BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Would you buy a bike with no log book, service hist mot hist

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:51 - 16 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 minutes with a couple of pairs of grips and some oil will either free it up, or snap it. Since it "can't be ridden" anyway, what would he have to lose?

Just out of interest, https://images.google.com/, click the camera / Search by image, see if it's a stock photo.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:16 - 16 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
I wouldn't even think of buying anything from gumtree in the first place.

I agree. The fuckwit quotient on gumtree is way higher than on other online sales sites.

Anything that's sold as an "easy fix for MOT" or "95% complete" is something to walk away from because if it was easy, it would be running, have an MOT and be on sale on ebay for significantly more.

Last bike I got of gumtree was an utter shed. A collection of vaguely related parts optimistically bolted together in the rough shape of a motorcycle by a fool. Luckily, I wanted it for parts, not as a working motorcycle because it would never have made one.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:03 - 16 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All bad bikes end up on Gumtree, but not all true Scotchmen are fallacious.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:42 - 16 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

My lexmoto will end up on gumtree :p Hopefully try and get 500 for it. So ill put it up as 800 on the listing Smile

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:41 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That GSXF was mine not so long ago, it's in the same condition with the same mileage as when I sold it, the chain is completely fucked due to being left standing in a dealers px yard for 6 months or so not moving and dry as a bone. Don't think it's done any miles since they MOT'd it.

Engine and Gearbox are good actually ran really sweet, had just had an oil change when it left me, discs are worn but usable, fairings are a bit tatty.

It's really not a bad little bike, second hand set of discs for £60-90 on ebay, new chain and sprockets £80-150 and you'd be good to go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:54 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh jeez, it's the SV650 with no third gear all over again...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:38 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

My lexmoto will end up on gumtree :p Hopefully try and get 500 for it. So ill put it up as 800 on the listing Smile

Shocked

Do figures go that high on gumtree Laughing

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:43 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen them for that yeah, heck even 1000 at times
tentativebike... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating. Unhide this post / all posts.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
Log book only matters if you're going to tax and insure it, which no-one bothers with these days anyway. What's the chance of getting pulled by the police, fuck all with their current budget. Loads of people riding/driving uninsured and unregistered.

You are talking bollocks...

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an srad from my friend with no service history or V5 it needs a few things doing but I've now got the V5 in my name and its all gravy. Spend south of £150 on it and the bike will sell for about £6-700 where as it cost me £250. Plus the friend doesn't want the money at the moment.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2