Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trump's easing in week.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:23 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Why do you care? Were you this upset over other leaders like Mugabe?

I care because I really don't like liars and cheats, two skill sets in which the orange baboon seems to excel.

Mugabe, I refer you to a slightly different version of my previous post.

Suntan Sid wrote:
As no one has yet to produce any evidence to the contrary, I maintain the, murdering, baboon is an utter c*nt!

HTH!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:50 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.pocahontas.com

Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:56 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
I really don't like liars and cheats.

So you don't like any politician then? Very Happy

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:43 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Suntan Sid wrote:
I really don't like liars and cheats.

You do?

I thought most people ranked politicians right up there with lawyers....and estate agents...car salesmen....telesales persons, insurance persons (arry being the exception that proves the rule)....etc,etc!

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

In general, no, not a lot, they rely on lying, cheating and obfuscation.

Someone once said:-

Quote:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Despite the process repeating itself time after time people still vote for the same vile people over and over again.

Draw your own conclusion!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Trump makes a great lefty hate figure......

I don't know where you sourced that nugget from, but from what I've seen it's not exclusively the left that find him objectionable.

If he's the best person for the job the USA's fcuked!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
M.C wrote:

You do?

I thought most people ranked politicians right up there with lawyers....and estate agents...car salesmen....telesales persons, insurance persons (arry being the exception that proves the rule)....etc,etc!

There are one or two I don't disdain, but like would be too strong a word.

Suntan Sid wrote:
Someone once said:-

Quote:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Despite the process repeating itself time after time people still vote for the same vile people over and over again.

Draw your own conclusion!

Isn't that why Trump got in? He's not a politician. That's how I see it, as a social experiment. Either he turns out to be just as corrupt as the others, or he achieves nothing (like the others). I also wonder if some of the hatred for him is because he's an outsider.

Ignoring the playground stuff for a second, he's actually (just about) got something through Shocked https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42205181

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Ignoring the playground stuff for a second, he's actually (just about) got something through Shocked https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42205181

And guess who stands to benefit, more than most:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42203781

The orange baboon is a shyster, it's well documented that he's been trying to game the system since the day he was elected.
Hopefully it'll come back to bite him in his fat arse some time soon!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
M.C wrote:

The orange baboon is a shyster, it's well documented that he's been trying to game the system since the day he was elected.

Wasn't that one of his election pledges?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

You tell me, you brought it up.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Suntan Sid wrote:

Nope, he pledged to reform the loophole heavy tax system but, surprise, surprise, many of the party's big donors and business-people senators/representatives like their 'get out of tax free' loopholes and kicked up a stink. So, if this bill goes through they still get to apply their loopholes but to a reduced tax rate...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:09 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
I don't know where you sourced that nugget from, but from what I've seen it's not exclusively the left that find him objectionable.

If he's the best person for the job the USA's fcuked!

Depends what you think the job is.

If you believe it's some sort of actual Emperor making decrees then he'd be a dreadful choice. But so were all of the others, with the possible exception of Rand Paul.

If you accept that the President is an essentially impotent puppet-show monarch whose role is to give those with serf and victim mindset someone to salute and obsess over while the vested interests get on with keeping the wheels greased, he's the bestliest presnit evar.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Nope, he pledged to reform the loophole heavy tax system but, surprise, surprise, many of the party's big donors and business-people senators/representatives like their 'get out of tax free' loopholes and kicked up a stink. So, if this bill goes through they still get to apply their loopholes but to a reduced tax rate...

I can find lots about him promising to reduce corporation tax, and even remember him saying it, as someone who doesn't give a shit about US politics and barely paid any attention to it.

Where do you live again? Smile

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

I can find lots about him promising to reduce corporation tax, and even remember him saying it, as someone who doesn't give a shit about US politics and barely paid any attention to it.

Where do you live again? Smile

His reduction of corporation tax, whilst included, was not where the emphasis was made most during campaigning. To appeal to his base it was always about reform simplifying the code, hence everyone, especially 45 calling it tax reform until these last few weeks!
There was no way the party of fiscal responsibility was going to go into an election on a sweeping tax cut mandate having spent the last eight years fighting any legislation that was going to cost money...

