Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SUKUZI / PITBIKE ENGINE SWAP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

finchyn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:28 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: SUKUZI / PITBIKE ENGINE SWAP Reply with quote

I currently own a Suzuki GS 125cc and im looking for a cheaper alternative option to buy a brand new larger cc engine. I have been looking on ebay at 140cc pitbike engines. I would like to know if it would fit in. Embarassed

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be such a thick fucking prick!

Pit bike motors are generally horizontal cylinder units that are long but not very tall. No chance of fitting such an engine into a Suzuki GS125.

If your short on cash buy a brand new 150cc clone engine from a Chinese manufacturer. If your lucky it'll have the same 12bhp as the original 125cc Japanese lump.

If your too poor to buy a new clone engine, then look for a second hand GS engine, or get a manual and rebuild the engine you have already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

finchyn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:43 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Don't be such a thick fucking prick!

Pit bike motors are generally horizontal cylinder units that are long but not very tall. No chance of fitting such an engine into a Suzuki GS125.

If your short on cash buy a brand new 150cc clone engine from a Chinese manufacturer. If your lucky it'll have the same 12bhp as the original 125cc Japanese lump.

If your too poor to buy a new clone engine, then look for a second hand GS engine, or get a manual and rebuild the engine you have already.

Could you send me links please ?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:55 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to get a larger cc engine is to get a bike that's got a larger cc engine as standard. Wink

finchyn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:58 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sunk a bit of time and money into this bike, so would be nice to see it on the road again. Im just interested in putting a 250 in it or lower. just want a faster bike

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:06 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you just interested in putting a bigger engine into your GS125 or are you just wanting a faster bike?

It won't be cheap or easy to wedge a 250cc engine into your GS125, it's not a straightforward way of getting a faster bike.

Cut your losses, flog the GS125 and get a bigger bike. Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DR 200 grey import bike has the best engine you'll ever get to bolt straight into a GS125. Its only about 18bhp though and you won't find one anyway.

Its the sort of thing you'd do if you had a suitable engine laying under your workbench and a broken GS engine. Otherwise Ste is right, but that's a rule of BCF anyway! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

finchyn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:14 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to be registering it as a 125cc still, this is the problem

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:17 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

finchyn wrote:
Im going to be registering it as a 125cc still, this is the problem

Only idiots do that.

Spend the money on doing your test, then sell the 125 and buy a faster bike.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:02 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol.

Nah, just nah.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 13 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy r1 or busa

same laws being broken

insurance invalid /no licence entitlement for the vehicle etc etc

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 13:27 - 13 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually breaking less laws.

Ignoring them and riding bike you don't have licence for, or tax or insurance, than trying to build some super-cheat, that shows 'for thought' and 'intent to deceive'.

And it is an utter work of utter criminal idiocy, when you rate risks vs rewards, when a 250 four-stroke single might only make perhaps 1 or 2 bhp more than a learner-licence allows anyway!

It's barely scraping the territory of an unrestricted two-stroke 125 single!!

Keep to simple, keep it standard, keep it reliable; and LEARN TO RIDE the effin thing.

Point to Point, I have gone just as fast and often faster on a genuinely restricted 4-stroke 125 than other folk on 600's... just had to work a bit harder to risk points on my licence in the higher speed limits. Quite a lot of fun actually, and far more rewarding doing it with genuine skill bravery and shear stupidity than, just a big engine and excess of perceived powah.... a super-cheat 125 probably wont have much of anyway!

If you have sunk a 'lot of money' into an old GS125... get the value from it; get the thing through an MOT, and go use as intended, as Learner/commuter, to get about ad get a licence.

If you want to go 'quick'. learn to ride it. Old race track adage; want a faster bike, fit a better ride! Better rider, goes faster, uses less fuel, breaks less bits, has less crashes... its all 'win'and better rider works on any bike its fitted to, not just a 125.

If you want to go really quick? Take better rider to the track! There points mean prizes, not penalties, and the ambulance is on stand-by and knows where to look for your bleeding body!!! Pubic roads are for going places, and hopefully coming back, they aren't a free for all test track!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:49 - 13 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
buy r1 or busa

same laws being broken

!

busa engine wont fit!

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 13 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:
andyscooter wrote:
buy r1 or busa

same laws being broken

!

busa engine wont fit!

I'm sure with a little bit of work the OP could fit any engine Rolling Eyes

1000cc pit bike

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 21:15 - 13 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:
andyscooter wrote:
buy r1 or busa

same laws being broken

!

busa engine wont fit!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3a/d6/24/3ad62424fe4b0a513b10aeac4402e0f6.jpg

Your imagination is too limited! If some-one can squeeze a Bandit 12 lump into a mini-moto, I am SURE that with enough reality altering medication, and a well enough equipped work-shop, getting a Busa Mota between a par of GS125 wheels is entirely feasible.... lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:10 - 14 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP is gone never to be seen again. Laughing

bassmastergen...
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:26 - 15 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
buy r1 or busa

same laws being broken

There's less chance of getting caught using his plan, though, as what he's proposing means that his bike will never run again.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1