Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB250 - checked oil, lights, horn and finally replaced the old base plate
which had a rickman topbox for a new METAL base plate for a modern
Givi Top box. (Replaced the fitting kit too PLUS double bolted)

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:53 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all reminds me...I think I've got a bike somewhere Confused
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleared and salted a path for it, I still have to go out on it in the morning, irrespective of weather.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helped by my glamorous assistant Fret, we:-

Arrow Fitted new chain and sprockets
Arrow Fitted carbon tank guard
Arrow Fitted Carbon fender extender
Arrow Fitted Power commander 5

Failed to start it as the now 12 year old battery decided to shit itself.

https://i.imgur.com/8wtC8vT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BTlNbop.jpg

Still to do.....

Fit Ohlins
Fit Yoshimura
Fit Scottoiler
Fit new tyres
Fit hugger
Dyno session.

Last edited by Fisty on 21:22 - 11 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freed brake piston off again, removed it, cleaned it, seated it back.
Replaced a bolt that disappeared sometime today that is helping to hold insturments on. Decided to replace the other that was working itself out. Split washers used to try to preventy it happening again.
Removed chainguard, cleaned it, lubed and tnesioned chain, 'adjusted' (twatted it) chainguard to not hit chain.
Liberated some grit from the gritbox to try to make my route to the main road less of a fucking ice rink.

All in 6" of icy fucking snow.
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time in 2017, I have left it at home and gone in the car.

I was bricking it yesterday coming home from work and must have been annoying car drivers as I was on the back brake doing no more than 20mph in places.

Today, the cul de sac where I live was totally frozen, that and the hill to the bottom was too. It was -4.5C tbf.

I was annoying though, on the bike my commute is 12 to 15 mins, it took me ~ 35 minutes in the car.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freed-up some of the rollers in the chain one by one because time on my hands followed by a generous coating of lubrication.

Used it for the first time in over a week: slightly slippy but all good fun.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually rode it to work!

alternator belt snapped on the car so the bike had to be dug out the shed. It was running like a lumpy bag of lumps when I set off.

Running a bit smoother after the 25 mile run along the national speed limits. Surprised by how mild it is. I don't even have the muffs on!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condensation filed garage combined with putting it away salty has combined to form white nodules all over the cbr Embarassed

Hosed, acf'd, apologised profusely. It's a 90's Honda so no harm.
Warmed the acf up under the hot tap, much better spray pattern.

Can't remember whose tip that was but Thumbs Up

Cranked over slowly in the cold, been stood for 2wks but eventually fired up.
Started fine tonight after the ride home from work.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-crudded the rear drum which locked on - Road crud in the cam.
Patched exhaust again.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the Kawasaki's fork stanchions (the shiny tubes, I've only just learned that's what they're called) to Philpot's in Luton for rechroming. They kept leaking oil although to my eyes the chrome didn't look too bad, but the chap confirmed that the pitting was significant. Pick up in 6 weeks.

Wheezybiker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:49 - 23 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned it checked and lubed chain

Realised using a compressor to dry is quicker than cloths

Chain slack is just over 50mm Haynes says 46-55 is allowed so still got some miles in it yet then I can adjust it on the back wheel as I have some room left 2nd mark out of 5

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 23 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patched exhaust yet again. Bit bullet and ordered a new one, with studs and copper gasket. Chrome will have to go, but I can blast it in work and VHT it once I know it doesn't leak like a sieve.
Oil and filter change.
Cleaned excess road crud from motor and wrapped downpipe.
Fitted rear shoes, cleaned out road crud from drum and cam.

Wheel bearings and rear shocks also bought, need to do at some point over the xmas break.

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:46 - 24 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed the plugs and "warmed" them up over one of the gas rings in the kitchen. This after failed attempt to start the bike. My own fault - I had not used the bike in nearly ten days, and although I had turned off the fuel, I had also failed to run the engine until the carb emptied. The VB series carburettor, having possibly been designed by an ancestor of the person wot designed the Hampton Court maze, has some horrible slow running passages in which the dreaded gumming of petrol enjoys making all our lives a misery. Lesson learned; as the bike will be off the road for another two weeks or so, the carb has now been emptied of all traces of petrol.
Bah Humbug.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 24 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petemate wrote:
Removed the plugs and "warmed" them up over one of the gas rings in the kitchen. This after failed attempt to start the bike. My own fault - I had not used the bike in nearly ten days, and although I had turned off the fuel, I had also failed to run the engine until the carb emptied. The VB series carburettor, having possibly been designed by an ancestor of the person wot designed the Hampton Court maze, has some horrible slow running passages in which the dreaded gumming of petrol enjoys making all our lives a misery. Lesson learned; as the bike will be off the road for another two weeks or so, the carb has now been emptied of all traces of petrol.
Bah Humbug.

This is why I ride bikes from this century Wink

OliGibbs
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:44 - 25 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove it for a couple hundred meters and filled the tank. Embarassed
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to check on both bikes yesterday, the gixer wouldn't start so I left it on trickle charge for a few hours. Fortunately it fired up so I left it on charge overnight. Bearing in mind its electrical problems this year I was pretty surprised when it fired up!

I took the grom out for a ride today and despite the oil having that lovely cottage cheese effect on it, it was all fine. It had lost a number plate bolt (they seem to vibrate out) so straightened the plate and fitted a longer bolt and nut. I need to give both bikes a clean and fit some hand guards to the grom.

Overall, some positive bike stuff for a change!

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:26 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically today- I was still out there Ratting at about 2am. Needed some heat Very Happy Fit R1 tail plastics...

https://www.facebook.com/brokenbiker/videos/466150480453113/
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added temp and voltmeter to bike. Cheap chinese items but had to make a case to waterproof.

https://s17.postimg.org/jukxs6rpr/IMG_20171227_083207.jpg

Seems I need to waterproof the sensor connector.. 10 miles in, started to show11 degrees while my left hand was going numb from wiping the ice off visor.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
Added temp and voltmeter to bike. Cheap chinese items but had to make a case to waterproof.

https://s17.postimg.org/jukxs6rpr/IMG_20171227_083207.jpg

Seems I need to waterproof the sensor connector.. 10 miles in, started to show11 degrees while my left hand was going numb from wiping the ice off visor.

Aftermarket clip ons, do they interfere with the fairings, looks like you've adjusted the top clamp.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Aftermarket clip ons, do they interfere with the fairings, looks like you've adjusted the top clamp.

Yes they are wose than the originals for it, one of my hates about the cbr6, the throttle and master are designed to interfeer.. However the right bar is bent from a slow speed drop which makes it not as bad. However its cheap to replace the bars when they bend.

I am tempted to machine up some new clamps to be more like the originals yet allow replaceable bars. I would prefer to find a remote res master with the same piston size and a better throttle housing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 93 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 287 of 409