Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 308, 309, 310 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Bizarre, it is a charity shop, you know; for charity.

Charities are just another business these days. Treat them as such.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Slightly irked today by an old Scottish geezer. I was in a charity shop, British heart foundation, Scottish gent arguing over the price of a 2nd hand table. "Aye but it's 2nd hand, and there's a mark on it, LOOK". "Go on take the poond I am offering ye, go on tek it". Relentless, on and on he went. In the end he ranted "GO ON STICK IT UP YE!" and walked off. Bizarre, it is a charity shop, you know; for charity.

It was probably rog after some cheap wood that he can fashion into something and attach to one of his bikes. Wink

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to go out on the dirt bike this morning and the battery has gone belly up Thumbs Down Evil or Very Mad Thumbs Down

(Showing 12.46vdc across the terminals then drops to 1.31vdc when I press the button.Starts okay with a booster pack but I cannot take that with me in a rucksack for whenever I stop).

Always have a 'Plan B'

Last edited by Fizzer Thou on 19:08 - 19 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bus back from Stansted was filled with the usual collection of weasel-faced Eastern Europeans and shouty Africans. I had thought shouty Africans were annoying when they shouted in English, but I'd not heard them do it in Italian. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

There was even a guy eating Burger King, complete with stinky tomato ketchup. I nearly hurled.

It was so distressing I had to get a black cab home from Stratford Laughing

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:10 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzer Thou wrote:
Went to go out on the dirt bike this morning and the battery hs gone belly up Thumbs Down Evil or Very Mad Thumbs Down

(Showing 12.46vdc across the terminals then drops to 1.31vdc when I press the button.Starts okay with a booster pack but I cannot take that with me in a rucksack for whenever I stop).

You could have if you had mine..

https://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/microstart-jump-starter/micro-start-xp-1.html

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Fizzer Thou wrote:
Went to go out on the dirt bike this morning and the battery hs gone belly up Thumbs Down Evil or Very Mad Thumbs Down

https://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/microstart-jump-starter/micro-start-xp-1.html

One of the blokes I was due to ride with has one but in order to get to the battery it is a question of removing the seat via the screw under the rear mudguard.

I went out on the FJ instead.

Always have a 'Plan B'

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:10 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Fizzer Thou wrote:

Lidl do them (or equivelent) £20

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Pete. wrote:

Lidl do them (or equivelent) £20

How to ruin someone's day Laughing

Did you write the Purple Bricks adverts?

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car designers. Again. Putting a consumable part like glow plugs in a place where the easiest one to access requires remove of the power steering reservoir. The next two also need the EGR removing, which includes several bolts that you can't actually see because you have to reach up between the EGR and the cylinder block (and all the joy that infers for reassembly), with none of them having straightforward access for a socket on a ratchet. Then the final one requires the alternator to be removed.

I only needed to replace one of the ones behind the EGR - still took almost two hours rather than the 15 minutes I'd expect for a trivial job.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flesh Tubes.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bamt wrote:
Car designers. Again. Putting a consumable part like glow plugs in a place where the easiest one to access requires remove of the power steering reservoir. The next two also need the EGR removing, which includes several bolts that you can't actually see because you have to reach up between the EGR and the cylinder block (and all the joy that infers for reassembly), with none of them having straightforward access for a socket on a ratchet. Then the final one requires the alternator to be removed.

I only needed to replace one of the ones behind the EGR - still took almost two hours rather than the 15 minutes I'd expect for a trivial job.

I've suspected for a long time that car designers are paid the kind of wages that mean they don't have to do any servicing themselves.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Flesh Tubes.

You mean flesh tunnels?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is BCF dead?

Mudcow007 makes a thread about his numb arse and no body makes a gay joke? Not a single one. I'm disappointed.

#ste4mod

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parcel force trying to say they dropped my package off at number 11

No they didn't as that's the person whose bike I'm working on

Also why did they sign my name not their own
Also no card telling me this

EBay seller saying its been delivered they have proof

Fucksake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:50 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drunk drivers.

More specifically the paraletic arsehole who torpedoed his crappy Honda into the side of my truck friday night, leaving me and the missus sat in the middle of a busy junction having spun us around 300 degrees whilst managed to drive off about 300 hundred yards and then stagger away until the police got him. At least his parents had the foresight to insure the little shit.
Truck's a write off. Sad

The salvage man said he's not seen this before...
https://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r601/mentalboy1/IMG_1766_zpsqimdlaks.jpg~original

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Drunk drivers.

More specifically the paraletic arsehole who torpedoed his crappy Honda into the side of my truck friday night, leaving me and the missus sat in the middle of a busy junction having spun us around 300 degrees whilst managed to drive off about 300 hundred yards and then stagger away until the police got him. At least his parents had the foresight to insure the little shit.
Truck's a write off. Sad

The salvage man said he's not seen this before...
https://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r601/mentalboy1/IMG_1766_zpsqimdlaks.jpg~original

Crikey, the bodywork looks like a crumpled tea towel too!

Glad you're both OK.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:11 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

But imagine if you had one of those inferior little cars rather than HUNKS OF 'MURICA METAL.

That however, is a fucked wheel Sick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:23 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUI is still considered to be a minor Tut Tut in many places in USia. I've been out with Murcans who think nothing of sinking 6 or 8 units at lunchtime then weaving back to the office in their land-yachts. I guess that explains the arms race to bigger vehicles.

hellkat wrote:
It was so distressing I had to get a black cab home from Stratford Laughing

I thought I was shocked when Bill Gates revealed that he uses an iPhone, but this... Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
DUI is still considered to be a minor Tut Tut in many places in USia.

I was over there in a place called Sulphur, Louisiana while working in an LNG plant. There was a really good country bar like you see on the movies, full of rednecks with pickups with gun racks in them Laughing .

Many used to get wasted and drive home. They used to bounce off each other in the car park when leaving. I never saw a copper there, doubt if they gave a damn, or probably off duty and on the piss themselves Laughing .

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
The salvage man said he's not seen this before.

Made in America?
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Can't find my sd card loaded with music I dig out out every year as I will be leaving my radio at home in the coming weeks simply to avoid listening to Christmas songs.

Have you checked your handbag?

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:55 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Can't find my sd card .

I didn't know Sodding Dickheads had to carry a special ID.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

People giving way to me at inappropriate or unexpected moments when I'm riding my motorbike, where in the usual order of things such a courtesy is neither expected nor needed and it just adds a layer of hassle onto the maneuver.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 308, 309, 310 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 309 of 698