Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it save us £50 billion quid?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:

There you go again with your limited view of the world, making your assumptions.

Just as you assume the EU doesn't have plans for "even closer

I didn't assume that at all. You made another assumption about that.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Well, which is it to be? Borders, or no borders? Nations, or one happy clappy peaceful integrated equal tolerant plentiful world?

Nationalism isn't just about having borders or not - it's also an attitude.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone want to point out to butthurtnationalistprick72 that when Itchy was pointing the stuff out that he's just recycled, he slagged him off rotten?

Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:28 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Nationalism isn't just about having borders or not - it's also an attitude.

Is your attitude that we shouldn't have borders?

Instead of asserting that you haven't said things, maybe you could advocate for whatever your position actually is.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
It makes no difference if we leave or remain now. Half of the nation is going to be angry at the other half no matter what and it'll take generations that that to go.

Productivity is low but that's because of all the disabled people who are working, apparently.

This country is a legend in it's own lunchtime. What started out as a way to shut up anti-europe Tories and prevent their party splitting has snowballed when all they really needed to do was wait a few years for most of them to die of old age.

The decisions are being made by lazy incompetents with no vision, morals or commitment. We're going to wallow in infighting whilst the country degenerates.

So you've committed yourself to being upset about (the outcome of) a democratic referendum for years to come? Are you for real?

Sure it was a selfish political gamble by Cameron but don't forget people like that nasty mini-hitler Farage campaigned a long time for this, I find it hilarious UKIP achieved their objective despite such little political impact, you know 4 million votes equating to f**k all.

And again you're arrogantly assuming the motives of those who voted to leave. It wasn't only elderly white racists, it was a mix (on both sides). Yeah yeah yeah the polling says, this is the same polling that got the referendum wrong, the last two general elections wrong, the US election wrong.

Rob Fzs wrote:
Most twats that went to uni and got told the EU is great and the Tories are evil voted to remain, most people who just went out to work understood the reality.

But the official government line was that we should remain (remember the 9 million quid leaflet?), so if they were really anti-government/Tory surely they'd do the opposite?

I kinda understand the younger = more idealistic and maybe naive to certain issues argument, but again that's a generalisation.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:04 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
people like that nasty mini-hitler Farage

Oh, we do.

While we're waiting for the cat's meow, let's hear just how srs Brexit is.

The president of the CBI Paul Drechsler wrote:

Any country.

Ever.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
Support of the Eu is about ' what can the country do for me''

No it isn't. It's about seeing beyond nationalism.

Rob Fzs wrote:
"what i can do for the country''

Your country doesn't give a fuck about you. They'd sell you for a penny chew, 5 minutes of press time or as cannon fodder whithout a second thought - take your pick.

Why do you think you owe it anything anyway?

If MPs put the country last why would you expect anyone else to do any different?

This country went down the shitter a long time ago. It has nothing to do with the EU, nothing to do with imigration but everything to do with the self obsessed, money grabbing, selfish society we've built for ourselves.

Rob Fzs wrote:
So why do the Europeans have a better vision?

I don't recall saying that they did.

looks like i hit the nail on the head ,you salty cunt

This country is fucking great, it would be even better, if miserable whinging cunts such as you, would stop sniping and trying to squander our resources to a 3rd party that wishes to centralize an entire continent to Brussels.

Most conservative people, such as myself are not tremendously bothered about the direction of the country, idiots such as you, that are forever trying to change for the sake of change will never be pleased, and your little strawman arguments as to why brexit happened amuse us the most, because you will never understand why people voted to leave.

You love the Eu soo much, yet you're here? why? i'll take a punt at it being the most economically convenient for you, which goes back to my initial point.

You're abit of a fucking parody remainer really, you're whinging about us being focused on money, yet that's the whole thing the remain campaign was built on, the real reason our political system is bent is because of the lack of focus on politicians and policy, of which branching it out to Brussels is supposed to make it even better, once sovereignty is restored, then we can start having a deep understanding of what we're part of, rather than doing as you do, and allowing anything to happen ''for the greater good''
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Last edited by Rob Fzs on 18:56 - 07 Dec 2017; edited 4 times in total

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:
It makes no difference if we leave or remain now. Half of the nation is going to be angry at the other half no matter what and it'll take generations that that to go.

Productivity is low but that's because of all the disabled people who are working, apparently.

This country is a legend in it's own lunchtime. What started out as a way to shut up anti-europe Tories and prevent their party splitting has snowballed when all they really needed to do was wait a few years for most of them to die of old age.

