Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fire TV stick screen flicker

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Fire TV stick screen flicker Reply with quote

Since I've had a prime sub' I've had a very occasional screen flicker when watching prime content, although I don't have any issue with Kodi, iPlayer, 4OD etc.

I do have the same issue with the Netflix app, and the issue has gone from an occasional to a regular flicker now Evil or Very Mad It's similar to an issue I had with my TV and Xbox except I've tried the stick on my PC monitor and have the same problem.

It's making stuff unwatchable as I lose picture for about a second, sometimes the content pauses and sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas? I was wondering if it was content quality causing the issue (with it being a Prime/Netflix issue). Tried a few different USB cables but no joy.

Inb4 buy a proper stick/streaming box.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Fire TV stick screen flicker Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Inb4 buy a proper stick/streaming box.

I'm out.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing It's funny it only happens with paid for content. I've watched 1080p streams through Kodi before without issue, not sure what iPlayer/All 4 etc. stream at.

Edit: 720 for iPlayer apparently.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stick did the same thing occasionally. Haven't used it in months though because I decided it was an annoying, slow, laggy buggy bit of kit. Was only on an upstairs TV and bought for Black Friday peanuts.

The Fire TV box, which I've had for longer, has been solid and never did the flicker/cutting picture thing.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm seems to be back to 'normal' now.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 08 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

You're welcome.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:55 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Did it stay OK?

Started using mine again because I've now got a separate(ish) wifi network running on the third floor of the house. Haven't noticed it flickering over the few days of use but it's now plugged into a much older TV that's only 720p.

Also this morning both the stick and the Fire box have installed an update to the OS. No idea if this will make a difference to performance. Read on the web it's something to do with bypassing an upcoming YouTube block.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
M.C wrote:

Did it stay OK?

Started using mine again because I've now got a separate(ish) wifi network running on the third floor of the house. Haven't noticed it flickering over the few days of use but it's now plugged into a much older TV that's only 720p.

Also this morning both the stick and the Fire box have installed an update to the OS. No idea if this will make a difference to performance. Read on the web it's something to do with bypassing an upcoming YouTube block.

Better than OK, zero flickering which it always previously did with Prime content. No idea what the issue was.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 103 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1