Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 - Spill counter.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:10 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
tar snakes

I think the correct term is "BBC".

Laughing Fucking hell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

I think the correct term is "BBC".

Laughing Fucking hell.

https://s20.postimg.org/c9ht9j9al/Screenshot_2017-08-30_at_12.20.32.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

asta1 wrote:
Tracer1234 wrote:
Not to bad at all then. All nice and fixable. Are the plastic bits on the petrol take replaceable ?

I believe so. Not had a proper look yet, but I think it's just a bolt on cover really. Not structural, so presumably replaceable.

I has a similar bit of damage on my Sport Tracker after its foray into a Somerset ditch. On my bike they are (false) air intakes
The new part for mine was about 40 quid.

sjc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:30 - 03 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no.22

Was riding to work yesterday morning. Was slowing as there was a pedestrian crossing on red ahead so approx 20mph, with the plan for it to change before I arrived at the light so I could continue. As I passed a bus in a busted a old chap in a Kia soul appeared from in front of the bus accelerating to turn right across in front of me.
Except he didn't know I was there as he couldn't see past the bus so instead drove straight into me.
Unsure of damage to the bike but I feel pretty banged up, not obvious external injuries though and feel pretty lucky the lights hadn't changed as I would have been accelerating instead of slowing.

Last edited by sjc on 15:56 - 03 Sep 2017; edited 1 time in total

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 03 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjc wrote:
So no.21?

Was riding to work yesterday morning. Was slowing as there was a pedestrian crossing on red ahead so approx 20mph, with the plan for it to change before I arrived at the light so I could continue. As I passed a bus in a busted a old chap in a Kia soul appeared from in front of the bus accelerating to turn right across in front of me.
Except he didn't know I was there as he couldn't see past the bus so instead drove straight into me.
Unsure of damage to the bike but I feel pretty banged up, not obvious external injuries though and feel pretty lucky the lights hadn't changed as I would have been accelerating instead of slowing.

22, I believe buddy.

Ouch, dosent look like an idea situation. Have you had another look at the bike since? any picture of her?

Diagram wise, I would say 6/10, do better: Wink Reason for poor grade, what was the lane positioning of yourself and car. Was he in your lane, or you in his going past the bike?

sjc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:56 - 03 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
sjc wrote:
So no.21?

22, I believe buddy.

Ouch, dosent look like an idea situation. Have you had another look at the bike since? any picture of her?

Diagram wise, I would say 6/10, do better: Wink Reason for poor grade, what was the lane positioning of yourself and car. Was he in your lane, or you in his going past the bike?
I was in my lane bus was in bus stop, Kia was also in my lane at point of impact. Bike looks pretty ok to my eyes but going to get it checked properly. Will grab a picture later.

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:15 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!

Crashed this morning. Smidsy, lane change from left to right. Straight into my handlebars.

Crying or Very sad

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbaig wrote:
Yay!

Crashed this morning. Smidsy, lane change from left to right. Straight into my handlebars.

Crying or Very sad

Shite!! You not potatoed enough to not be typing on here at least. How are you doing? Bike potatoed?

More info needed.

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:07 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, bike is in a sorry state. Leaking oil everywhere. Don't know where it is coming from yet.

Myself, not too bad. Left knee is hurting.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. Thundercat engine covers suck! Crash bungs, even extended ones don't ever protect them.

*(i bet is the one just forward of the oil sight glass

Cadbury
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:08 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

24?

Travelling home after work, taxi ignored a give way sign, straight across the road.
Paint diagram: red=taxi, blue=me
Injuries to me are various bruises, and a fractured radius.
Bike is probably a write off.
https://preview.ibb.co/e8KvUQ/Capture_2017_09_18_10_00_32.png

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadbury wrote:
Travelling home after work, taxi ignored a give way sign, straight across the road.

I know that stretch of road, it's a one way too, so no excuses for him not to see you coming.

Mend well brother.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 20 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadbury wrote:

Yebbut who's the giant, one-eyed starfish?

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 21 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Cadbury wrote:

Yebbut who's the giant, one-eyed starfish?