The decisions are being made by lazy incompetents with no vision, morals or commitment. We're going to wallow in infighting whilst the country degenerates.

So you've committed yourself to being upset about (the outcome of) a democratic referendum for years to come? Are you for real?

Sure it was a selfish political gamble by Cameron but don't forget people like that nasty mini-hitler Farage campaigned a long time for this, I find it hilarious UKIP achieved their objective despite such little political impact, you know 4 million votes equating to f**k all.

And again you're arrogantly assuming the motives of those who voted to leave. It wasn't only elderly white racists, it was a mix (on both sides). Yeah yeah yeah the polling says, this is the same polling that got the referendum wrong, the last two general elections wrong, the US election wrong.

Rob Fzs wrote:
Most twats that went to uni and got told the EU is great and the Tories are evil voted to remain, most people who just went out to work understood the reality.

But the official government line was that we should remain (remember the 9 million quid leaflet?), so if they were really anti-government/Tory surely they'd do the opposite?

I kinda understand the younger = more idealistic and maybe naive to certain issues argument, but again that's a generalisation.

Vote leave was a tory ran campaign
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

I get that, I remember Bojo and Gove and the others, my point was that the official government position was to remain. So was Labours, they just went quiet on the issue post-referendum (like May) hoping people would forget, despite the infighting on their 'new' position. The lib dems were the only f**k you and your referendum party, for all the good it did them.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

I get that, I remember Bojo and Gove and the others, my point was that the official government position was to remain. So was Labours, they just went quiet on the issue post-referendum (like May) hoping people would forget, despite the infighting on their 'new' position. The lib dems were the only f**k you and your referendum party, for all the good it did them.

Going on the polling, not many people knew what Labours position was

Just like now with their position to the single market, i watch them everyday and i still cant fathom what their position is.

i remember all the shit being shared on facebook, from the usual uni twats, giving lists of what EU funding had provided, along with another list of who tory austerity had killed

Arseholes that have no idea that when the pound value rises, the FTSE drops, were blaming that on brexit jitters before the vote

Some arsehole jean monet professor was going viral from Liverpool Uni saying it would be impossible for us to leave the Eu because of all the laws, and these 'young non conformists' lapped it all up.

You'd think when the likes of Goldman sachs and JP Morgan were funding the remain campaign, the young would smell a rat, but they didn't say a word, then once the ref was over, they went back to bashing the bankers.

Cameron was abit thick really, he allowed for everyone on the remain side, to say the tories once we left, would remove every workers right/ environmental standard going , emboldening the idea that the tories are evil and the EU was good.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
This country is fucking great,

By what measure? An lot of people think something is great until they see and experience something better. This is not to say everything is better, but an awful lot of things people think is great isn't.

Rob Fzs wrote:
You love the Eu soo much, yet you're here? why? i'll take a punt at it being the most economically convenient for you, which goes back to my initial point.

Better to be the king of hell than a servant in heaven?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
This country is fucking great,

By what measure? An lot of people think something is great until they see and experience something better. This is not to say everything is better, but an awful lot of things people think is great isn't.

Rob Fzs wrote:

Better to be the king of hell than a servant in heaven?

Health, education, social housing, cheap food, public services, free speech, the list goes on.

I'm sure you can tell me how great other places are, but by the grand scheme of things, this place is pretty great.

SCaredykatz solution will undoubtedly be the version of which his specific political ideology 'has never been tried before'
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:

I didn't assume that at all. You made another assumption about that.

You called a "Federal State of Europe" an assumption and criticised me for it, ergo, you don't "assume" it will happen.

Errm, no. Just no. Your logic is fucked up. You seem to think that having a different opinion to you means you can attribute any opinion you like to the other party.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Perhaps you don't think the effects will last very long?

M.C wrote:

I take a stab that your comprehension skills are a bit shit. You've failed to read what I wrote. I wasn't talking about the general populace, I was talking specifically about the Tories - They have a divide in their party and have for some time, those who want out at any cost. The referendum was Cameron saying "Come on then" expecting zero contest.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
[

Errm, no. Just no. Your logic is fucked up.

Good good you're starting to see through mpd now.

Like I've said he's effectively a contradiction. He'll slag people off for one thing yet then take this exact same view and use it to slag somebody else off.

All in all he has no core values whatsoever... typical Tory in effect.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

looks like i hit the nail on the head ,you salty cunt

This country is fucking great, it would be even better, if miserable whinging cunts such as you, would stop sniping and trying to squander our resources to a 3rd party that wishes to centralize an entire continent to Brussels.

