Another oldie gets back on a bike!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play. Enjoy.

You say new tyre, and 3000 miles - that presumably means one of those tyres hasn't been changed in its chuff. Probably best hook up a replacement than trust a 7 or potentially 8-9 Year old sat still on concrete tyre, regardless of whether it's front or back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:
Honda CBF 1000, 2011, 3000 miles, matching top box and panniers, years mot and a brand new tyre. service history, from a dealer but I'm very happy with the bike and service received.

Picked it up last Friday, just before weather turned bad. Drove it home, got carried away! suddenly realised fuel gauge gone into red and not knowing there was still 4L in tank filled up at nearest petrol station.

The one I (briefly) had would go from 3 bars to 1 bar, in the time between setting off and going a few minutes down the road, so do watch it Smile

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:13 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great bike choice Tim. Big bike for a big chap. The torque on that Honda will put most 600's in their place when pulling away and overtaking. 3k is a sensible used mileage. I test rode a CBF1000 a while back - smooth and reassuring. Your bike will do 95% of riding and the other 5% may lose your new Iicence, so keep it for a long time. When you are pushing 70 like me, you may choose to step up a bit, if you want! Twisted Evil

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:34 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:
Got myself a bike!

Honda CBF 1000, 2011, 3000 miles, matching top box and panniers, years mot and a brand new tyre. service history, from a dealer but I'm very happy with the bike and service received.

Picked it up last Friday, just before weather turned bad. Drove it home, got carried away! suddenly realised fuel gauge gone into red and not knowing there was still 4L in tank filled up at nearest petrol station.

Kid with a new toy! not been out on it since, our road is compacted snow at moment. may have to ring in sick when weather warms up.

I know some of you won't agree with dealers or even bike choice but I'm chuffed.

Cheers all

Tim

Nice one. It's what you are happy with that matters.

As far a fuel gauges go, I haven't met one yet on a bike that isn't out to fool you. Laughing On mine I can have the gauge down to 2 bars when the warning light comes on and know I still have at least 50 miles before I'm stranded. I suppose it's good it errs on the side of caution though. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:43 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

biker7 wrote:
Great bike choice Tim. Big bike for a big chap. The torque on that Honda will put most 600's in their place when pulling away and overtaking. 3k is a sensible used mileage. I test rode a CBF1000 a while back - smooth and reassuring. Your bike will do 95% of riding and the other 5% may lose your new Iicence, so keep it for a long time. When you are pushing 70 like me, you may choose to step up a bit, if you want! Twisted Evil

Yep, I beat a guy on a GSXR with West livery away from the lights, I know he was trying as he had the front wheel in the air. Next seat of lights I looked across expecting at least a nod, but the c**t had that I can't see you forward stare Rolling Eyes

Very easy bike to ride but too heavy for my liking.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:23 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:
2011, 3000 miles, matching top box and panniers

Never used, presumably? Poor bike, but it least it's tucked away in a garage again like it's accustomed to. Crying or Very sad

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:58 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry:

that's a good point, old tyre on rear is a BT57, don't think they're well thought of, will get it sorted.

Rogerboug:

you grumpy f**ker Wink

This bike gonna be used, commuter and tourer if the missus takes a liking to being pillion.

been out on it just now, in 't rain an all I'll have you know.

cheers
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3