc.. Shall try and find sauce.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:40 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
I'd heard on the radio talk of specific bike stingers being used to stop moped attacks etc.. Shall try and find sauce.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/scotland-yard-unveil-new-tactics-in-crackdown-on-moped-gangs-including-new-scrambler-bikes-to-chase-a3672366.html

We've already had a laugh about that one. "Scrambler bikes". Rolling Eyes

I'll eat my lid without salt if they ever deploy tyre deflators against a two wheeled vehicle.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in Slovenia last year I saw a Policija rider tearing down a dirt track on a proper plod scrambler.
He wasn't chasing anyone that I could see, just looked like he was having a bit of fun. What I really noticed, aside from him catching air at one point, was his sidearm.
How many plods are going to chase a group of machete wielding chavs into an estate on their own, with nothing more than a CS spray and a radio?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: TfL finally to address London bikey carnage! Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Can we fix it? Yes we Khan!

Not by changing the roads, or junctions where bikers are getting deaded, oh no. No, not that. You're not cyclists.

We can fix it by offering a couple of hours of training to Larry L-Plates to keep him alive.

I wonder if either course covers how to deal with a bike-jacking? Thinking

Anyway, I shall award One Internets to anyone who manages to successfully find, book and complete either of the two real-world courses.

Oh, same problem as pointed out by coppers running the BikeSafe course that I did: the people most likely to do these courses are the people who least need to do these courses.

Beyond CBT: Skills for Delivery Riders Very Happy

[1-2-1 Motorcycle Skills]TfL say this course is aimed more at commuters and riders of lower capacity machines.

Wait so can I do it? Crying or Very sad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:12 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a queer pitch. I assume they mean eternaL-Learners, but don't want to come out and actually say it.

zark
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:20 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll eat my lid without salt if they ever deploy tyre deflators against a two wheeled vehicle.

Ummm, U Ok?

Quote:
Police eventually deployed a 'stinger' tyre deflation device, which safely slowed Hutson down and eventually stopped him on the slip road of the M11 to the M25.

apologies for the terrible 'local news' website Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
When I was in Slovenia last year I saw a Policija rider tearing down a dirt track on a proper plod scrambler.
He wasn't chasing anyone that I could see, just looked like he was having a bit of fun.

As I was going through Slovenia on my way back from Croatia, on a dead straight road connecting two villages, I overtook a car with some speed to get back onside before an oncoming bike got too close. Naturally, I also waved to the bike.

Turned out it was Policija who gave me a wave back, despite me doing ~60% over the limit right in his face.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

zark wrote:
Quote:

Ummm, U Ok?

https://assets.lbc.co.uk/2017/14/zuriel-huston-sharuk-sheraji-1491237081.jpeg

DINDOO NUFFIN BRUV.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:19 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

... again. Razz

It's been in the policing manual for years, but I think the likelihood is dropping rather than increasing that any individual copper will take the personal risk of messing up some Dindu.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:05 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one of them peds what does 90 Shocked

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:57 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:
I want one of them peds what does 90 Shocked

Then go nick an angle grinder from B&Q and take one.

Lazy sod, show some initiative.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:25 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: TfL finally to address London bikey carnage! Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I was asked to do a Bikesafe course, I replied, yeah sure, YOU might learn something from me.... Rolling Eyes

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:50 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate these cunts

Last edited by owl on 11:02 - 06 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: TfL finally to address London bikey carnage! Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

I was asked to do a Bikesafe course, I replied, yeah sure, YOU might learn something from me.... Rolling Eyes

Can't think of anything worse than spending a day with a bunch of coppers.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: TfL finally to address London bikey carnage! Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Can't think of anything worse than spending a day with a bunch of coppers.

2 days?

Bricktop
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:44 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only tangentially relevant, but one day on twitter a certain police force were giving it the large about a knife amnesty and swinging their bollocks about how they will come down like a ton of bricks on people carrying "Offensive Weapons". I asked them what Defensive weapons one was permitted to avail oneself with against a dindu-avec-acid?

The answer....?

Deafening silence.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 145 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1