Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

VFR 800 Crossrunner - Exhaust

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: VFR 800 Crossrunner - Exhaust Reply with quote

Mate got SMIDSY'd, and is getting paid out (surprisingly quickly), 100% non-fault. He's buying it back, and he's on the right track for forks etc, but he's looking to ditch the huge OEM can. Think it's a '13 plate.

He was looking at Akrapovic Ti stuff, but I think he's seen sense in that it's not a racebike and won't benefit from the weight loss over SS. I've suggested he have a peek at Black Widow.

Any advice? Other brands that are decent he should be lookking at. It can't be overly noisey (He has to go through a covered passageway connecting houses at 5:30AM), or should be able to have a baffle put in.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpion make good quality cans at reasonable prices. Often do decent discounts at shows. Sound great with the baffle out but with the baffle in mine isn'the much louder than stock. Still sounds better though and I have no problems with thr neighbours working shifts. The Akra can is a factory option too.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Widow quality is somewhat questionable, but it is cheap. You pays your monies etc.

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't personally put Black Widow on, given that they are actually the infamous Sandy Spares with a different hat on (Google-Fu will help with background on this)

For the VFR V4 my preference is either Staintune if you can get hold of them and they tend to be the Holy Grail, or as I have myself (bias much?) Remus. Both these give a lovely deep, rich sound that isn't harsh or offensive but at the same time never fails to turn heads.

An awful lot of VFR owners on a budget will swear by Delkevic cans. Cheap and cheerful and seem to be perfectly 'okay', but I do find the shorty cans a little brash for every day use.

I'm not personally au fait with the fitment on the Crossrunner though so can't really comment on what is actually available as a range of choice.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 135 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1