Most conservative people, such as myself are not tremendously bothered about the direction of the country, idiots such as you, that are forever trying to change for the sake of change will never be pleased, and your little strawman arguments as to why brexit happened amuse us the most, because you will never understand why people voted to leave.

You're abit of a fucking parody remainer really, you're whinging about us being focused on money, yet that's the whole thing the remain campaign was built on, the real reason our political system is bent is because of the lack of focus on politicians and policy, of which branching it out to Brussels is supposed to make it even better, once sovereignty is restored, then we can start having a deep understanding of what we're part of, rather than doing as you do, and allowing anything to happen ''for the greater good''

Wow pure unadulterated drivel. Trying to give mpd a run for his money?

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Wow pure unadulterated drivel. Trying to give mpd a run for his money?

Lol I love it when thumbhead get fucking pwned Laughing

You fucking liberal cuck.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
emboldening the idea that the tories are evil

I dunno, evil means direct and polar opposite to the values you hold.

They certainly hold an awful lot of direct and polar opposites to those many hold. I mean even the most ardent and hardest capitalists/tax me less types on here were against the tribunals now cost money.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT200Fan79 wrote:
Lol I love it when thumbhead get fucking pwned Laughing

You fucking liberal cuck.

One day you might manage to bring something useful to the debate. Sadly, yet again, not today.

Pwned? No not really, he just typed shouty angry.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Cutting out a tumour is a painful, messy business, but the alternative is worse.

Sure but putting in another tumour isn't particular smart is it?

A lot of the problems are actually self inflicted. You yourself said the company you work for is hiring Bulgarians.

Why not train up some natives? Ah but that would cost money... and thus goes back to the money/greed issue.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Most conservative people, such as myself are not tremendously bothered about the direction of the country

Can you show me anything that suggests this, other than your opinion? I'm happy to concede the point if you can.

Rob Fzs wrote:
are forever trying to change for the sake of change

You're mistaken, the change is leaving. Staying is the status quo.

Rob Fzs wrote:
your little strawman arguments as to why brexit happened

Which ones?

Rob Fzs wrote:
you will never understand why people voted to leave.

I'm guessing it's because you're angry, but who knows. Give me some good reasons why you want to leave. Your reasons.

Rob Fzs wrote:
You love the Eu soo much

You're mistaken.

Rob Fzs wrote:
yet you're here? why?

Do you advocate running away?

Rob Fzs wrote:
i'll take a punt at it being the most economically convenient for you, which goes back to my initial point.

I've lived and worked in Europe for more than 10 years, there was more money there (weird stuff like 13 months of pay (not 12) 'holiday pay' which was an extra month etc) I simply wanted to come back to the UK and it had nothing to do with money at all.

Rob Fzs wrote:
You're abit of a fucking parody remainer really, you're whinging about us being focused on money, yet that's the whole thing the remain campaign was built on.

So, let's be clear. You don't like it when those who vote leave are all tarred with the same brush (racists/old farts/whatever) but you firmly believe that everyone who votes remain "did it for the money"? My position on the process has nothing to do with money.

Rob Fzs wrote:
the real reason our political system is bent is because of the lack of focus on politicians and policy, of which branching it out to Brussels is supposed to make it even better, once sovereignty is restored, then we can start having a deep understanding of what we're part of,

The real reason that our political system is broken is because politicians are self serving, dishonest blaggards with their own self interests at heart, not those of the country they are supposed to serve. And yes, before you ask, I'm talking about all parties; not just the Tories. Just look at the ridiculousness of our current parliament right now. We have a PM who can't sack anyone because she's too weak, trying to carry out negotiations that she is incapable of doing. Any negotiations need someone who is strong to lead them. May is weak and is surrounded by weak players because it's all she can find. She's not even 1/4 of Thatcher.

Rob Fzs wrote:
rather than doing as you do, and allowing anything to happen ''for the greater good''

Aren't you doing precisely that? This current government is making a pig's ear of everything they touch- standing by and watching them do their worst is "allowing anything to happen" for what you perceive to be "the greater good".

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:01 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
You yourself said the company you work for is hiring Bulgarians.

Yup, can't get enough of them.

Itchy wrote:
Why not train up some natives?

Bulgarians educated at the local universities.

Why not, as a nation, stop training up foreigners? That one's out of our hands.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Why not, as a nation, stop training up foreigners? That one's out of our hands.

That would require long term thinking and it would affect the bottom line! It would therefore be unthinkable!*

*Ford sold Hyundai their obsolete engines to make a quick buck. 30 years later Ford is being hammered by Hyundai.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 112 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 82 of 523