Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any Honda Transalp Owners???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (9 Nov 2005 - 18:55)
View previous topic : View next topic  

J.K.R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:56 - 12 Mar 2005    Post subject: Any Honda Transalp Owners??? Reply with quote

hi was wondering if anyone else rides a transalp Question is there anything that commonly goes wrong with them Question

bought mines in october as a run around, had the oil + filter changed and recently had the front wheel laced up on mine as the rim was knacked apart from that everthing seems ok (touch wood)Thumbs Up

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 12 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is one and its me Razz (pics in sig)

Common problems would depend on what year it is,m the earlyer ones had one or two niggles (87/88) but generally the later ones are solid..

You'll find these links are handy

https://www.transalp.org/

https://www.f-ms.de/ta/faq/

https://www.ta-deti.de/ta/

most forums are in french or italian, being where these bikes are most popular. These are very much underrated bikes, imo it would be perfect if it was shaft drive Very Happy (see workshop Razz)

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked the look of Transalps, but my mate was killed riding one so they bring back bad memories when I see one now. I would have thought they're pretty bullet proof if looked after though. They're Honda, (always a good sign!), plus they're not highly tuned so should'nt have a really hard life.

J.K.R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a H reg, its matt black (previous owner), the front fairing has been removed and a crosser front mudguard has been put in place under an acerbis 'trail' headlight (previous owner), got knobblies front and back as its getting used off road for the time being, red renthals. Never liked the tailpipe bit big + bulky so that the next thing on the list... Thumbs Up could do with a bellypan if anyones got one lying around Very Happy

sorry about the loss

beatts
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:48 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are these bikes like on the motorway for any length of time?

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatts wrote:
What are these bikes like on the motorway for any length of time?

I know someone with one, and he said it's fine. Cruises happily at 80-90, won't go much above the ton. The wind's kept off pretty well. It's a V-twin so shouldn't really have the same level of vibration problems as a big single.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screen can be a sore point, as can the seat, i'd suggest getting a corbin replacement or adding (if your tall enough to get away with it) more foam to the seat and haveing it recovered... the screen, depends on how tall you are really... neither are terrible though, just could be better...

Getting new plastics (after your finished offroad, i hope you have crash bars!) will be handy if your takeing it touring... shouldn't cost too much.. i'd like a streetfighter ta though Twisted Evil

MAKE a belly pan! (details available on request) the stock one is crap, not designed to take anything other than light sprayings of road dirt.

laser exhaust is the one to get, looks bloody brilliant and sounds great (me wants one) the stock one rots quickly if your not carefull and is quite restrictive Sad

M reg should be ok, the first ones had minor design niggles (self destructing CDI, high oil consumption e.t.c.) detis website is a mine of information, very worth reading it through.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1