BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bangermatics - leaky roof

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:35 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that every few years we have a few weeks of very hot un UK like weather, and it could get unbearably hot in a car that's been parked in the sun all day, or if your sat in stationary city traffic.

But I drive non air conditioned vans at work, and have survived all UK weather. I just drink loads of water and have the blowers on. I think for asthma sufferer's that A/C isn't that helpful, as your recycling stale cold air all the time.

Don't get me wrong, if I was buying a new daily drive to work white goods car, then I'd probably have one with A/C by default, but for a car that's just for fun and weekends etc, air conditioning doesn't seem very advantageous, compared to other considerations like making space for bigger radiators, engines, or intercoolers etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:14 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited by smegballs on 21:37 - 17 May 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:
Fuck A/C, it's a modern car thing and I don't like it! I'd like to throw out my PAS rack and pipework too if there was a manual rack available, as I don't want to deal with high pressure hoses, or pay to have some made etc.

Same I hate car AC, it feels unnatural and weird. I'd much rather just roll down the windows and get some fast fresh air, even if it is a bit hotter temperature wise.

Fast Air > Cool Air

I agree but at motorway speeds the wind noise can be annoying.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:28 - 09 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
smegballs wrote:
I'd much rather just roll down the windows and get some fast fresh air, even if it is a bit hotter temperature wise.

Fast Air > Cool Air

I agree but at motorway speeds the wind noise can be annoying.

For those of us with beautiful hair, this creates problems such as I can't check my phone or eat my sandwich whilst driving, hair goes everywhere. Laughing

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 10 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like beautiful stylish hair is more of a pain in the arse than chronic asthma though? Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:15 - 12 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Sounds like beautiful stylish hair is more of a pain in the arse than chronic asthma though? Laughing

I know which I'd rather have. Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 12 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:
Fuck A/C, it's a modern car thing and I don't like it! I'd like to throw out my PAS rack and pipework too if there was a manual rack available, as I don't want to deal with high pressure hoses, or pay to have some made etc.

You seem to be very anti-modern.

I get it, but seriously, I had no AC in my Civic for about 2 weeks in the height of summer. I nearly died.

Paddy, Paddy. What an exaggeration, you just got a bit sweaty. Tut Tut Nearly dieing is reserved for when you get to a pub on a stiflingly hot day and they are closed. Wink

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:52 - 12 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, was near death, honest.

Sweat had caused parts of my hair to curl, that just isn't right.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2