Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New CFMoto Concept bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: New CFMoto Concept bike Reply with quote

Hi All

Personally, I can't say that I'm too keen on the looks, but each to their own, all I can say is my CFMoto has been very reliable thus far.

https://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/cfmoto-gets-serious-cool-new-v-twin

https://www.visordown.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/cfmoto%20v02nk%20%283%29.gif?itok=JaXFr3uC

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:46 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: New CFMoto Concept bike Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
my CFMoto has been very reliable thus far.

How far?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:04 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't Thumbs Down Razz

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:24 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: New CFMoto Concept bike Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:
my CFMoto has been very reliable thus far.

How far?

Approaching 10000 miles, will have to change the tyres shortly though.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fact that bike manufacturers other than the big four are looking at new ideas/concepts.
However what the fick is this obsession at the moment about making all bikes look like rejects from a Transformers film Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:23 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
new ideas/concepts.

You get that it's a KTM Super Duke with the plastics shuffled around and a trick rear suspension bolted on for "conceptual" purposes, right?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all bikes from all manufacturers are just derivatives, afterall, you can only do so much with 2 wheels and an engine, and still be rideable/practical. Also, considering KTM have had design input to CFMoto bikes now for a while, hardly a surprise

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

You get that it's a KTM Super Duke with the plastics shuffled around and a trick rear suspension bolted on for "conceptual" purposes, right?

Yer ,it’s just nice to think that producers/manufacturers/importers are thinking about trying to make new products.

This particular one might be a non starter, but, “from little acorns, great oak trees grow” hopefully.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, CFMoto have quite a decent little range, not extensive by any stretch of the imagination, but not a bad little range all the same, just a shame over here we're restricted in what's available.

However, you can clearly see the Kiska influence on the NK bikes

https://www.cfmoto.cn/onroad/

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
To be fair, CFMoto have quite a decent little range, not extensive by any stretch of the imagination, but not a bad little range all the same, just a shame over here we're restricted in what's available.

https://www.cfmoto.cn/onroad/

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again here.
It’s all well and good them having a range of bikes for sale over here, but buyers want a support network before people start parting with cash.

As much I am pleased CF-Moto are looking towards new sales opportunities, I’d be more impressed if the news was about establishing a dealer network and support training for those involved.

I’d be more inclined to walk into one of their establishments then.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again here.
It’s all well and good them having a range of bikes for sale over here, but buyers want a support network before people start parting with cash.

As much I am pleased CF-Moto are looking towards new sales opportunities, I’d be more impressed if the news was about establishing a dealer network and support training for those involved.

I’d be more inclined to walk into one of their establishments then.

To be fair, aside from at the beginning when there seemed a few issues getting hold of someone at WK, when it came to replacing the bits damaged in the crash, they supplied the parts next day. WK/CFmoto, 'appear' to have a good working relationship. CFMoto's range isn't big enough on it's own to go down the dealer route here in the UK. It's very different, say, in Australia.

The biggest bug bear I've found is Zonghshen/Honley very poor, but, who knows, perhaps working with Norton, will mean Zongshen get their act together?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:39 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
CFMoto's range isn't big enough on it's own to go down the dealer route here in the UK.

Then it will remain an insignificant niche brand bought by contrarians. It's really up to CF Moto whether they want to address that, or whether they'll keep selling their stuff to random rebranders without ever adding value to it.

linuxyeti wrote:
The biggest bug bear I've found is Zonghshen/Honley very poor, but, who knows, perhaps working with Norton, will mean Zongshen get their act together?

<loooooool.png>

A marriage made in Heaven Fawlty Towers.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Then it will remain an insignificant niche brand bought by contrarians. It's really up to CF Moto whether they want to address that, or whether they'll keep selling their stuff to random rebranders without ever adding value to

The same could have been said about Triumph not a great deal of time ago !! CFMoto are actively increasing their range, there is a fair chance if they continue, at some point they will hit critical mass. Bearing in mind, ATV's are probably still their bread and butter products that sell well. The thing is it's quite rare to find a bad review of a CFMoto bike, but easy to find decent reviews, it may inky be a matter if time.

However, in the not too distant future, I reckon if you haven't got a range of electric bikes, then long term your brand won't survive. Petrol bikes will be a thing of the past, sooner rather than later.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
I love the fact that bike manufacturers other than the big four are looking at new ideas/concepts.
However what the fick is this obsession at the moment about making all bikes look like rejects from a Transformers film Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

They've decided to bring them into this century maybe? Bikes hadn't changed a massive amount since the 70s, nakeds all pretty much looked the same and so did faired bikes. I saw a daytona 600 today and christ Sick

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:11 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
CFMoto are actively increasing their range

The bikes aren't the problem. The root problem is that you can't buy a CF Moto cycle in the UK.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:22 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

The bikes aren't the problem. The root problem is that you can't buy a CF Moto cycle in the UK.

Really? Mine's branded CFMoto.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:33 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Really? Mine's branded CFMoto.

WK aren't even having them rebranded now?

When oil pump goes and it seizes with whom is your contract?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's from 2015, and branded CFMoto, I know someone who has 2013 TR, but that's unbranded, as he resprayed it black & gold, but that's his line of work. First port of call in the instance you mention, would be my local mechanic who I've used for various bits of work and MOT's for iver 10 years, never changed an oil pump, and probably wouldn't know where to start.

However, I have slowly build up a spare parts store, just not had to use any as yet. All ordered from WK, and all delivered in under a week. I have spare throttle & clutch cables, also spare mirror covers, as i keep scraping the 1 getting the bike in and out of the garage, spare, crash bung/covers, again, when I had the crash with the van, one of those got damaged. Again, when I had the crash, I had repaired it with parts supplied by WK in under a week.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:59 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:

The biggest bug bear I've found is Zonghshen/Honley very poor, will Zongshen ever get their act together?

There fixed it for you Thumbs Up Smile

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:04 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
electric bikes,.

Twisted Evil dirty boy , now go and wash your mouth out Twisted Evil
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1