Straight from the horse's mouth... Have a fun read Laughing

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange really that when "Dubya" was the incumbent, he was fair game for everyone, left, centre and right could all criticise and throw around the word 'moron' with impunity.
Now there's someone in place that could only ever aspire to become a moron, it's off limits and any criticism results in the the, very predictable, faux outrage from the usual whingers!

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 23:28 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Strange really that when "Dubya" was the incumbent, he was fair game for everyone, left, centre and right could all criticise and throw around the word 'moron' with impunity.
Now there's someone in place that could only ever aspire to become a moron, it's off limits and any criticism results in the the, very predictable, faux outrage from the usual whingers!

The world is full of irony i suppose, like when a certain group of people were quick to be outraged at a presidential candidates apparent sexist attitude, while being the same people that treated a female republican vice presidential candidate like absolute shit 4 years earlier for among other reasons, being too "busy" being a mother to govern Thinking .

Or like when a man responsible for dropping freedom 30 thousand times during his presidency get the Nobel peace prize Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:44 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Now there's someone in place that could only ever aspire to become a moron

Do you genuinely believe that to be the case?

Furious George Jnr was a chimp put in place by the might of the Republican establishment, to do their collective bidding. It was pretty much the Uncle Cheney/Enron presidency.

Trump won despite the mass media, the Democrats, and the Republican party standing against him.

He is, and I say this without joking or hyperbole, a bona fide genius.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

My missus is sad to admit that both Bush's appear like great president's when compared to today's clusterfuck.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
His reduction of corporation tax, whilst included, was not where the emphasis was made most during campaigning. To appeal to his base it was always about reform simplifying the code, hence everyone, especially 45 calling it tax reform until these last few weeks!
There was no way the party of fiscal responsibility was going to go into an election on a sweeping tax cut mandate having spent the last eight years fighting any legislation that was going to cost money...

Straight from the horse's mouth... Have a fun read Laughing

It's point number 3 Eh?

Suntan Sid wrote:

This is the problem and why I don't like talking about Trump. You try to bring any sort of balance to the conversation you're accused of being a supporter. I am not. I just find it interesting how he's the focus of the worlds wrath, whilst worst leaders are routinely ignored.

mentalboy wrote:
My missus is sad to admit that both Bush's appear like great president's when compared to today's clusterfuck.

So a guy that cheated his way into the Whitehouse and lead them into an illegal and disastrous war Clapping

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
He is, and I say this without joking or hyperbole, a bona fide genius.

Considering his past exploits, (prior to moving his extended family into the Whitehouse), the only geniuses involved are the lawyers who've kept him out of prison!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I just find it interesting how he's the focus of the worlds wrath, whilst worst leaders are routinely ignored.

Perhaps it's because he's the world leader most likely to affect the rest of the world with his decisions (were he allowed to make any), so people worry more about what he says or does?
He has managed to focus more attention on one other of those dodgy leaders at least, and I don't hear many people being kind about that one.
Also, he's a very hot topic for the media, as he is constantly attacking them, so they reciprocate. Since we have to form much of our opinion from what the media say, is it any wonder the world's wrath is fixed on him? We hear nothing else. Take Ch 4. They're feckin obsessed with him.
Personally, I find him a somewhat unsavoury character, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him with one hand tied behind my back, but nor would I any other politician for that matter.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:57 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:

I just find it interesting how he's the focus of the worlds wrath, whilst worst leaders are routinely ignored.

Perhaps it's because he's the world leader most likely to affect the rest of the world with his decisions (were he allowed to make any), so people worry more about what he says or does?
He has managed to focus more attention on one other of those dodgy leaders at least, and I don't hear many people being kind about that one.
Also, he's a very hot topic for the media, as he is constantly attacking them, so they reciprocate. Since we have to form much of our opinion from what the media say, is it any wonder the world's wrath is fixed on him? We hear nothing else. Take Ch 4. They're feckin obsessed with him.
Personally, I find him a somewhat unsavoury character, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him with one hand tied behind my back, but nor would I any other politician for that matter.

I'm sure if you asked most people who their most hated world leader would be, they'd quickly forget about the chubby Korean kid. BBC news had their 100 days programme, then rather than getting over their butthurt (the host hates Trump), they started beyond 100 days Rolling Eyes

I assume it'll last for as long as he's president, so another 7 years if he gets re-elected? Better than Brexit, that'll probably never end. I wonder if it's the same people actually Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 14 of 25