Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:39 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said I wouldn't buy another COD game again... then they tricked me with Modern Warfare Remastered. I had to buy the digital deluxe version at £65 or something (inc Infinite warefare) just so I could play the remastered version as they deliberately didn't sell it separately. I recently decided to install Infinite Warfare just to see what it was actually like... painfully shit.

It was worth it, just like old times.

The next COD game I will buy is if they remaster my favourite and best COD game... Modern Warfare 2. Put over 1,200+ hours in to that game, probably more than any other game I know of based on stats.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

finished South Park: The Fractured but Whole at the weekend, pretty enjoyable but hugely drags out towards the end. Gameplay is very samey though so it relies on the jokes.

Preferred stick of truth.

Next is wolfenstein 2

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:35 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Played Wolfenstein II round a mates, it's more like Doom and pretty f'ing awesome. Wish I had pre-ordered it now as prices (for console) seem to have crept from ~£35 to around £40. I don't really like paying more than 30ish for a game.

Currently £25 or £32.50 with the season pass in the Xbox store Black Friday sale (I got the latter). Seriously good game, pro tip don't choose the Wyatt storyline, I did as I played the Fergus one round my mates which's funny in comparison to Wyatt being a whiny bitch Rolling Eyes

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Battlefront II on the Xbox one, seems OK, working my way through the single player.

Last edited by King29 on 01:19 - 19 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:46 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overwatch. Absolutely smashing with Moira. Great addition Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Overwatch when it had the free weekend not so long back, I enjoyed the teleport character Sombra, fun game; might buy it when it's £10 or under.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Gran Turismo sport for £20, spent some hours in it.

It's not bad, but it feels unfinished. I don't mind the lack of cars, but I did notice the lack of tracks pretty soon enough + the track selection is not the best. Not a single classic track (Apricot Hill Raceway, Deep Forest Raceway, Mid-field Raceway,...). Then, there are 2 tracks I never liked, the Willow Springs and Interlagos (Brasil) + oval tracks (why?).
The cars list is quite disapointing. The vast majority of cars in the game are concept cars (not real). So far it was not an issue, but it just feels odd. Polyphony promissed they will release more cars with free DLCs to the final number of 500. They even said we can expect real cars with some classic/legendary cars. Can't wait, to be honest. The concept cars are mostly ridiculous, surreal. Not my cup of tea.

The career mode is non present, which I miss the most. You can still earn credits and buy cars and upgrade them, but there's nothing really motivating you to do so and the whole upgrade system is just boring (no buying filters, turbos, ... just moving a toggle with power and weight left and right). Instead of the career mode, you have the classic licence tests, then you may ''master'' the tracks and do the challenges (win a race, set a lap time, ...). You get cars as you go through and complete everything. Yet again, not the best, but I do like the challenge in all this, that's also what I liked about the Drive Club, to beat the time and master the handling of a car and the track.

But, to say something nice. The game plays perfectly even on the gamepad. It's fun to play, yet feels realistic and challenging enough. It's no Project Cars, but the cars do handle quite realisticly. As always you may adjust every aspect of the car, even the livery/paint job.
The graphics are very nice, photo realistic, and the game runs at 60fps and 1080p (standard PS4) with not a single frame drop. There are no weather effects (rain/snow/fog), but so far I do not mind, I've got Project Cars for that.

The online racing actually works and is entertaining. Playing against real people is always good fun, although as always the race is as good as the drivers in it. It's good, but I would still prefer the classic career mode over this. The last GT game I enjoyed was GT4 (PS2).

Resume;
If you can't get it cheap, like I did, don't waste your money yet and wait for the DLCs. It is a good game, but some would find the lack of content discouraging. The gameplay and performance are solid though. All it needs now are the DLCs to add some concent and I hope the rumors about the classic career mode will come true.

7/10
(not the final score, the game is obviously not complete yet)

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 10:08 - 19 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:01 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Got Gran Turismo sport for £20, spent some hours in it.

It's not bad, but it feels unfinished. I don't mind the lack of cars, but I did notice the lack of tracks pretty soon enough + the track selection is not the best. Not a single classic track (Apricot Hill Raceway, Deep Forest Raceway, Mid-field Raceway,...). Then, there are 2 tracks I never liked, the Willow Springs and Interlagos (Brasil) + oval tracks (why?).

Good Mr. Green I can't stand the GT fictional tracks. Forza has some brilliant ones, but I prefer real world tracks.

Quote:
But, to say something nice. The game plays perfectly even on the gamepad.

GT probably has the best balance between gamepad and wheel users. I used to race with a mate on GT5 and despite the pad and wheel being stronger in different areas, we were evenly matched. Can't think of another title that does that, typically they favour one or the other.

Quote:
7/10
(not the final score, the game is obviously not complete yet)

That's what has put me off GT. They patch the game to within an inch of its life, and still don't fix basic stuff, leaving it for the next title (like what they did with GT5>6).

