Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is Immorality the new Morality?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I sort of agree, in that it's illogical Spock to remove the people who built the society we enjoy, with fresh off the boat (a generation or two ago) immigrants or lots of women.

It was the last attempt of the current governments in order to fulfil the unpayable promises previous governments made.

It could be reversed tomorrow if you were willing to pay the price.

But I'd like to see you try and get voted in on a platform of you're never going to retire and taxes are going to have to go up 100%.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Don't you remember John Major? Back to basics morality campaign?

Think he threw the towel in around 2001 when he became Chairman of the Carlyle Group.

All this stuff has been going on since the dawn of time probably, but we now have 7 billion people (a percentage of which are pricks and another percentage are willing to oust them).

Personally I think you can track this back to the fall of religion. People think they can outsmart bureaucrats and the law, but if you strongly believe in God then he/she sees everything you do, so if you don't want to burn in hell for eternity after death, do good. Laughing

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

All this stuff has been going on since the dawn of time probably, but we now have 7 billion people (a percentage of which are pricks and another percentage are willing to oust them).

:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq2acvfaYq8
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:29 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
A UK Minister meeting dodgy heads of state on her holidays and lying about it.

It's OK, May gave her a stern talking to and Patel understands her position now.

https://i.imgur.com/Gzuu9gy.png

Why, yes. Yes, you could do a better job than that vacuous wittering ditherer, Priti. Wub

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:06 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
M.C wrote:

What were they?

Wasn't he the one who was back-scuttling Edwina currie whilst he was prme minister?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Itchy wrote:

Wasn't he the one who was back-scuttling Edwina currie whilst he was prme minister?

I'd say that is the very definition of 'taking one for the team', a most noble sacrifice. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Itchy wrote:

John: How do you like your eggs in the morning?

Edwina: Without salmonella.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:33 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Why, yes. Yes, you could do a better job than that vacuous wittering ditherer, Priti. Wub

What, from the back benches?. I wouldn't hold your breath.

asta1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:08 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

What, from the back benches?. I wouldn't hold your breath.

She's resigned now anyway.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:26 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commencify hostile briefings though. "Someone" seems to have blabbed that the Foreign Office and Number 10 knew fine well that she was in Israel and were just fine with it until a shlemiel tweetered the pictures.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Is Immorality the new Morality? Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
The old moral codes are broken. Can we all be immoral now?

The old moral codes are a modern social construct for the peon normies, not those that hold the power and influence. The archetype of a knight or say the samurai was not accurate, they could be absolute shitheads. Ever read into the differing education, leaders vs serfs? Might be bollux Laughing

On your other point, I tend to fall on the side of those that seek power, glory and money tend to fall into certain personality types so certain behaviors could be characteristic.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:55 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hereditary, even. After all, "aristocracy" just refers to those whose ancestors were best at mass murder and theft.

Come the people's revolution though, we might be lucky enough to replace them with someone more just like Stalin, Mao or a Kim Jong.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 18:25 - 09 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
We don't have the money or power to be allowed that privilege. It's not an earned privilege it's a hereditary one.

We definitely need to bring back posh people. Its obvious things started turning to 5#it when oiks started being allowed in to power.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

But I'd like to see you try and get voted in on a platform of you're never going to retire and taxes are going to have to go up 100%.

Thing is that might be ok if work was made easier or less challenging in some way. Maybe the thing is to just have really really low standards and not have to give a shit. So then it doesn't matter if you never get to retire.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:29 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people won't be able to afford to retire.

Demographics gonna getchya.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Speak for yourself I have a great retirement plan.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:47 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Does it involve machine guns and a stolen tank?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:32 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that it involves accumulating numbers in the hope that other people won't accumulate as many numbers and they'll still be willing to accept numbers in return for goods and services.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'm guessing that it involves accumulating numbers in the hope that other people won't accumulate as many numbers and they'll still be willing to accept numbers in return for goods and services.

Aye, there's no great alternative, but pension schemes are essentially Ponzi schemes.

Keep it under the mattress lads, that way you can burn it at least Thumbs Up Laughing

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my theory. Morality is all bollocks. People don't do naughty things because they're scared of the consequences.
I don't go round starting fights with people because there's good chance they'll hit me back and there's a good chance of ending up with a record for it.
I do lots of illegal downloading because I know there's a good chance that I'll get three slaps on the wrist before anything serious happens.

The Weinsteins of the world are simply people taken out of context from reality. In the same way a spoilt child will continue screaming for sweets, so they continue to take what they want from the world because there's nobody to tell them no.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
Here's my theory. Morality is all bollocks. People don't do naughty things because they're scared of the consequences.
I don't go round starting fights with people because there's good chance they'll hit me back and there's a good chance of ending up with a record for it.
I do lots of illegal downloading because I know there's a good chance that I'll get three slaps on the wrist before anything serious happens.

This is depressingly true, and why the world's a shit place IMO. If you continually do whatever you can get away with, someone has to set the boundaries, which's why we have so many stupid rules and laws created for the lowest common denominator.

When people stop believing that they'll be consequences, you get acid being thrown about and bike jackings.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:48 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

A strong trap door and a padlock?
Ayeshall This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayeshall wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/0lvrD0t.png?1

By the rings of Saturn, I agree Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:20 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Aye, there's no great alternative, but pension schemes are essentially Ponzi schemes.

Keep it under the mattress lads, that way you can burn it at least Thumbs Up Laughing

These days pension schemes have to show investments and expected returns that are audited. When a pension scheme goes to pot due to abuse by a major investor you get a bhs type situation and they are given a choice of restoration or prison.

The only true Ponzi pensions are government schemes....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5