Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're fucked as regards to the bill, we signed up to obligations hard remainers waved through, if we don't pay the bill, we wont be trusted to keep to our obligations in any other trade deal, so we're stuck

pay it, sort the deal and get out and on with a new relationship
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Aaron Banks, working class?

Caroline Lucas working class? Nick Clegg working class? Pretty much any Labour MPs still working class?

Itchy wrote:

Your logic fails here completely. If they are the wealthy and privileged then they are quite mobile and therefore they can leave and move their wealth elsewhere.

In fact if there is a severe loss of confidence it could easily cause a run on the pound. So those wealthy people could bring it back sometime in the future and get massive discounts. People who moved wealth out before 2016 got a 20% discount on UK assets.

This means it will increase their wealth even more.

The super rich already don't live here, they just own property and investments here to exploit our country and workers, they couldn't care less about our politics. I'm talking about the upper middle classes. They threaten to leave every 5 minutes but their one kid (they can only afford one) is in a good catchment area so their ideals have to go on the back burner for now. They would, but...

My logic, standing tall.

Rob Fzs wrote:
We're fucked as regards to the bill, we signed up to obligations hard remainers waved through, if we don't pay the bill, we wont be trusted to keep to our obligations in any other trade deal, so we're stuck

We are net importers. Bring on the tariffs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Caroline Lucas working class? Nick Clegg working class? Pretty much any Labour MPs still working class?

Itchy wrote:

Your logic fails here completely. If they are the wealthy and privileged then they are quite mobile and therefore they can leave and move their wealth elsewhere.

In fact if there is a severe loss of confidence it could easily cause a run on the pound. So those wealthy people could bring it back sometime in the future and get massive discounts. People who moved wealth out before 2016 got a 20% discount on UK assets.

This means it will increase their wealth even more.

The super rich already don't live here, they just own property and investments here to exploit our country and workers, they couldn't care less about our politics. I'm talking about the upper middle classes. They threaten to leave every 5 minutes but their one kid (they can only afford one) is in a good catchment area so their ideals have to go on the back burner for now. They would, but...

My logic, standing tall.

Rob Fzs wrote:

We are net importers. Bring on the tariffs.

Inflation is already at 3%, the tariffs you want will just push that up big time losing support for brexit, just like when soldiers started dying in Iraq, public support soon nose dived for that.

All results in killing off the idea of the conservatives being the party of economic stability, so are you prepared for a Corbyn government aswell?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

They threaten to leave every 5 minutes but their one kid (they can only afford one) is in a good catchment area so their ideals have to go on the back burner for now. They would, but...

My logic, standing tall.

Um no you just failed even harder actually.

You see upper middle class people don't send their child or children to state schools they send them to public schools.

This is in part why they are upper middle class and or wealthy.

That they do not get dragged down by the normal stateday care prison school system.

So why would they need to consider catchment areas when it's something they don't use?

It's like having private health cover. The NHS isn't something you think about. Phoning and waiting weeks for an appointment isn't something they'd think about.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

All results in killing off the idea of the conservatives being the party of economic stability, so are you prepared for a Corbyn government aswell?

Well Corbs says that if they get into power they're going to print more money and they're going to prep for a run on the £.

Conservative plans also seem to rotate around printing more money too.

That doesn't seem to be a very good situation.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Well Corbs says that if they get into power they're going to print more money and they're going to prep for a run on the £.

sooner or later people will just think ' fuck it, we're getting nothing out of these savings being made and they don't look to be ending either'' so they'll go with JC
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

I didn't realise they put MILLIONS of pounds into funding the campaign? Thinking

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell I'm right because of how ruffled the remoaner feathers are. It's like when you question the failure of the one China policy Shhh!

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_800_800/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAIIAAAAJGQ4MjJjOTcyLTYyNDktNDEzZi04NDNlLTNhMWQ4N2JkODMzYQ.jpg

I didn't realise they put MILLIONS of pounds into funding the campaign? Thinking

I didn't realise Aaron Banks was the majority of leave voters Thinking

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:03 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
You can tell I'm right because of how ruffled the remoaner feathers are.
I have no way to refute the points whatsoever so I'm going to go all Mpd72 and use personal attacks instead.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Unless of course you'd actually like to refute my points.

I can hardly be considered a remainer. You see last year around June I suddenly became 18% wealthier overnight without lifting a finger. The harder Brexit is the more I stand to gain.

how do you like those apples?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
You can tell I'm right because of how ruffled the remoaner feathers are. It's like when you question the failure of the one China policy Shhh!

