Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
M.C wrote:
I don't see why somewhere like Kwik Fit would make-up work, they seem to be busy enough.

R U Trolling us?

... no? Everytime I've been in one its been a massive wait, I normally lose half-a-days work.

arry wrote:
M.C wrote:
I don't see why somewhere like Kwik Fit would make-up work, they seem to be busy enough.

https://garagewire.co.uk/news/kwik-fit-charges-for-unnecessary-work-in-undercover-sting/

Fair enough but it says taking their car in for a full service, you must have mug written on your forehead from the start Smile

Put it this way, you can get two kwik fit MOTs for the price of a council one, so do you pay double or try kwik fit etc. then decide what to do if they failure the vehicle.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:11 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

I was going to give you a lecture on how to change the light bulb without taking the wheel off, but I've got nothing. Crying or Very sad Laughing

Would removing the headlight help? Many modern cars require you to remove the lights to change the bulbs. Even the tail lights (PSA cars, for instance). Taking the wheel off seems a bit excessive.

You can't even SEE the back of the right headlight without a mirror on a stick, power steering pump is in the way. Through the wheel arch is genuinely the correct, by the book way to do it and having done it before, takes about 20 minutes. You can do it without taking the wheel out but then you're working in a very tight space and totally blind. With the wheel off, you can get in there with a head torch and look at it.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:58 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT fail day: two broken springs and a badly corroded brake disc.

Fortunately, zero fvcks were required to be given. Fix it, minions, chop-chop.

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
MOT fail day: two broken springs and a badly corroded brake disc.

Fortunately, zero fvcks were required to be given. Fix it, minions, chop-chop.

Failed on a corroded brake disc? I'd like to see it. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:04 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nb wrote:
Failed on a corroded brake disc? I'd like to see it. Laughing

Was legit. 7 years old, it rarely gets driven and then only in winter so it's a martyr to salt. The rim of the inner disc was practically crumbling away.

See previous post where I'd had a mad moment and decided to see if I could remove it myself, then lolled it off and let the garage monkeys do it at the MOT.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 112 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2