Anyhoo the only way I'll play GT Sport is if it comes to PS Now and I have a PC that can handle it (so never).

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:28 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I bought Battlefront II on the Xbox one, seems OK, working my way through the single player.

Has weird network issues, joining a party can go so badly wrong it needs the game to be rebooted to be able to work properly again.
Invisible people on the servers. Lag....

other than that, the starship maps are ace.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 05:00 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to buy Battlefront 2 in a couple weeks when I finish up with work for the year. Got the 4K projector up and running now and shit looks absolutely incredible on this 120" screen. Been playing Asassins Creed Origins in 4K and fuck me, it's such a good looking game.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:12 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
That's what has put me off GT. They patch the game to within an inch of its life, and still don't fix basic stuff, leaving it for the next title (like what they did with GT5>6).

Anyhoo the only way I'll play GT Sport is if it comes to PS Now and I have a PC that can handle it (so never).

Yes, you can quite tell, Polyphony would like to have more time for development, but Sony told them to release it or forget it.

At this point, the game is still entertaining for me, but once I'm done with the challenges (off line content) I doubt the online racing will keep me going. As said, the racers are as good as the drivers in them and many times I found kids being kids and smashing each other.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

I've not played since Moira was introduced, must get on and have a go

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:15 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

I've not played since Moira was introduced, must get on and have a go

Give her a bash, shes good fun!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do soon, just finished wolfenstein 2, waiting eagerly on a follow up as it was bloody good. Highly recommend it (though play the new order first)

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:47 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:
will do soon, just finished wolfenstein 2, waiting eagerly on a follow up as it was bloody good. Highly recommend it (though play the new order first)

Never finished New Order Embarassed I played (and completed) Old Blood first which was chronologically correct, but with NO being previous gen' I didn't find it as good.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:14 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-booted up FFXV. Dunno why I stopped playing it, really. Wonderful game.
Also, for those moments of peace, quiet and procrastination on the shitter, Parkour Flight on Android (and maybe iOS - dunno) is great, simple fun.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:13 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MahatmaAndhi wrote:
Re-booted up FFXV. Dunno why I stopped playing it, really. Wonderful game.
Also, for those moments of peace, quiet and procrastination on the shitter, Parkour Flight on Android (and maybe iOS - dunno) is great, simple fun.

Just bought it for £16 on the xbox, in 4K with the enhancements, this is godlike. Great game but boy not being able to actually drive the fucking car is aids.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 14:19 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assassins Creed Origins is one of the worst sacks of shit for optimization I have played for a long time. It's also one of my favourite since Black Flag, and it keeps crashing as well.

Fuck off UBI Soft you wank puffins.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Assassins Creed Origins is one of the worst sacks of shit for optimization I have played for a long time. It's also one of my favourite since Black Flag, and it keeps crashing as well.

Fuck off UBI Soft you wank puffins.

Syndicate was good fun, Grand Theft Horse and Cart in Victorian London. I played Origins round a pals, in a fight scene all the characters were running through each other Confused ...that was enough for me.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:16 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently re (re re re) playing what I've been playing on and off since it came out long about 2012: Orcs Must Die 2.

The level designs and traps / trinkets / weapon balance is superb, meaning that there's a myriad of ways to just barely beat levels. The replayability is through the roof, I've put... many hours into it. Many, many hours. And am still finding new ways to enjoy it, playing co-op with young Master Borg.

Would recommend.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'm currently re (re re re) playing what I've been playing on and off since it came out long about 2012: Orcs Must Die 2.

The level designs and traps / trinkets / weapon balance is superb, meaning that there's a myriad of ways to just barely beat levels. The replayability is through the roof, I've put... many hours into it. Many, many hours. And am still finding new ways to enjoy it, playing co-op with young Master Borg.

Would recommend.

Hmm I got the first one free with my graphics card (years ago) but it never worked, I think it's still in my steam library. Have I been missing out Thinking

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also got orcs must die 2 on my steam library but i've not played it yet, it's sat in the pile of 370+ other games i've not played yet Laughing

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought my first xbox,

It came with Assassins Creed and I bought Start Wars Battlefront II and Doom. Also downloaded F1 2015

I wasn't expecting such a long wait while 50+Gb of stuff was downloaded for the games bought though!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Just bought my first xbox,

It came with Assassins Creed and I bought Start Wars Battlefront II and Doom. Also downloaded F1 2015

I wasn't expecting such a long wait while 50+Gb of stuff was downloaded for the games bought though!

First console since a PS2 you say? Welcome to modern gaming Razz Buy game, install... wait, update... wait. By the time its finished you can't be bothered with whatever you wanted to play.

The Xbox 360 was the last put in and play console, even with the PS3 you had to install everything. BTW Xbox game pass is currently a quid if you want to try a few games (I think there's a 14 day trial as well): https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-game-pass

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the campaign on SWBF II didn't last long. Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 125 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 11 of 64