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_800_800/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAIIAAAAJGQ4MjJjOTcyLTYyNDktNDEzZi04NDNlLTNhMWQ4N2JkODMzYQ.jpg

I didn't realise Caroline Lucas & Cleggy were the majority of remain voters Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:32 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

I thought they had already started QE again? I wonder if someone's regretting leaving interest rates so low... oh no they got to milk the remains of the housing market didn't they.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how upset the remoaners are. It's like the unexpected gift of Brexit! I also love how the same people who want to remoan in the EU are the same ones that helped get us Brexit like all those Londoners who suck the life out of the rest of the county. Leaving will be good, but this middle bit, wow is it sweet Wink

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1cs65xV6V-4/WBa0uDykEpI/AAAAAAAAH_A/Xsnp9JPh25ofmKhmcVaRIEKoP38ChMZtACLcB/s1600/14877872_10154666892849287_702697718_n.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:43 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
if we don't pay the bill, we wont be trusted to keep to our obligations in any other trade deal, so we're stuck

What obligations? Some random number, maybe Drunker's bar tab?

If we do pay it, it sets the scene for every other tin pot pseudo-state to mug us as well.

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Nah, we're all whippet-owning bitter-swilling fag-smoking school-truanting xeno-racists.

And 48.1% of the country sends their kids to Muggle Hogwarts.

If we don't generalise a bit, how can we come to any meaningful conclusions?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Leaving will be good,

So are you going to refute my points or what?

Or are you just going to have blind faith?

Because if it is so incredibly great then it should be easy to quantify all the good things that will happen.

All you're doing is an old political trick. It will be great! How it will be great you'll see! No really tell us, just wait and see.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

If we do pay it, it sets the scene for every other tin pot pseudo-state to mug us as well.

Sure, but if the UK doesn't pay it then it sets the scene for every other nation to mug you as well, quite legally too.

Also it's a case of goodwill.

If somebody scams you out of £100, you're less likely to deal with them in the future or you're going to want a premium to cover your risk. Look at the new nuclear plant being built.

They negotiated £99/MWH they negotiated 300% the current price because there has been money printing and devaluation. The £99mwh was this high precisely to cover this risk.

So 2 years ago pre-brexit 300% premiums were being negotiated. Welch again and what will the premiums look like? First born child?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amsterdam gets the European Medicines Agency... 900 jobs gone.

Other agencies to follow... https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/policies/relocation-london-agencies-brexit/

Also banking is a bit fucked too.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Amsterdam gets the European Medicines Agency... 900 jobs gone.

Other agencies to follow... https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/policies/relocation-london-agencies-brexit/

Also banking is a bit fucked too.

Banking is jobs for Londoners. As is the European Medicines Agency. Couldn't give less of a crap. Actually I'm mildly happy about, although still mostly disinterested.

As for the EMA, the EU is a leaky bucket. We may get x EU jobs but we typically have to pay for 2x worth of jobs. We are net contributors to the EU, not net recipients. If we were net recipients then you'd have a very valid point, but we aren't, so you don't.

mpd72 wrote:
Sorry, were we really expecting to keep EU agencies in the UK?

900 British jobs were they?

To get those 900 jobs in Britain we would have to pay for another 900 to be created in Poland.

Bear in mind most Londoners don't even know or care that people outside London even exist, so they can't expect our sympathy for their jobs.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

To get those 900 well paid jobs in Britain we would have to pay for another 900 below average wages to be created in Poland.

Ftfy

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Sure, but if the UK doesn't pay it then it sets the scene for every other nation to mug you as well, quite legally too.

Also it's a case of goodwill.

If somebody scams you out of £100, you're less likely to deal with them in the future or you're going to want a premium to cover your risk. Look at the new nuclear plant being built.

They negotiated £99/MWH they negotiated 300% the current price because there has been money printing and devaluation. The £99mwh was this high precisely to cover this risk.

So 2 years ago pre-brexit 300% premiums were being negotiated. Welch again and what will the premiums look like? First born child?

pretty much this
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could just give them 3 years worth of the foreign aid budget Thinking

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Sorry, were we really expecting to keep EU agencies in the UK?

Nobody expected them, or planned for them to leave because nobody planned for anything beyond the original referendum. Indeed they still haven't.

mpd72 wrote:
900 British jobs were they?

Your retarded 'patriotism' is your only redeeming feature.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:15 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Londoners who suck the life out of the rest of the county.

Is this your perennial moan about investment in infrastructure so people can get to work, rather than to the dole office?

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Bear in mind most Londoners don't even know or care that people outside London even exist, so they can't expect our sympathy for their jobs.

You mean the far beyond land where the tax revenues go?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:45 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Londoners who suck the life out of the rest of the county.

Is this your perennial moan about investment in infrastructure so people can get to work, rather than to the dole office?

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

You mean the far beyond land where the tax revenues go?

I'm calling it

Inb4 some comment about subsidised housing sets from the usual child molester bnp72.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:14 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Maybe we could just give them 3 years worth of the foreign aid budget Thinking

Without our contribution, they may quickly regress to 3rd world status. And not that you'll hear about it at Al Beeb, but Merkel has failed to form a coalition government and has little choice but to call another election. The polls indicate that it'll be hung again.

Well, it looks like Treasona May has started from a position of abject surrender and then backed down. Why is she even proposing numbers when it's clear that she's left us no choice but to cave in and agree to whatever demand the cabal makes?

However, in cheerier news, I thought I couldn't be any more Platonic-gay for Rees-Mogg, but then he went full Kipling. Wub
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 129 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 72 of 523