Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
And sometimes I don't know why you don't bother reading that which is in front of you.

Thatcher was ousted in 1990. You won't accept that Labour were formerly more anti-EU than the Tories, back in the 70's and 80's, but that's Ok, because you only recognise it when it became cool in the 90's, and Farage and his ilk jumped on the bandwagon?

M.C wrote:
Labour were against it but they're not the same people 'whinging' now?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
And sometimes I don't know why you don't bother reading that which is in front of you.

Thatcher was ousted in 1990. You won't accept that Labour were formerly more anti-EU than the Tories, back in the 70's and 80's, but that's Ok, because you only recognise it when it became cool in the 90's, and Farage and his ilk jumped on the bandwagon?

M.C wrote:
Labour were against it but they're not the same people 'whinging' now?

That's just it, the ones who are still involved in the Labour party probably are still the ones whinging about it Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:31 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grauniad: Vomits forth an award winning expose into how Russia-Russia-Russia #BoughtBrexit with Facebook fakelies.

Facebook: Yeah, they spend 73p on it.

I for one welcome the return of the Red under the bed. Clapping

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:15 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like the development of things. It's almost like one of those British political sitcoms.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
I kind of like the development of things. It's almost like one of those British political sitcoms.

"Yes Minister" was a documentary. Wasn't it? I thought... Confused
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

It might be funny, if they didn't give the impression that they are deliberately trying to make the biggest balls up possible, to derail the referendum decision.

It almost seems like they don't give a feck about the outcome or are just plain thick. I'm mostly talking about the May's minions, that went against her just the other day.

A corruption scandal would not surprise me at all.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:16 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treasona May being applauded by her fellow Europhiles pretty much sums up Brexit so far.

She may want to hit the streets of the country that she ostensibly represents and see if she get similar adulation.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Andrew Marred this AM. Im now wondering, what if the Rexiteers do manage to stop us from leaving the EU?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Watching Andrew Marred this AM. Im now wondering, what if the Rexiteers do manage to stop us from leaving the EU?

Voter apathy will hit the floor and the rich will get richer
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:34 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
what if the Rexiteers do manage to stop us from leaving the EU?

Nothing much. Leavers tend to be mature, decent, sensible working people. Most of the shrieking riot monkeys will be delighted[*] with a #BrexitBetrayal.

[*] In the sense of carrying on their usual insane demands to change everything to suit their delusions about how the world should work, but not actually burning and smashing things for a bit.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Voter apathy will hit the floor and the rich will get richer

That will happen whether Brexit or not.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the divisions in society will get deeper. Seething resentment and quiet anger will turn to real hatred and actual violence.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:45 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I think the divisions in society will get deeper. Seething resentment and quiet anger will turn to real hatred and actual violence.

By whom against whom?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
By whom against whom?

Boomers, early Gen X

And Gen Y and Millennials.

The funny thing is the wealth of the boomers depends on the productivity of all those who came after them.

Crush their wealth crush their spending ability and ability to make money and another generation and boomer wealth evaporates.

Those 500K houses I'm pretty sure aren't going to be bought by the gig economy generation.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:48 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those 500K houses I'm pretty sure aren't going to be bought by the gig economy generation.

They'll stand empty?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
They'll stand empty?

My best guess is that overseas investors will buy them.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

I thought they already had!

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:15 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Johnnythefox wrote:
They'll stand empty?

Should we ban these 'overseas purchasers'? would, say the EU have a 'thing' where there was free movement as long as you don't buy a property when you move....

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Should we ban these 'overseas purchasers'? would, say the EU have a 'thing' where there was free movement as long as you don't buy a property when you move....

A few countries ban foreign ownership of property. Off my head Vietnam, Thailand and Mexico prevent foreign ownership of property.

The problem is it would cause localised price discovery. This would lose banks money... so they'd never do it.

There are other negative consequences too as in another post continue selling and you lose your nation. Yet at the same time stop doing it and the same thing may happen but in a slightly different way.

The political class have effectively snookered the nation. There's 3 reds left on the table and the other guy has scored a 115 break.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:32 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Itchy wrote:

Pointless anyway, the majority of people who move do so to earn a slight pittance more than they can at home. Hardly the free flow of capital you suggest would be avoided.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:45 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steady on. The aforementioned £500k only buys a fairly modern 4-bed detached house on an estate on the Herts/Cambs border. If foreign investors were keen on such properties they'd be buying everything up already.

I doubt that anyone partaking in the "gig economy" is buying property but at some point the house-price bubble must burst, in which case property becomes more affordable to young, full-time working couples. I do think a soft or cancelled Brexit would lead to street protests which might escalate to rioting, and there would be significant, far-reaching resentment of the 'establishment' and 'authority', but the generalisation that all middle-aged and old folk are unjustifiably wealthy compared to younger citizens and that this would turn to violent conflict is just fantasy.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:53 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
By whom against whom?

Boomers, early Gen X

And Gen Y and Millennials.

Actual violence?

Home invasions?

When?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Johnnythefox wrote:

A few countries ban foreign ownership of property. Off my head Vietnam, Thailand and Mexico prevent foreign ownership of property.

The problem is it would cause localised price discovery. This would lose banks money... so they'd never do it.

There are other negative consequences too as in another post continue selling and you lose your nation. Yet at the same time stop doing it and the same thing may happen but in a slightly different way.

The political class have effectively snookered the nation. There's 3 reds left on the table and the other guy has scored a 115 break.

Thinking about doing something similar in New Zealand arnt they?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Actual violence?

Home invasions?

When?

Ha how 19th century of you.

Nah it's actually something much worse. It is indifference.

Individuals will eventually stop participating in mainstream society and in doing so stop producing and become parasites instead or they'll participate but they will do the minimum required or take a third option.

The UK tax system actually encourages people to cut down their hours and get tax credit top ups.

It's summed up as easier to be a parasite than to be a producer.

It's like a slave strike. The plantation owner loses out but what's he going to do kill them? Impose even harsher sanctions? They've got nothing anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 89 of 523