Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:30 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Splashed out on a pair of these bad boys (£7 something in the sale).

Used for the first time today and, well, they're ok: bit of an alien feeling. Ending up attempting to shift with the throttle still open, oops (won't be making that noise again).

Still, providing I can get used to them, hands remained better than without them.

I've tried loads of different inner gloves; winter cycling gloves, woollen gloves, electrical gloves, even the BCF recommended thin silk gloves (which were actually the worst) and all were worse than my cheapo thermal gloves from primark.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
. . .

Worth a gamble: far cheaper than attempting to buy a winter glove that undoubtedly would fail to live up to its advertised purpose.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Might have to try the new Primark in town.

The main issue with them is the bulk. They used to fit inside my original Lidl gloves* nicely but I think having been through the wash a few times my Lidl gloves have shrunk Neutral

*Annoyingly they changed the design and the new ones are like Marigolds.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time in a long time I feel like I have accomplished quite a lot today. I left work without worrying about everything I need to get done for tomorrow.

Something is going to go wrong.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
For the first time in a long time I feel like I have accomplished quite a lot today. I left work without worrying about everything I need to get done for tomorrow.

Something is going to go wrong.

Coincidently, I did the same. Stuff went wrong and I fixed it, not only that but finished off something been working on for months.....and it worked.....so far.

Was really odd to leave work feeling positive. Prior to that it was August 16th and Prior to that....September 2016.

.......The place will probably burn down overnight and everything will need re-doing. But right now, winning Smile

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A company has been digging up the road near my work and today they accidentally went through the main water pipe covering the whole area. No taps and no flushing toilets = closing early for the day. Get in!

Also a cat belonging to a family in the local area seems to have adopted my building as his second home so turns up pretty regularly inside the building. He gets treats and belly rubs and occasionally brings in rabbits he has hunted from the fields. Its not uncommon to find him asleep on desks, chairs, computers or generally strutting around like he owns the place. Laughing

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold an old pair of headphones 'Sennheiser HD415' for £20, and bought some new b/t headphones JVC HA-S40BT. They were reduced from £60 in Sainsbury's to £20. So my upgrade cost me nothing. I had the HD 15's for years, happy it worked out that way. The new B/T headphones are great, no wires!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:31 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a whole bunch of really interesting passengers today.
First one set me up for the day, though.

He looked well fed but sleek, and exuded the kind of confidence that comes with ridiculously large sums of money, but not flashy with it ... and he smelled wonderful. And with an engaging Cockney attitude.

Dunno whether he was an East End gangster, or a successful businessman who just happened to be born in Cable Street.

I googled him but I couldn't find him Crying or Very sad

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight Matthew I'm going to be funky.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPf2dDmWkAAiznI.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Had a whole bunch of really interesting passengers today.
First one set me up for the day, though.

He looked well fed but sleek, and exuded the kind of confidence that comes with ridiculously large sums of money, but not flashy with it ... and he smelled wonderful. And with an engaging Cockney attitude.

Dunno whether he was an East End gangster, or a successful businessman who just happened to be born in Cable Street.

I googled him but I couldn't find him Crying or Very sad

You met Adam Aarons Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:24 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I've not even bothered to read the Rainpal thread.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:39 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So by being offered a job I wasn't too keen on I was actually invited to stay in my current position by increasing my salary by 25% with all the career progession I would want. If it doesn't turn out, it means I've deffo got hundreds of "transferable skills" so I'm super employable because of the stuff I've been up to.

Apparently, I'm technically a millennial who shouldn't even think of being a homeowner and successful .

Fkn Brexit and old people and anti-foreigners and other stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:16 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did levelled up in Progressive.

YouTuber Nananea is one of my e-crushes. Delicious voice, saucy wit, proper gaming content.

And then I did see that she not only plays with traps but is one too. Wow. Would not have called that.

And... I'm OK with it. Weird. I know I should feel Daily Breitbart hetero rage about being tricked into virtually leching over someone with an outie, but for some reason, I'm just not. Huh.

I guess they are putting something in the water. Thinking

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife's bike got sold this afternoon. £850 for the old VFR 750FH, mature biker wanting to get back into biking bought it as it's a great sports/tourer. Happy it's gone to a new home.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

remembered that I'd forgotten to sort out Marriage Allowance tax after seeing Martin Lewis on the telly

just did it online, should have a few more hundred quid to add to the £200 bank account switching money I got today Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was only 4 bikes (including mine) in work today when I arrived. Usually there are 12+

Had my pick of the best covered bike spaces 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:41 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
remembered that I'd forgotten to sort out Marriage Allowance tax after seeing Martin Lewis on the telly

just did it online

You did it? So, are you the bitch in that relationship?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismissed from jury service after a two-day trial, jury agreed unanimous verdict. Result!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

just did it online

You did it? So, are you the bitch in that relationship?

Laughing heh, no I'm the one getting the refund, had to put all the wifes details in.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:18 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bounced for 90mins.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP1qIW6WsAUjrlN.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP1qIW7WsAAkfxT.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's snowing. Razz

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
It's snowing. Razz

I agree with this post. It's snowing here in Wales too. Weeeeeee!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
It's snowing. Razz

I agree with this post. It's snowing here in Wales too. Weeeeeee!

Go on then...put snow in yer gearbox and see how long it stays oiled for Rolling Eyes Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As kids we used to kick snow up the skirts of girls we liked....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 120 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 129 of 337