BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Must of been only me then.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going on Sunday, so i'll miss City away.

I have 3 kids and a 7 seat car. They will be 6 or 7 of us I think, kids go in for free if they are 10 or under and £1 for up to 16, which isn't bad.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
Wow.
If I wanted to go, it would be my responsibility to get a ticket. Lucky for me, it sounds shit.

Do you think I wanted to spend two weeks on a campbed with nothing but the screaming inside my head
to keep me company? If you had our 'deal' you'd be miffed too. Duty it would seem, is a one way street.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to go to the Excel show most years, just because it was an excuse to have a Friday out of office, train down there and a good few beers through the afternoon.

Cash isn't the be all and end all for me, but nowadays it does seem to be too little for what is too many quids.

If I want to try a load of gear on there Infinity Motorcycles up the road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went along today for the first time in about 35 years and I must say quite enjoyed it. Almost worth going just for the VIP bike parking! While the cagers had to pay £12 to park miles away from the hall, we were directed right into the main NEC and got free, secure, indoor parking - makes a change to get some positive discrimination for once...

Wasn't a fan of Steve Parrish's 'Generation Game' on stage (I do hope he's being well paid).

One thing that struck me was just how many three-wheelers there were on show - not just little scootery-type commuter affairs, but big stuff like Yamaha's Niken which comes out next year. I really don't get it - who are they marketing this to? Is it for newbies who think they'll be nice and safe 'cos it won't fall over? Or are there countries where you won't need a motorcycle licence? Odd.

https://i.imgur.com/K79UQUJ.jpg?1

And who knew that Watsonian were still around, flogging sidecars. I genuinely cannot remember the last time I saw one of those on the road:
https://i.imgur.com/2gt6Ta1.jpg

I did enjoy Smiler's mate's rat bikes too. The pictures really don't do them justice; they really need to be seen to be believed!

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:47 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I go for the stickers and the catsuited clunge. You mean there are bikes there as well?

I'm going there Saturday for the same reason.................. only my wife and kids are towing along too Embarassed

Perhaps i can loose them in the crowds Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna meet up? Laughing Mine will be as interested in attending as she was in ordering me my tickets while I was away
from home working my arse off.

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:09 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my mrs wont be that interested either. I have given my daughter a 'mission' to photograph everything so she can stay interested Laughing

My 4 yr old boy on the other hand loves bikes so i think i will spend the day with him Laughing Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2