Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1st world problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:48 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: 1st world problems Reply with quote

I live in a small cul de sac and recently there's been pizza boxes left lying in the car park next to my place -Im the last house- Its a little used car park typically Im the only one that uses it.
I noticed a white corsa come in after Id just came home. They parked behind my van but never left the car, I decided after 5 minutes to go fetch something from the van and made eye contact, and noticing the window was open said ''alright guys'' they replied similarly then they immediately drove away....leaving, yep 2 pizza boxes! and an empty weed bag Twisted Evil
I've settled down since writing this and Im not gonna inform plod.
Forgot to add they turned into the dead end after my street so could be neighbourish. How do I always happen to be the guy that sees this shit? The neighbours seem to think this is some kind of paradise ffs
This is a rare rant from me, my OH is on holiday and Ive no one to vent too Laughing
I thought I was posting in the gear grinding thread! Sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have fly tippers come to the end of our culdesac. You can always tell, scruffy white van, parks up with doors towards the trees. I wouldn't mind betting that some are Pikeys as they swore at me with an Irish accent when I took a picture of their van. Cool

There again, Pikeys wouldn't give a fuck and would just dump it behind their caravan Rolling Eyes

Scum are scum in all shapes and sizes and short of going out with a baseball bat there is fuck all you can do about it.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
We have fly tippers come to the end of our culdesac.

On Facebook there is a low life that offers rubbish removal for £35 per van load with a proper disposal guaranteed. Proper disposal is a country lane or empty end of an industrial estate.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:47 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, that's the problem. we see it as normal now, almost acceptable with a shake of the head and a 'not my problem' Resistance is futile.
I wonder how the arguments of living in other countries stacks up now the Uk has lost her shine.

What did you do with the pics, Polarbear?

I'm lubricating my problems with 7 giraffes beer/ale not a bad drop Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:52 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how your name is an anagram of a pizza.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:54 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the standard procedure in these circumstances is to write a strongly worded letter to the editor of your local paper complaining about declining moral standards.

It would help your case if you mention they were also parking on the piece of road nearest your house which, as everyone knows, makes it your personal parking space.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:55 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing your Just eat orders, Paddy Hungry?! Laughing

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:58 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I believe the standard procedure in these circumstances is to write a strongly worded letter to the editor of your local paper complaining about declining moral standards.

It would help your case if you mention they were also parking on the piece of road nearest your house which, as everyone knows, makes it your personal parking space.

I think you'll find it was the dumping of crap rather than anyone parking in the car park I was referring to, Confused

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone threw the end of a tube of caulking out of their car boot on the Aldi car park when I was there the other day. Think the surprise of me picking it up and handing it back with a cheery 'think you dropped this, mate' and then disappearing before it had registered was what stopped him nutting me Laughing

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lived where I do for a bit over 5 years now. Despite being alongside a tube line it was dead quiet for the first 3 and a half years, slowly we started having kids in the car park, obviously dealing drugs but generally not causing much fuss.

Then we had kids on bicycles every evening outside generally just being teens

Then noisy neighbours from other blocks hanging around outside in big groups smoking and generally making lots of noise late at night.

Then a small gang started hanging around at the other end of the estate.

Then my neighbour got burgled.

Then a van got broken into.

Then my bike got nicked.

The the other night there was a group of 20-30 generally being noisy fuckers in the car park the other day.

No idea what is linked to what, but I wish we'd done something to nip it in the bud early on. Seems to be a very slippery slope given two years back the car park was basically dead quiet any time after 7pm.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:25 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:

I think you'll find it was the dumping of crap rather than anyone parking in the car park I was referring to, Confused

Yes, but it's not a proper letter to the editor of a local paper if it doesn't include a whinge about people from elsewhere parking in YOUR parking place. I presume they're from a different street. That's probably good enough.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
See, that's the problem. we see it as normal now, almost acceptable with a shake of the head and a 'not my problem' Resistance is futile.
I wonder how the arguments of living in other countries stacks up now the Uk has lost her shine.

What did you do with the pics, Polarbear?

I'm lubricating my problems with 7 giraffes beer/ale not a bad drop Thumbs Up

E-mailed them to some department in the local council that deals with chasing fly tippers. I have no idea if they did anything or just laughed as they hit the delete button. I received a 'thank you' email and that was it.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:00 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
piazza wrote:

Yes, but it's not a proper letter to the editor of a local paper if it doesn't include a whinge about people from elsewhere parking in YOUR parking place. I presume they're from a different street. That's probably good enough.

Appeciate that, I thought you were having a pop at me Laughing
They only came to eat pizza and dump stuff I really don't care about who uses it, in fact the more the merrier my vans been broken into twice and I lost a bike recently.

c dug that's a horrific decline! I'd be looking to escape from that kinda hassle asap!

I do laugh when the local Neighbourhood watch come round to check the condition of trees at the car park and I tell them about my experiences of being in their neighbourhood. Oh the shock and awe!!
My front door handle gets tried a few times a year, that Im aware of, a fact they seem blissfully unaware of.

Polarbear, I didnt get pics just a reg plate and a weed bag with fingerprints.. Mr. Green If they have less money therefor less resources to deal with things that were getting outta hand years ago what hope is there?

