Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Two years for shoving a traffic warden

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Two years for shoving a traffic warden Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-kent-42195865/daniel-corneille-jailed-for-sheerness-traffic-warden-attack

Ridiculous. Yeah OK he got injured but he was having a bad day and it was just a shove or two.

Black kid throws acid in someone's face and gets 6 weeks PlayStation jail and a free holiday Rolling Eyes

https://metro.co.uk/2017/12/01/man-broke-traffic-wardens-shoulder-after-seeing-him-give-ticket-as-he-left-pub-7124626/

Oh.....55 previous convictions you say Daily Mail in disguise Metro? Well thanks for the full picture BBC.

Is 2 years enough when you've gone and done it again after promising you wouldn't a whole 50+ times before? How many chances does one person need?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 6 weeks off with a sore shoulder is the real crime. What? A Traffic warden was surprised that he was attacked
at work? Never crossed his mind that he might get a slap from an angry road user?? Pull the other one.

'Public servant in "rinses sick pay scheme for every possible penny" shocker'. Ought to be the headline here.

No doubt being chinned at work is seen as the Golden Goose if you are a traffic warden and what's more probably not the
longest of waits until you get your turn. I know a tube train driver who has told me on more than one occasion that he
'hopes today is his day' that someone jumps in front of his train so he can 'sack it off for three months plus on full pay'.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I think 6 weeks off with a sore shoulder is the real crime.

A fractured shoulder, according to the article.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:07 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Two years for shoving a traffic warden Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Oh.....55 previous convictions you say Daily Mail in disguise Metro? Well thanks for the full picture BBC.

Is 2 years enough when you've gone and done it again after promising you wouldn't a whole 50+ times before? How many chances does one person need?

If you reoffend you've obviously not learnt your lesson, so you should have to re-serve your previous convictions. It's the only way I can see of stopping repeat offenders. That or have an American style 3 strikes and you're out, although obviously with British justice they'll have to start at 30+ Rolling Eyes

mrbox
Wonderwall

PostPosted: 03:25 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I know a tube train driver who has told me on more than one occasion that he
'hopes today is his day' that someone jumps in front of his train so he can 'sack it off for three months plus on full pay'.

The three drivers I work with that have had jumpers/accidental deaths were off for about 4-5 days followed by a fairly heavily monitored two weeks back over the routes.

I don't think 3 months is unreasonable personally but most want to get right back on the horse.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:48 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate of mine worked as a carer for the NHS looking after adults with autism. He got a call to come into see his boss who explained that he was suspended on full pay because "A member of the public has expressed concern that you may have physically mistreated one of your clients.".

It came out that no, they didn't know who it was that had made the allegation. No, they hadn't spoken to the client about it and that they expected the investigation to take around 9 weeks.

His response was ""So. I'm suspended on full pay for 9 weeks in the middle of summer while you find out that the guy I'm supposed to have been beating up is 40 and twice the size of me? Can anyone call up and report me then?"

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:03 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking Ghoul though, most of his money is going to come from the performance related pay which expose after expose after expose reveals that they're still raking in.

2 years is what Brian Hampton got for slaughtering 16 year old scooterist Jade Clark while driving a fraudulently registered and insured car and banned for drink driving.

It's 1/3rd of a pre-meditated predatory stranger rape.

I honestly think that we'd be better off as a society and financially by transporting recidivist criminals to some 3rd world armpit. Bribe Liberia or Zimbabwe to give them citizenship, tear up their UK passports (if they have one to begin with) and pack them off there, cargo class.

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the video...and seeing how at ease the bloke is with dishing out gbh, id say the sentence was fair.

The bloke is a complete scrote and actually lucky that the warden never hit his head on the glass and killed him, as he'd have had a much longer sentence.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
2 years is what Brian Hampton got for slaughtering 16 year old scooterist Jade Clark while driving a fraudulently registered and insured car and banned for drink driving.

It's also what those guys who said "lets have a riot in our local town" on Facebook got, when nothing actually happened Rolling Eyes

Rogerborg wrote:
I honestly think that we'd be better off as a society and financially by transporting recidivist criminals to some 3rd world armpit. Bribe Liberia or Zimbabwe to give them citizenship, tear up their UK passports (if they have one to begin with) and pack them off there, cargo class.

Worked for Australia. Less so for other communities forcibly relocated Whistle

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread title is as misleading as butthurtnationalistprick72's "jailed for racism" post somewhere else. Crying or Very sad

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Thread title is as misleading as butthurtnationalistprick72's "jailed for racism" post somewhere else. Crying or Very sad

It was quite deliberate and I did have that in mind at the time Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aggressive twat deserved more if you ask me (nobody did, but hey-ho...). Somebody with so little regard for the consequences of their actions needs to be locked up for 5 years rather than 2 and visited thrice daily by Big Winston and the chocolate-starfish gang.....

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:29 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Two years for shoving a traffic warden Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
That or have an American style 3 strikes and you're out, although obviously with British justice they'll have to start at 30+ Rolling Eyes

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. They won't go to jail untill they get an LBW or the wicket gets hit Very Happy

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:23 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chav twat, two years fully deserved.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Chav twat, two years fully deserved.

As much as I hate traffic wardens, I think two years was not enough for someone who clearly is a thug.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:39 - 04 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

2 years for GBH is a joke.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:52 - 04 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

Since he has a staggering number of previous convictions that I can't (or at least I'd not like to) believe haven't led to some porridge time, I'd say he's well aware of that.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:31 - 04 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tish and nonsense, those were in the past, he's reformed now, this was just a momentary, isolated incident.

Just like all the other ones.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:54 - 04 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Tish and nonsense, those were in the past, he's reformed now, this was just a momentary, isolated incident.

I must remember this for when I have a moment Wink

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:26 - 05 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Tagging it in here because of the relevance / similarity between the profile of the offenders and the crap nature of the reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-42220686?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-essex-42197293&link_location=live-reporting-story

Quote:
A man has been charged with murder after another man was found fatally stabbed in the chest and stomach in an Essex village.

Patrick Chandler, 44, has been charged and will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court later.

Is all we get pretty much. So you do a bit of Google and:
June 2007 attacks a nurse whilst coming out of OD on drugs - gets 12 months inside
November 2007 burns house of a woman down as part of a drugs gang and receives 12 months, suspended for two years, for supply of heroin and cocaine, and given an 18-month supervision order and a 12-month drug rehabilitation order

I'd love to know how it is he was caught for the second offence when he should have been inside for the first one still - but I'd hazard a guess something to do with a tag and a parole officer he routinely avoided Rolling Eyes

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:09 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In March 2010 he was jailed for repeatedly stabbing a man who was having a relationship with his friend’s ex".

Yeah, poor sod, two years, such harsh, most upstanding.

Give him 20 and let him rot.

Scum.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1