Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Helmet - squished cheeks?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: New Helmet - squished cheeks? Reply with quote

Treated my self to a new helmet this very christmas - because why not.

Measured my head, an bought a helmet (AGV K3 Rossi Tartaruga)

My previous AGV lid was a XL an was slightly too big on my head - at speed it could sorta move around Shocked

So new lid is a L, its a sweet fit around my head, but cheeks are getting squashed as funk - this common?

will the pads give a bit or something?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:17 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. That's fine. They'll get worn in and it'll be a proper fitting lid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as your head doesn't start throbbing you're fine.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, did you keep the receipt Mudcow?

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same helmet.. bought it earlier this year, seen so many people with the same helmet, even one courier who works for the same company as I do.... Mind you it's a big hit with the ladies...

Anyway back to the plot...

Squished cheeks are perfectly normal and as already mentioned a very good sign. In a few days you will get use to it.

I've been wearing AGV K3's for years, my last 2 agv's have been the SV series, best of all they are cheap, even if they are not fibre glass.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:52 - 30 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been sporting my shiny new helmet proudly around the house since Xebusmass morning. Mrs Borg has trouble fathoming that this is normal.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 30 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
Squished cheeks are perfectly normal and as already mentioned a very good sign.

Sure, within reason. After a few hundred miles in my current Shoei Neotec, I found the squishedness really too overbearing, and shelled out a large wodge on replacement small-size cheek pads (could have bought a cheapo helmet for the price, FFS). Even after fitting those, the helmet still gives me Trumpmouth, but is now much more comfortable.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/avatar_5393fde8335f_128.pnj

Last edited by Freddyfruitbat on 13:36 - 31 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

Analogkid
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:12 - 30 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how squished you cheeks are, like the poster above I bough a Neotec, standard pads squished cheeks so much my teeth where biting down on inside, swapped at time of purchase (no cost) for thinner set (4mm each side) and cheeks snug but no biting of inside, year on and i's still snug.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Courier265 wrote:
Squished cheeks are perfectly normal and as already mentioned a very good sign.

Sure, within reason. After a few hundred miles in my current Shoei Neotec, I found the squishedness really too overebearing, and shelled out a large wodge on replacement small-size cheek pads (could have bought a cheapo helmet for the price, FFS). Even after fitting those, the helmet still gives me Trumpmouth, but is now much more comfortable.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/avatar_5393fde8335f_128.pnj

I used to wear Shoei helmets back in the days of quick release straps, every helmet fitted me perfectly, just a very slight squish, if it wasn't for Shoei doing away with quick release I'd still be wearing Shoei helmets.

Mind you different models, different shells, different fit.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helmets are an absolute minefield with sizing, how much padding will compress etc., just as an example my small Bell was way too tight (headache inducing), so I got a medium lining and it fits lovely... but eventually its gets a bit loose and I need to stick the lining in the wash to plump back out (it needs a wash anyway by this point Sick).

My previous medium Nitro was too loose, so I bought an XS lid for 1/3 price off eBay expecting it to be too small, as I'd used an XS Nitro before and got a bad headache. It was a bit tight but compressed into a nice fit Eh?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1