Free internet beer for those feeling the moral decline of society Thumbs Up

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lived in the same house for almost 30 years and never had an issue apart from next door complaining the next day after a noisy party or 2
but that was years ago and normally just a "it was a bit loud last night big man"
apology's would be given and that was that
most of the ones around me are in their late 40's to 80's and no kids about to speak of
I live in the very last block in a scheme but its a dead end road so no traffic to speak of either

I'm lucky If I see anyone in the street as I said its a dead end so not a lot of foot traffic either

guess its just your luck
I had a mate that bought a house in a really nice area only to have a family of a*sholes to move in 2 doors down and cause mayhem
he eventually moved as it got so bad

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of the lane to the village gets done with rubbish every month as just of motor way
So off drop rubbish in lane and on again and gone
We also gwet crap dropped off by garages as its out the way and dark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:03 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Someone threw the end of a tube of caulking out of their car boot on the Aldi car park when I was there the other day. Think the surprise of me picking it up and handing it back with a cheery 'think you dropped this, mate' and then disappearing before it had registered was what stopped him nutting me Laughing

I did similar when I lived in London. Some lad munching away on a Subway sandwich dropped his wrapper on the floor, clearly on purpose, when there was a bin pretty much within arms reach. I went into autopilot, scooped it up when I got near it then handed it to him. The guy apologised to me like I was some kind of higher authority human Laughing . Morality points were gained that gay. And virtue signalling points were gained on this day.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:45 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
I've lived where I do for a bit over 5 years now. Despite being alongside a tube line it was dead quiet for the first 3 and a half years, slowly we started having kids in the car park, obviously dealing drugs but generally not causing much fuss.

Then we had kids on bicycles every evening outside generally just being teens

Then noisy neighbours from other blocks hanging around outside in big groups smoking and generally making lots of noise late at night.

Then a small gang started hanging around at the other end of the estate.

Then my neighbour got burgled.

Then a van got broken into.

Then my bike got nicked.

The the other night there was a group of 20-30 generally being noisy fuckers in the car park the other day.

No idea what is linked to what, but I wish we'd done something to nip it in the bud early on. Seems to be a very slippery slope given two years back the car park was basically dead quiet any time after 7pm.

I had the opposite where I lived with my parents.

When I was there in my teens, it had a bit of trouble with 'kids' Mostly kids from my school. Nothing /that/ bad a few fights and some mopeds ragging around, gangs of kids shouting swearing, maybe playing knock down ginger of throwing rubbish about etc. Nothing bad by today's standard. However it all quieted down as they grew up. It's really quite now.

I remember walking through Tesco park park near me, I must have been 23 ish. I saw a guy who was one of the 'ring leaders' sitting in a car with a group of mates. We made eye contact and I acknowledge him with a little nod. He just looked at me and said 'PRICK' I just burst out laughing, some people will never grow up.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:52 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given we bought the flat from our landlady a little over a year ago, I'm hoping the same will happen here!

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I've been living for the past 5 years, never had problems with fly tipping. We had some pikeys come through and spend 3 weeks in the area over the summer and now we regularly get dumping all round the area? Like clock work Sad.

I know it might seem a little disproportionate but can these cunts just not bloody die a horrid death already. We all pitch in to keep society rolling and then you get people like that.

This morning I found a new pile of tires 150 meters from my house on my cycling route to work. I can't even put anything down to puncture these cunts tires because the farmer/dog walkers frequent these routes... Confused

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:58 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Given we bought the flat from our landlady a little over a year ago, I'm hoping the same will happen here!

I think it was only my year and the 2 years below me at school that were vaguely trouble. After that, it all seemed to disappear.

As long as the kids are roughly the same age you might be ok.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:27 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pizza boxes seems a trivial complaint in light of some of the storys being told, it's a slippery slope though.
A mate was round today and told a story of the teens down the street from him, the police were in a local house and the kids smashed bottles around the police car, the police came out and just drove away!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the feral scum have pretty much control of the streets nowadays.

I suspect the only thing stopping them getting worse is nastier feral scum further up the food chain.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case OP is seriously considering some direct and strong nip in the bud action over his serious problem of stray pizza boxes, remember:

Don't embarrass, ridicule or humiliate the perpetrators, or give them just enough of a beating to remember you, bear a grudge or give them a future obsession to get their own back.

If your natural personality or reputation is not enough to scare them away from littering your neighbourhood, then you need to make sure anything you do either does not directly implicate you, or otherwise results in the perpetrators being too fucked up to remember you, or be able to do anything in revenge.

Its not just a thing in films, that taking action against these sort of people results in a world of shit or your life being made hell or just ruined later down the line.

Take em out or go on your merry way generally is the choice to be made.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:49 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reality check Thumbs Up

I'm getting too old to be indulging in street fights, hopefully he'll not be back now Ive spotted him.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:18 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree with what Stevo has said. Life's too important to go worrying about some petty things like this - if they were robbing your house or threatening you though obviously its a different story. Dont' sweat the small stuff like some people or it will end up consumig you.

Everyone ( i assume) has done something not quite on the right side of the law at one time or another (speeding yes that is one too), so whats the harm of a bit of weed ( i dont smoke it so shh) and a bit of litter. Youll find if you interact in a positive social way with these people maybe over time they will respect you and therefore not litter your area.

It's just a thought..

Keep calm and carry on Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2