Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Corrupt Justice?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Corrupt Justice? Reply with quote

https://news.sky.com/story/10000-forensic-tests-may-have-been-manipulated-11137005

3/4s are road traffic offences... Thinking

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampered with? Why?

For shits and giggles?
Because the police told them too?
To get people off who paid them?

Seems a lot of information missing or not released.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:36 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a puzzler. I'd assumed on a first skim that it would be the Big Bosses nudge-nudging to get the results that were required to keep the contract. I mean, what else are they going to do? Highlight that the police keep fitting folk up?

However, it appears on the face of it - and of course there may be fitting-up involved - to be two rogue scienticians with form for it.

Wild xenoracist guess, might these be imported labtechs from a culture where everyone is guilty until they've purchased innocence? Thinking

Either way, that sounds like a right case of perverting Justine, proper gaol time for those involved.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Wild xenoracist guess, might these be imported labtechs from a culture where everyone is guilty until they've purchased innocence?.

Same system as the UK currently operates then! Wink

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nothing new.

Look up the Shirley McKie case.

In short: Forensics crop and manipulate a marginal finger print found at a scene and pin it on WPC McKie. She gets done for perjury and sent to prison.

US experts attend and show the finger prints are noting alike. Scotch CPS equivalent denies any wrong doing. They pay out £750K compo and in the process make finger prints pretty much worthless as evidence.

Polarbear wrote:
Tampered with? Why?

For shits and giggles?
Because the police told them too?
To get people off who paid them?

Seems a lot of information missing or not released.

I'd say it's to retain the contract. It was similar in auditing. In auditing you were supposed to clean as a whistle. What really happened is that the chief auditor would meet with the client and ask them what they wanted the accounts to say.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does nothing to dissuade me of my well known opinion on here. Laughing

The fact that the majority of the convictions are based around traffic offences would say to me it's all about the money from the 5-0 perspective (results based at it's finest).

Question:If someone guilty as sin but never got caught was fitted up (let's say baklyf as a plague none of us particularly like) for a crime they hadn't in that instance committed (but it was known they had before), how would you feel on the convictions? Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:26 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
It's nothing new.

In short: Forensics crop and manipulate a marginal finger print found at a scene and pin it on WPC McKie. She gets done for perjury and sent to prison.

US experts attend and show the finger prints are noting alike. Scotch CPS equivalent denies any wrong doing. They pay out £750K compo and in the process make finger prints pretty much worthless as evidence.

Wasn't there something similar with the Barry George/Jill Dando murder? IIRC it was a single piece of (some random) firearm residue = being the shooter.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
If someone guilty as sin but never got caught was fitted up (let's say baklyf as a plague none of us particularly like) for a crime they hadn't in that instance committed (but it was known they had before), how would you feel on the convictions? Thinking

Eh? No different. The police have a history of setting up innocent people to take the fall for crimes, I doubt they'd see a distinction.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I'd say it's to retain the contract.

Thumbs Up
The Forensic Science Service was controversially dismantled in 2012. Hurrah for out-sourcing! Confused

Quote:
It is understood that while the samples themselves were not tampered with, the data against which they were measured was manipulated, therefore bringing the accuracy of the test into question.

Dodgy equipment calibration then.
https://thejusticegap.com/2017/02/14660/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Itchy wrote:
It's nothing new.

Wasn't there something similar with the Barry George/Jill Dando murder? IIRC it was a single piece of (some random) firearm residue = being the shooter.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
If someone guilty as sin but never got caught was fitted up (let's say baklyf as a plague none of us particularly like) for a crime they hadn't in that instance committed (but it was known they had before), how would you feel on the convictions? Thinking

Eh? No different. The police have a history of setting up innocent people to take the fall for crimes, I doubt they'd see a distinction.

I'm not bothered about what they think, I'm wondering what we think.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1