Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Getting 600cc Triumph tiger from a sport scooter 400 cc?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

KstEpt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:07 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Getting 600cc Triumph tiger from a sport scooter 400 cc? Reply with quote

Hi there, My question for some will be likely stupid but Im okay with that.
I am 25, started with 150 cc scooter for my first ride I didnt even know how to drive lol.... Learnt a lot from this scooter then decided that I wanted something faster I got A 400 cc scooter sport one at first I was very carefull because I started at 7 bhp and the other has 35+ bhp.
I know that 600cc will have more than 100 bhp gear ones...
Again I m riding this for 3 years now with the time I got comfortable on the roads with it I have hitted also the limits of the scooter lot of times with 180 km. Becauae my way to home is the highway.
So Im taking again some classes for big bikes 600cc plus.
I have done many mistakes with my scooter and ai have learnt a lot for my safety. I know that is not the same qith a bike 600cc but I will use to it. And also I know if I hit a hole with a 600cc and my hand is on the grip and put some more accelaration qhen Im falling to this hole I will die for sure lol.
So my point on this Im already 25 My brains are inside my head already making classes to get used to it.
What is your opinion trollers are welcome I like to laugh lol.
Thank you.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't over think it. You (probably) won't die.

My wife went from a 125 Cougar to a 600 divvy and found it a piece of cake.

Many people on here went from tiddlers to 1000cc bikes and lived to tell the tale.

Which Tiger was 600cc? The older ones are 900, 955i, and 1050. The modern small ones are 800. Not that that should be a concern as they are the easiest bikes to ride. Much much more forgiving that any sports bike. I had a 955i and it's one of the few bikes I have owned I really regretted selling.

So go buy something you like and enjoy. Thumbs Up

KstEpt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:29 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry my fault I mean 800cc Triumph Tiger 2007-2011 model it seems comfortable not to big like others.
I know I agree with you!! I know that I have to respect the bike and to understand the power it has.

Everyone Im telling this they looking me like Im crazy.
I wont make any 180 Degrees accelaration.
Also I dont like to push my limits on something like this I am not that type of guy.

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiger 800 is a very gentle bike IMO. I had one for a week or so while my Brutale was having its radiator replaced. I found riding it a bit like driving a car. Seating / handlebar position is close to a scooter too, although wider. It's got a mild, linear acceleration profile - something peaky is more likely to catch you out, which it isn't.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Getting 600cc Triumph tiger from a sport scooter 400 cc? Reply with quote

KstEpt wrote:
And also I know if I hit a hole with a 600cc and my hand is on the grip and put some more accelaration qhen Im falling to this hole I will die for sure lol.

no, you won't

light grip on the bars, relax your arms

KstEpt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:52 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know what you mean by light grip as I was unexperienced 4 years ago with my first scooter even scooter.... I had my grip closed to the gas and when I hitted once a hole... And I accelarated fast enough in the town without my will.
So I thought then that that is the wrong way to treat to the grip what if I had a 1000cc there.... Probably spinning and falling over for sure.
But still Im a bit sceptical for the tiger 1050 or even 800 may I will concern to getting a tdm but Im seeing that on Tiger 1050 cc has 120 bhp 130 and sport bikes have more than 160 bhp.
If I start slowly for a year to learn the bike and get comfortable with her Im assuming I will be fine.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of scooter, proper bikes have clutch and gears which is simple enough really but takes quite a bit of learning some technicalities like hill start if you haven't even driven a manual car
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

KstEpt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:03 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with that, Im driving for two years a 4x4 2700cc hilux and a 1600 cc model 98' with gears with no problem at all I am comfortable with cars I have no problem at all bu I was thinking hoq it will be with the bike with gears.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:16 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've thought throttle control would be far less problematic than using gears and a clutch if you never have before.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1