Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone else get the 'November fever'?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:56 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Anyone else get the 'November fever'? Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the urge to buy a ludicrous bike around November time?

Around five or so years ago I got the urge to buy an RGV250, I ended up with a KR1S. After that it was a Buell (which I bought) but I toyed with the idea of an NSR250. The year after that I was saving for a house, and the year after that I bought the house. Last year I toyed with the idea of a TZR 3MA, and now I'm looking wistfully at two strokes on Unobtanium, ebay and wherever else I can get my grubby mitts on pseudo-GP bike pr0n.

I keep seeing NSR's and 3MA's and going 'oooh'. I already have enough bikes really (no more space!) but I could perhaps spare a couple of grand to drop on a nice 2t gem. I know, I know, I have a KR1S and I should make that work, but I'm damned if the November fever hasn't caught me again.

I can't justify, store or ride another bike so I WILL have to make do with the KR... but it's this time of year, it seems to send me crazy. Back to the Summertime and I'll have forgotten the KR again and will be mainly pelting about on my Street Triple, but right now that seems an awful long way off.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/x-cAAOSwmDxZnVWf/s-l1600.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/C7wAAOSwzppZ8J-t/s-l1600.jpg

https://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/NSR/news/nsr_meeting/mc21.jpg

Five grand for what is effectively a grenade with the pin half pulled... even two stroke and November madness can't justify THAT level of insanity!

Now, where are those cheap 911's on Pistonheads...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want a 2 stroke in the garage, if only to ride a few times a year, I need one in my life. I’ve got a soft spot for Aprilia, especially as the RS125 is what got me hooked on bikes, so the 250 is top of the list.

Unfortunately right now I only have room for 1 motorcycle and 1 MTB... First world problems Sad

I also peruse 911’s on a regular basis.
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0

Last edited by JAMSXR on 19:20 - 14 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep eyeing up Maico 700's recently. I really need to not buy one.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Anyone else get the 'November fever'? Reply with quote

You rang?

MarJay wrote:

Now, where are those cheap 911's on Pistonheads...

Getting less cheap is where. Except the real dogs.

Anyway, bikes..... I'm not feeling any urges which I think is of a consequence of being extremely happy, for the first time in my biking life, with what I have. Nice feeling, that.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:25 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly different but how good does this look?https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/e2d1ce2b-d69a-4aec-94cf-d08e34f08d08.png

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get this. Hence the gsxr750 sat in the shed that I won't ride until spring and couldn't really afford. Laughing

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread!

To answer your question, in a word No.

At this time of the year my trigger finger normally only pursues bike parts, or projects. Maybe if I was serious then a pukka off road competition bike for the winter.

My time is in March-April when it's getting lighter and warmer. I see all these bikes come out in the evenings and think I need to be riding. It usually co-incides with when I've got a shed full of non running broken bikes, and haven't got round to fixing them.

Something tells me next spring I might be looking round for a cheap used twist and go scoot, just to get me out the house. But what I'd really like is a newish modern seriously trick big supermoto bike for silly back lane blasting on.

That Husqvarna 701 SM for example would do very nicely! Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fairly regularly have a look at Motorcycle Giant, but I'd never buy anything as they're hideously overpriced. Only a genuine XR400 Motard (never seen one in the UK) would tempt me.

Edit: How much? Shocked https://motorcyclegiant.net/honda-nr-750/ (38k in the early nineties apparently).

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bikes but parts and services. A trip to get some casings repaired and blasted led to me agreeing a deal for another set of 350 barrels and also being strong armed into considering having them subjected to a somewhat more "extreme" tune with extra ports and all sorts of wild shit.....

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

3ma is on my list to get, but it's certainly got to be a runner, dont fancy trying to restore one of them

Still got my tzr250 / tdr250 to sort out though...
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
3ma is on my list to get, but it's certainly got to be a runner, dont fancy trying to restore one of them

If you are after a TDR250 engine and carbs i have one in my kitchen....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:41 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Anyone else get the 'November fever'? Reply with quote

Marj, you need a bigger garage. Razz

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only get the urge in November? I suffer the whole year Crying or Very sad

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT200Fan79 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

If you are after a TDR250 engine and carbs i have one in my kitchen....
bastard
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Serendipity
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw one of these tucked around the back in the bike shop. Very want.... ...Affording not. Sad

https://i.imgur.com/2g4vK4dh.jpg

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I look a little harder during the off season, in the hope something needs gone, but doesn't reach enough of an audience.

I missed out on a very cheap Kettle last year, so I'm still hopeful a bargain 4LO will come up some day.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:41 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity wrote:
Saw one of these tucked around the back in the bike shop. Very want.... ...Affording not. Sad

https://i.imgur.com/2g4vK4dh.jpg

There's one of those in a dealer near me, along with a number of other 80s and 90s race reps. Think I posted photos of some of them on here one time. Apparently all in one guy's collection. SRAD GSXR750, GSXR1100, 4XV R1, CBR400, RGV250 etc. I think the Kwak H2R next to them is his too, jammy git.

I don't get the itch to buy bikes at any particular time of year. I just see things here and there all year round that I'd quite fancy if I had the spare cash. But I'm like arry now in that I'm really happy with what I've got, and it is indeed a nice feeling. My bank account thinks so too Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:15 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Anyone else get the 'November fever'? Reply with quote

Some very good deals on circa-200hp race/track bikes.
From around £7k for something reasonably tricked up, or a bit less when more towards 'track' rather than 'race' spec.

Or £10k for this 'sensibly modded' 212hp example:
Quote:

This in my 2nd bike same spec An the one we have just sold

Kawasaki Zx10r 2015 it has been ridin by myself all year at thundersport in the gp1 class no expense spared as it has just had £4300 refresh on the motor which has done 2 rounds

Spec……

K-tech front and rear
Ohlins steering damper
Kit air tube
SES bars and clip ons
SES rear sets
GB engine covers and frame bobbing
Carbon frame guards
Rental 520 conversion
R1 front Calipers
Kit loom
Flashed ECU with pc5
Vance & Hanes head
Throttle body lifters
Carbon inlets
Arrow heads with pipewerx end can
Brembo master cylinder
Dino jet quick shifter
Rain light
Light weight battery
Superbike body work & tank cover
Quick action throttle
K-N air filter
Braided hoses
212bhp

£10500 ovno

Quote:
I keep eyeing up Maico 700's recently. I really need to buy one and bring it to the BCF BBQ.

Sounds good to me Thumbs Up.

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:04 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I fairly regularly have a look at Motorcycle Giant, but I'd never buy anything as they're hideously overpriced. Only a genuine XR400 Motard (never seen one in the UK) would tempt me.

Edit: How much? Shocked https://motorcyclegiant.net/honda-nr-750/ (38k in the early nineties apparently).

They're right near where I work and I've used them a couple of times for a few repairs and MOTs. Yep - they're overpriced alright. Almost every bike is overpriced and their repair work is overpriced too but to be fair, they do a good job, fairly quickly and they're pretty honest too. I'd rather that then some cheap rip-off merchant.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1