That's the fun zone... Shocked

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my way from work went to grab fuel from sainsburys..

came onto a roundabout as a dumb slut on the left in a ford fiesta decided to go straight across.. but the exit was blocked by traffic..

jammed brakes on slid a little and ended up licking the floor.

damage to me:
sore wrist (previously fractured)
sore shoulder (previously dislocated)
sore back (previously despined)

damage to bike:
broken gear lever
fairing broken
clutch lever scuffed
indicator scuffed
pillion peg scuffed

her excuse...
we have no idea because she sped off.. witness behind said she was driving like a cunt before that.. no-one got her reg but was plenty of cctv in the area fortunately.

now to wait for police to do nada

the steed having a sleep.

https://i.imgur.com/Xj8RLuI.jpg

the paint diagram
red: me
black: her
grey: her after wrecking me
blue: traffic.

https://i.imgur.com/WS46elX.png

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:

Best of luck, tis the start of donkey driver season: it's either cars doing 10 mph because they either can't drive or need glasses and refuse to wear them or drive up yer arse with full beams on making you feel like a cnut for doing near the limit -- not committing, of course, the non headlight users (I'm sure we cover this at the same time every year).

Better to bodge what can be bodged and source second hand shift lever, no?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a collision?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Despined_By_Ex wrote:

Best of luck, tis the start of donkey driver season: it's either cars doing 10 mph because they either can't drive or need glasses and refuse to wear them or drive up yer arse with full beams on making you feel like a cnut for doing near the limit -- not committing, of course, the non headlight users (I'm sure we cover this at the same time every year).

Better to bodge what can be bodged and source second hand shift lever, no?

couldnt find shift lever with a quick ebay search, drilled and put a bolt in for now though.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Was there a collision?

boot to bumper which threw the back end around on me, did the awesome fishtail then highsided

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:

Is that your 25th, or the 25th on this thread? Razz

(Only teasing, had my fair share).

I kind of lost track of how your back was doing. Did you have a back protector on this time?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:12 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Was there a collision?

Owing to the presence of a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place, did an accident occur by which damage was caused to a vehicle other than that mechanically propelled vehicle?

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Despined_By_Ex wrote:

Is that your 25th, or the 25th on this thread? Razz

(Only teasing, had my fair share).

I kind of lost track of how your back was doing. Did you have a back protector on this time?

was at kings on Thursday just gone, back still quite bad and not healed much so surgery is penciled in for February 2018...

i have to wear an nhs back brace thing which is shit but probably saved my back tonight, felt the chest support stab me in the throat so i did indeed get a bit of a fold when i landed.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:16 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

26. It actually happened last week, but totally forgot about this thread

Pulling right out of a T junction on a cold Sunday morning, after waiting forever for a gap, gave it far too much beans in 1st gear and spun up the rear wheel, resulting in me spitting the bike about 20 yards down the road, with me following it on my arse. No one else involved, more of an embarrassment than anything.

Quickly picked bike up, pushed to the side of the road, only real damage was a bent brake pedal, but still rideable

I have to say though, the Hornet does crash well, only other minor damage was smashed indicator bulb (lens was fine but scratched), scratched mirror, and scuffed bar end

£40 later for a new brake pedal, and it's good to go

But lesson learnt, and hopefully won't be doing it again

Oh yeah, i was fine too, a bit achy the following day though

Last edited by rpsmith79 on 17:01 - 27 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

undefined
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:37 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

(finally, I have something to contribute!)

Riding to work at 7am this morning, damp road, 25-30mph, vehicle in front starts to brake, I start to brake, front lets go and I have a nice little sideways slide down the road and deliver some surprise buttsex to the X3 in front.

Result: Not much to the X3 but bike came off worse. From memory, broken screen, broken and scuffed fairing, bent clutch lever, bent rear brake pedal, dented can, scuffed engine cover. One kitten killed.

Verdict: 1/10 - poor skills; must try harder.

Anybody looking for a crashed Thundercat? Very Happy

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
ended up licking the floor.

Your life is bare drama.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15