Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

XR125L Lightning problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Koos Louw
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:17 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: XR125L Lightning problem Reply with quote

I have a 2014 XR125L Honda.Only the brake light is working plus neutral. The neutral light has it's own positive wire. I have replaced the regulator, and still no lights except brake light are working. There are 4 wires on the regulator. Green, yellow, white and red. Red has positive, green has negative, white has power from magnito, yellow does not supply power to the lights. All fuses are working properly, all wires continuity test back to front is correct. Ground wire tested from inside magnito to body plus regulator to lights ok. Already spend a lot of money on regulator, please help!

neptune8
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:32 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you just bought the bike? On many small Hondas, lights are powered directly from the generator, so engine has to be running for lights to work. Only brake light, dash lights and horn work from battery.

Koos Louw
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:52 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Light problem Reply with quote

Thanks for reply. You are correct about starting before lights could work. When you start the bike there is power supply (white wire) from the generator but that supply go straight to the regulator. There is a red wire supply battery positive power, and a green wire supply ground. Then the fourth wire (yellow) on the regulator needs to supply the power to the lights but receive no power. I tested both regulators on other bike and both are working. I hope you can help me. Thank you

neptune8
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:26 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you need a wiring diagram, either off line, or from a workshop manual. I ask again, have you just bought this bike, possibly with the fault already on it ? On bikes with "direct" lighting, like this one, the power for the lights comes directly from the generator [alternator], and not through the regulator. I think somehow you have wires not connected correctly, or possibly, a faulty coil in the alternator. You need a diagram.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 119 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1