Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Battery and Bar ends & starting issues on GSX650F

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Renzakuken
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:48 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Battery and Bar ends & starting issues on GSX650F Reply with quote

Evening all

I've three questions:

1. Having replaced the battery (Link - https://bit.ly/2BKIc3t) for my GSX650F, I've added the acid and sealed the battery caps, am I right in thinking I need to stick it on to charge until for 5-10hrs based on the charger that I have (Oxford Optimizer 900)?

2. I fitted Oxford heated grips and noticed something unusual with my bar-end fittings. Inside both ends of the handlebar I've discovered a small tube of rubber with a nut attached. The end is secured to the frame by the bolt tightening onto the nut and in doing so forcing the rubber tube to shorten and expand as its compressed. I may not be the most savvy of DIY mechanics, but I smell a bull-sh*ttery when I see it. Has anyone come across this before and what has this replaced inside the bars, so i can fit what should be there instead.

3. I attempted to fit my heated grip controller to my clutch assembly, via the two bolts that secure it to the handlebar; this wasn't successful because the bracket met with the clutch oil resevoir and so I've settled with securing it to the fairing by the dash. However, on trying to start the bike up, after putting the clutch assembly back together - nothing happened. I've discovered this was reported on a forum (Link - https://bit.ly/2CcrEoz)

"I got the answer. Turns out I had to go to the local dealer for a recall of my rectifier. When I got there, I told the tech she has to be push started and why. The tech found the problem why it wouldn't start. It's the "Clutch Switch Ass'y" and it's part no. 1101027 on BikeBandit.com. The cost is $19. The tech noticed if he squeezed the clutch all the way and at that point pivot the handle either up or down slowly all the while keeping the START button pressed, the engine would start."

Has anyone come across this issue before and what could be causing it exactly, is it because a contact inside the assembly has become disconnected or something similar?

Thank you all for your patience, i appreciate it's a bit of a wordy post.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Battery and Bar ends & starting issues on GSX650F Reply with quote

Renzakuken wrote:
Evening all

2. I noticed something unusual with my bar-end fittings. Inside both ends of the handlebar I've discovered a small tube of rubber with a nut attached. The end is secured to the frame by the bolt tightening onto the nut and in doing so forcing the rubber tube to shorten and expand as its compressed. I may not be the most savvy of DIY mechanics.

Vibration dampeners?

Renzakuken
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:44 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vibration dampeners?

I really think it's a shoddy job, what do bar-ends usually screw into?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renzakuken wrote:
Quote:
Vibration dampeners?

I really think it's a shoddy job, what do bar-ends usually screw into?

You seen how cavity wall plugs expand, well it’s the same principle.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clutch switch usually has two female blade connectors that are easy to knock out, same with the brake light switch. That is more likely than a faulty part.

The bar end fixing is valid, dont worry about it. I hate the genuine honda ones as they will never go back the same, and are also made of the cheapest and most brittle, porus aluminium know to man.

Yes you need to charge the battey. If the previous failed then it is a very good idea to check the regulator-stator connector block for signs of overheating.

evilzed
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:46 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Battery and Bar ends & starting issues on GSX650F Reply with quote

Renzakuken wrote:

2. I fitted Oxford heated grips and noticed something unusual with my bar-end fittings. Inside both ends of the handlebar I've discovered a small tube of rubber with a nut attached. The end is secured to the frame by the bolt tightening onto the nut and in doing so forcing the rubber tube to shorten and expand as its compressed. I may not be the most savvy of DIY mechanics, but I smell a bull-sh*ttery when I see it. Has anyone come across this before and what has this replaced inside the bars, so i can fit what should be there instead.

My Suzuki Inazuma has the same bar end mounting system stock, it works fine and I haven't had them ever come loose so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1