Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Which way is choke on/off+ fuel tap

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:19 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Which way is choke on/off+ fuel tap Reply with quote

Right then, got a lexmoto arenaline 125, just need to know which way to turn the choke for on/off and same for fuel tap. manual doesn't tell me anything useful. What position is the choke in the picture?

regards to the fuel tap, theses a long "arm" with a notch and a short angled arm at the other side of the lever, any guesses which way is the actual selector?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Which way is choke on/off+ fuel tap Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:

regards to the fuel tap, theses a long "arm" with a notch and a short angled arm at the other side of the lever, any guesses which way is the actual selector?

I'd go with the long arm being the marker, and usually the fuel tap would point downwards for normal tank, up for reserve tank and left to close off.

EDIT: *Pictures would tell a thousand words though.*

Just seen the picture. It's as I described, so what's above is right Smile

Last edited by arry on 13:30 - 22 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:27 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Which way is choke on/off+ fuel tap Reply with quote

arry wrote:
adengtg wrote:

I'd go with the long arm being the marker, and usually the fuel tap would point downwards for normal tank, up for reserve tank and left to close off. Pictures would tell a thousand words though.

Pics are attache... or should be

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:30 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry yes, they are attached. Just edited my post Smile.

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:37 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Sorry yes, they are attached. Just edited my post Smile.

Right, just spent half an hour trying to bump start it and messing with the choke only to realise the killswitch was on.... fuck my life
i just switched from a moped that wouldnt even use the starter motor with the killswitch on so thats why i didnt check sooner

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

ace

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel injection... like going black Wub

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:31 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Fuel injection... like going black Wub

Really? that much better? Its 2nd hand anyways so i didnt have a choice Smile

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting procedure for my XR:
- Warm Summers day: start and ride (no choke) Dance!
- a bit nippy (so most of Summer/Autumn/Spring): partial choke and a short period warming up
- Winters day: coax the f'ing thing into life, keep it running with short bursts of throttle, too much and it stalls Rolling Eyes Eventually it's warm enough to actually let you ride it.

Starting procedure for my FI bikes:
- Most of the year: hit starter... ride off straight away.
- Really cold weather: occasionally it starts on the button second time... then I ride off straight away.

I appreciate some carb' bikes are better, but they all need warming up (unless you ride with the choke on Tut Tut).

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 30 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

starting procedure for my Beta

turn the choke on, turn the fuel on, bounce the bike up and down a bit, hit the starter

if that doesn't work, put it in gear and bump it back and forth, then put it in neutral then start it

leave choke on for about 1 minute, killing everything with clouds of smoke, then take choke off, then either ride off with it a bit sketchy, or idle for another minute and ride off

starting procedure for my Honda

hit starter, ride off Laughing

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

w0t arry saiz, yo.

I used to have to turn the tap off on my Arrow after every ride, forget why but was important. Thinking that might be the same.

Check the idol speed once you get to go out -- weather permitting -- and ensure is between 1,000-1,500 rpm (based on Arrow). Just because it's cold and it's an easy thing to adjust.

Cheap as chips to run: 1 litre of oil, one spark plug and a battery and air filter that are no doubt under the side panels and seat (oh, stick some red rubber grease on the lugs of the side panels whenever you next take them off so they don't freeze up and snap because cheap plastic -- pot of red rubber from ebay, you'll need it when it comes to servicing brakes also).

Get yourself a 13 mm chain also. You'll want to chain it up at all times because yout dem theft-magnet even if slow.

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:27 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
w0t arry saiz, yo.

I used to have to turn the tap off on my Arrow after every ride, forget why but was important. Thinking that might be the same.

Check the idol speed once you get to go out -- weather permitting -- and ensure is between 1,000-1,500 rpm (based on Arrow). Just because it's cold and it's an easy thing to adjust.

Cheap as chips to run: 1 litre of oil, one spark plug and a battery and air filter that are no doubt under the side panels and seat (oh, stick some red rubber grease on the lugs of the side panels whenever you next take them off so they don't freeze up and snap because cheap plastic -- pot of red rubber from ebay, you'll need it when it comes to servicing brakes also).

Get yourself a 13 mm chain also. You'll want to chain it up at all times because yout dem theft-magnet even if slow.

already got 16mm pragmasis chain and oxford monster disc lock from my scooter i had before it. Its about to go in for its 1st service since i got it used from a guy who barely used it. i would service it myself but it has a few things needing doing such as the chain is a little loose and i really need the warranty. After a few months im going to buy all new plastics for it so its all nice and new.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
already got 16mm pragmasis chain and oxford monster disc lock from my scooter i had before it. Its about to go in for its 1st service since i got it used from a guy who barely used it. i would service it myself but it has a few things needing doing such as the chain is a little loose and i really need the warranty. After a few months im going to buy all new plastics for it so its all nice and new.

Keep an eye on the weight balance trying to lug that 16 around. I found a 13 heavy enough on the Arrow.

Probably best to get the first two services done by shop because teething issues but beyond that I'd go it alone. A service is generally done over the year as and when things arise so just tackle things as they come up. Probably better to learn things in your own time otherwise you'll be heading off to the shop for a bill largely consisting of labour each week you ride given the road conditions at current (jamming brakes).

New plastics is a dead end investment unless good reason. Most bikes like these get owned by teens as their first and thrown to the scrap yard or sold on facebook/gumtree in bits.

Enjoy.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:30 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
I used to have to turn the tap off on my Arrow after every ride, forget why but was important.

Wait what Eh?

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 04 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
NJD wrote:
I used to have to turn the tap off on my Arrow after every ride, forget why but was important.

Wait what Eh?

some bikes the float bowl fills up / starts to leak if sat with the fuel tap on
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 5 years, 289 days between these two posts...

alamn2
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:33 - 20 Oct 2023    Post subject: Re: Which way is choke on/off+ fuel tap Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
Right then, got a lexmoto arenaline 125, just need to know which way to turn the choke for on/off and same for fuel tap. manual doesn't tell me anything useful. What position is the choke in the picture?

Hi all im struggling to locate that fuel switch on my lxr 125 2021 model , any guidence would be helpfull nothing online .

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:42 - 20 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll be a fuel injected bike by 2021 era , so wont have a on/off fuel tap, it will have a fuel pump that sorts all this out by itself.

also, thread necro. ugh.

alamn2
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:40 - 20 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:
it'll be a fuel injected bike by 2021 era , so wont have a on/off fuel tap, it will have a fuel pump that sorts all this out by itself.

Ok thanks, iv picked up a bike , the fuel reads 2 bars cranks dont start. the kick stand switch is already hard wired , cant seem to figure out . thanks , ill keep looking

also, thread necro. ugh.

This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1